John Stewart Show

DKW 86

Saw a few moments of John Stewarts Show this AM. He was hilarious. Talked about how Gephardt gave a great interview on Larry King. Said it was the best connection Gephardt had ever made....to himself.

Made fun of Kerry on the Hawg, on Leno. Talked about how all great campaigners fire the campaign chair and have half the staff resign go on to do so well later on.....NOT. Stated that all the only folks impressed with Kerry on a Hawg were generally about 15 years old.

Made fun of Dean not accepting matching funds, thereby allowing him to drag in unlimited contributions. :blink: Went on to say Dean said, "all we need is do is find 2M Americans that can give $100........each." Stewart just looked as incredulous as he could as he read that.

Basically, focused on how the Dem Candidates were just talking to themselves because no one cared what they said.

As the economy gains ground look for the Dems to get even more marginalized.

New spin/talking point, The economic recovery favors the.........rich, according to Gephardt. I just wish the tax dodging creep would pay his taxes.

The best laugh I've gotten from him lately is when he titled his segment on Iraqi news as the " 'Mess' o' Potamia". Mess it is, and a good play on the word.

DKW writes:

Made fun of Kerry on the Hawg, on Leno. Talked about how all great campaigners fire the campaign chair and have half the staff resign go on to do so well later on.....NOT. Stated that all the only folks impressed with Kerry on a Hawg were generally about 15 years old.

Kerry killed his own campaign when he railed against our reasons for going to war and then voted to give Bush war powers anyway. It appeared that he caved on his own convictions to the passion of the time, when the majority of Americans had been sold on the war. This has killed any chance he has of winning the Democratic nomination. There are really only two viable candidates for the party nomination; Howard Dean and Wesley Clark. Myself, I'd like to see both of them on the ticket. As for your contention that no one is listening to the Democratic candidates, that's probably true since the elections are a year away, but in the latest polls, half of the likely voters surveyed said they would be voting AGAINST George W. Bush in 2004. Of course, the majority of voters also voted against him in 2000. :rolleyes: Don't overlook that outside of Arkansas, no one in 1991 knew who Bill Clinton was.

Archived