Bama 2005 = Auburn 2004

Raven_tiger

i wonder how many publications were proclaiming that we would go undefeated last year after we beat lsu?

Ramp_Lady.jpg

Sons of Scotland, I am William Wallace.

But, William Wallace is seven feet tall.

Yes, I've heard. He kills men by the hundreds, and if he were

here he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes and

bolts of lightning from his arse.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

You left off one important factor: Tuberville is way smarter than shula, any day of the week.

:cheer:

Who will be last year's Auburn?  None other than last year's Auburn.  No team can come close to that team in a whole lot of ways.  They were more than just a team.  They were a bunch of guys who went out despite 2003's flop, and just went out and played football.    If you want to talk about actual talent, we had 4 first rounders.  Want to talk about heart?  No one dare touches Auburn last year.  And most importantly the only team who can BE Auburn is Auburn.  No one else.. So the question should ask.  "Who will accomplish what Auburn did last year?  Not who will BE this year's Auburn.

Criteria to even consider before comparing a team to the 2004 Auburn Tigers.

1) Have to have a mediocre season starting out as "magazine" National Championship Contenders only to start criticized the next year and go undefeated.

2) Have to wait until 9 games into the season.  If you remember we did not know just how special the 2004 Auburn Tigers were until after we clinched the SEC WEST at Mississippi. 

3) Have to overcome a major road test...  Va Tech beat Ga. Tech in Blacksburg (not road)  and Alabama beat Florida in (Tuscaloosa) .. Otherwise we could have already known for certain we were going undefeated after LSU.  NO?

4) Show awesome NFL draft results.  (Auburn sent 4 first rounders, very unheard of by one school)

5) They have to have an  unexplainable amount of heart!!!

Sorry if this is a little bit overboard, but I just see no team, coming close to all the things Auburn faced last year.  I'm not saying no team can do alot of these things, and going undefeated, but I don't see any team coming close to comparing to the 2004 Auburn Tigers.

185980[/snapback]

4) Show awesome NFL draft results.  (Auburn sent 4 first rounders, very unheard of by one school)

Um....go check your history. It was a very impressive feat, but Miami has done better in two drafts in the past 5 or 6 years.

It was the first time that two running backs from the same school were taken in the first 5 picks. Maybe that's what you meant.

186348[/snapback]

Okay sorry with the exception of Miami, but I thought that was a given. :)

uat is this year's Auburn?  I'm afraid Virginia Tech would scrub the floor with uat.

186337[/snapback]

Until they lose to Auburn in the Sugar bowl (Played in Atlanta)

Or you could say Auburn is last years VaTech....

1992 Alabama 13-0

1993 Auburn 11-0

2004 Auburn 13-0

2005 Alabama ???

Food for thought...

185957[/snapback]

Alright I was gonna wait on this but I have to now.

This year, Alabama is undefeated and if they can get passed the Viles (Tennessee) and LSU, there is an argument that they will be undefeated coming to the Plains on November 19th, and probably enter the game ranked in the top 2 or 3. Auburn on the other hand is 4-1 at the moment and could possibly loose to either LSU or Georgia. If they loose just one, Auburn would come into the Iron Bowl 8-2.

Sixteen years ago, the undefeated, ranked 2nd in the nation, Alabama Crimsion Tide entered Auburn for the first time. Auburn was 8-2 coming in and ranked 13th in the nation. Auburn came out and won the game 30-20 in the first game against Alabama in Jordan-Hare Stadium. The win made it 4-in-a-row over the Tide. If Auburn were to win this year....yup 4-in-a-row.

I'm not saying that we are gonna win.

Wait. Yes I am!

WDE

186263[/snapback]

I like what you say. I see many parallels to the 1986 and 1989 Teams too.

Thanks DKW, I see those same similarities. I was went back and watched the 89 Florida game the other day and Gary Danielson was talking about how Auburn was, "searching for an identity on offense." Made me think to the present day. We were breaking in quarterbacks with alot of promise, Reggie Slack in 89 and Jeff Burger in 86 and Brandon Cox now. In 86 we were looking for a real running back after one had left, in 86 it turned out to be Brent Fullwood for Bo Jackson then James Joseph in 89 and now apperantly David Irons and Brad Lester for Carnell and Ronnie. Also in 89, one of Bama's top players went down with an injury early in the season. That year it was the starting quarterback and Gary Hollinsworth stepped in and this year Tyrone Prothro goes down. Weird how everything kinda happens....

Archived