Bush's State of the Union

AWK

Great propaganda. Where'd this come from, al Qaeda? Al Jizerrah?

Woefully UNfunny. :thumbsdown:

its just a parady, you gotta laugh, If you cant laugh at yourself and others, than life's not worth living

When the United States is currently involved in a WAR, I do not think the President is a good target for humor. I would say the same if the President were a Democrat. (God Forbid.)

When the United States is currently involved in a WAR, I do not think the President is a good target for humor. I would say the same if the President were a Democrat. (God Forbid.)

187767[/snapback]

I agree, just thought it was humorous :(

187767[/snapback]

I agree, just thought it was humorous :(

187775[/snapback]

There is an element of humor there, in that what W says due to the editing is so outlandish and absurd. But did you listen to what the editted version says? It's crap like that which is promoted by Michael Moore, Howard Dean and the rest of the ultra far left radicals as they try to get folks to believe what W says in that 'comedy piece' is true.

187767[/snapback]

I haven't watched this thing so I have no opinion on it, but to say the President isn't a target for humor during times of war hardly jives with our history or principles. If he isn't a target for humor he is also hardly a target for criticism since much political humor is a form of criticism. Besides, the "war on terra" has no real end, does it? So humor is out indefinitely?

187767[/snapback]

I haven't watched this thing so I have no opinion on it, but to say the President isn't a target for humor during times of war hardly jives with our history or principles. If he isn't a target for humor he is also hardly a target for criticism since much political humor is a form of criticism. Besides, the "war on terra" has no real end, does it? So humor is out indefinitely?

187948[/snapback]

Ya might want to try watching it before commenting on it. I have little doubt that you'd agree w/ this version of W's SOTU address, and would only see the humor it it because it's so 'honest' . :rolleyes:

187767[/snapback]

187948[/snapback]

Ya might want to try watching it before commenting on it. I have little doubt that you'd agree w/ this version of W's SOTU address, and would only see the humor it it because it's so 'honest' . :rolleyes:

187963[/snapback]

You're the King of unintentional irony. Ya might want to try reading my comment before commenting on it. If you had, you would have noticed that I explicitly stated I wasn't commenting on the link, but rather on War Tim's post.

I haven't watched this thing so I have no opinion on it, but to say the President isn't a target for humor during times of war hardly jives with our history or principles

A logical inconsistancy is going on here. I'd be like if I were to say to somebody.." Hey, I'm not saying your sister is ugly, but..... "

Instead of living specifically in the realm of the hypothetical, why not just look at the damn vid and comment on that ? Sure would make things a whole lot simpler.

I haven't watched this thing so I have no opinion on it, but to say the President isn't a target for humor during times of war hardly jives with our history or principles

A logical inconsistancy is going on here. I'd be like if I were to say to somebody.." Hey, I'm not saying your sister is ugly, but..... "

Instead of living specifically in the realm of the hypothetical, why not just look at the damn vid and comment on that ? Sure would make things a whole lot simpler.

188364[/snapback]

I'm not sure you've ever taken a Logic course, but there is nothing inconsistent with my statement. And it really could not be simpler. I categorically disagree with this statement:

When the United States is currently involved in a WAR, I do not think the President is a good target for humor.

Period. Nothing on that video will change that view. I don't consider all humor in good taste, I don't consider all expression to be in good taste. But the idea that one can't target the President for humor is more totalitarian than freedom-loving. And aren't we at war because we're supposedly so freedom loving?

Hello People,

State of the Union defined:

http://www.c-span.org/guide/congress/glossary/stateun.htm

http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/State...e_Union_Address

In this definition, the word "agenda" stuck out the most for me.

I'm hoping more of you will not ignore me. I totally believe this country is not headed in the right direction. Our government is a fascist in it's infancy. The state of the union speech is not really what it is meant to be, but rather, a political tool for the party in power. With Neo-cons in charge, most of the favors go to big corporations, defense contractors, Halliburtion, oil companies and not to the people. Can anyone honestly answer the question as to why we allow illegal immigrant workers to obtain federal tax dollars as payment for working in NOLA, only to send those dollars out of this country? This seems fairly illegal in my eyes. :au:

War Eagle! Anyway.

Congressman Ron Paul for President 2008. No war for war-profiteers.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul87.html

. No war for war-profiteers.

There is no such thing. In war, someone ALWAYS profits. That does not mean that war is not, from time to time, justified. The plain fact is, when such events take place, there will always be someone who benefits. It has nothing to do w/ conspiracies or devious intent, it's just how the world works.

There is no such thing. In war, someone ALWAYS profits. That does not mean that war is not, from time to time, justified. The plain fact is, when such events take place, there will always be someone who benefits. It has nothing to do w/ conspiracies or devious intent, it's just how the world works.

191725[/snapback]

WE SHALL SEE! Lawyers see charges this week in CIA-leak case

I totally disagree, and I am not sheltered enough to believe that that you say...and, I believe that this country was lied into a illegal war.

http://www.tvnewslies.org/news

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/iln/osc

We shall find out the truth soon enough, and the warmongering Neocons can have visitation their rights. I hope ol' Dubya and Dick Cheney go to prison, too. They are crooked and everyone knows it.

191725[/snapback]

I totally disagree, and I am not sheltered enough to believe that that you say...and, I believe that this country was lied into a illegal war.

We shall find out the truth soon enough, and the warmongering Neocons can have visitation their rights. I hope ol' Dubya and Dick Cheney go to prison, too. They are crooked and everyone knows it.

191797[/snapback]

You might as well continue to argue that the world is flat. There is nothing to the case that Bush 'lied' our way into this war. NOTHING. End of discussion. You're being conned by the anti-American Left wing commies, who use gullible, useful idiots like yourself to promote their agenda. W and Cheney are patriots, and everyone knows it.

191725[/snapback]

191797[/snapback]

You might as well continue to argue that the world is flat. There is nothing to the case that Bush 'lied' our way into this war. NOTHING. End of discussion. You're being conned by the anti-American Left wing commies, who use gullible, useful idiots like yourself to promote their agenda. W and Cheney are patriots, and everyone knows it.

191800[/snapback]

LOL! We'll see, for sure we will see.

Congressman Ron Paul Admits Conspiracy to Create World Government

LOL! We'll see, for sure we will see.

Sounding just like the doom/gloomers who predicted the end of the world in regards to Y2K.

We'll see, there won't be anything that comes of it, but you'll still persist in your quixotic view that everything to the right of Joseph Stalin is pure capatilistic evil. :P

Archived