Some good props

vatz22au

Giving props to Cox and Irons Here

Then theres this guy on a topic about the new poll rankings:

Here

"I think also to compare Auburns 13-0 run with a potential Alabama 13-0 run is crazy.

#1 Auburn had a much weaker schedule, Citadel,LA Tech, and La Monroe along witht he fact Miss State lost to a 1-AA team, Ole Miss lost to Memphis, plus you guys faced Kentucky. Then the best team you beat lost to an average Notre Dame team, and in the bowl game you guys had to stave off a last minute rally to Va Tech who USC throttled early in the season. To compare OOC schedule Middle Tenn, could beat La Monroe, S Miss would kill La Tech, and Utah State would beat the citedal.

#2 Alabama has to win 6 more before we can even get into this topic, it hasnt happened yet. Auburn didn't deserve it last year, and until we go 12-0 we really shoulndt be complaining we are 5th cause we stunk it up the previous 2 years. Look at UCLA they finished 6-6 last year also and are behind Miami, so the media really dislikes UCLA, they are giving Bama some love and props. The problem is Bama has to wait for teams to fall, or we just hang around and enjoy what we can.

#3 The scenario would also be 4 BCS conferences going undefeated, as opposed to 3 and a mid major.

#4 in Auburns case, they had a returning national champ(USC) vs. a team that played for the title the year before (OU) or Auburn who couldnt score on the National champ the year before. This year you have a returning National Champ (USC) a BCS winner (texas) a BCS Loser (VA Tech) 2 SEC powers (Bama/UGA) and a Pac 10 power (UCLA) The real sad thing is why is Miami rated over UCLA. Thats a legit gripe, Miami lost to FSU who also lost. UCLA is 7-0.

Here is a neat scenario that is very possible and I think happens:

UCLA beats USC (UCLA almost beat them last year, Auburn fans said that many times last year)

Bama/UGA goes 11-0 and face in the SEC, Although I think if Shockey is out they limp into the SEC with a loss or so. Since I am biased I say Bama goes 11-0.

Texas, well the Big 12 is a joke, like the SEC last year and finishes

12 - 0

Virginia Tech loses to FSU/Miami or how ever their line up is

Texas is now #1

Bama could move to #2

and UCLA gets left out at #3 or #4 depends if Miami can gain in the polls.

I also want to point out Bama has only given up 1 touchdown in the past 3 games. Thats impressive, considering 2 of the 3 are top 25 teams"

I do want to add that the majority of posters over there are great people and you all should definitely check them out.

"I think also to compare Auburns 13-0 run with a potential Alabama 13-0 run is crazy.

I AGREE

#1 Auburn had a much weaker schedule, Citadel,LA Tech, and La Monroe along witht he fact Miss State lost to a 1-AA team, Ole Miss lost to Memphis, plus you guys faced Kentucky. Then the best team you beat lost to an average Notre Dame team, and in the bowl game you guys had to stave off a last minute rally to Va Tech who USC throttled early in the season. To compare OOC schedule Middle Tenn, could beat La Monroe, S Miss would kill La Tech, and Utah State would beat the citedal.

FIRST OF ALL, has bema's schedule been much tougher than ours to this point? i think not. the best team they have beaten is now .500. and they couldn't even score a touchdown on them. AT HOME. Va Tech almost beat USC the first game of the season so check your stats there. If you think beating middle tennesee, southern miss, and utah means you have played strong out of conference opponents you are dumber than most bammers.

#2 Alabama has to win 6 more before we can even get into this topic, it hasnt happened yet. Auburn didn't deserve it last year, and until we go 12-0 we really shoulndt be complaining we are 5th cause we stunk it up the previous 2 years. "Look at UCLA they finished 6-6 last year also and are behind Miami, so the media really dislikes UCLA, they are giving Bama some love and props." The problem is Bama has to wait for teams to fall, or we just hang around and enjoy what we can.

WHAT WAS BAMA'S RECORD LAST YEAR?

#3 The scenario would also be 4 BCS conferences going undefeated, as opposed to 3 and a mid major.

:blink: GOOD POINT :blink:

#4 in Auburns case, they had a returning national champ(USC) vs. a team that played for the title the year before (OU) or Auburn who couldnt score on the National champ the year before. This year you have a returning National Champ (USC) a BCS winner (texas) a BCS Loser (VA Tech) 2 SEC powers (Bama/UGA) and a Pac 10 power (UCLA) The real sad thing is why is Miami rated over UCLA. Thats a legit gripe, Miami lost to FSU who also lost. UCLA is 7-0.

UCLA beats USC (UCLA almost beat them last year, Auburn fans said that many times last year)

Bama/UGA goes 11-0 and face in the SEC, Although I think if Shockey is out they limp into the SEC with a loss or so. Since I am biased I say Bama goes 11-0.

12 - 0

Texas is now #1

Bama could move to #2

I also want to point out Bama has only given up 1 touchdown in the past 3 games. Thats impressive, considering 2 of the 3 are top 25 teams"

THEY HAVENT SCORED BUT 1 IN THEIR LAST 2 EITHER.

I do want to add that the majority of posters over there are great people and you all should definitely check them out.

192025[/snapback]

I would comapre this year's version of an undefeated Bama team to Auburn's 93 team. There are no similarities in this one and the 2004 squad. In 93', AU found ways to win ball games and even had to hold Vandy out of the end zone on a goal line stand to preserve a victory. The 2004 Auburn club had most games put away by half time.

I love how this guy is so certain about the matchups of our OOC teams to this years Bama OOC schedule. I believe mighty MTSU has lost to the likes of Akron, North Texas and cough, cough, Louisiana Lafayette. Oh, and La. Tech just crushed North Texas 48-14 Saturday. Point is, neither team has any ability to lift up their OOC schedules the past couple of years.

He talks about the conference and teams AU played last year being down. Yea, and Arky, South Carolina, Ole Miss and Florida are soooo much better than last year. Oh, and you think UT is better this year or last? Hmmmm.

Look, kudos to Bama and what they've done to this point. But there's no comparison whatsoever with the 2004 Auburn Tigers.

Bama this year...average..

Middle Tennesee -Didn't score til halftime

Southern Miss-Bama was on the ropes til the 4th.

South Carolina-Blowout

Arkansas-Squeaker

Florida-Blowout

Ole Miss-Squeaker

UT-Squeaker

They've only truly destroyed two teams this year. Only one team with any promise (UF).

Auburn last year...awesome...

ULM-Blowout by halftime

MSU-Blowout by halftime

LSU-Squeaker

Citadel-Blowout by halftime

UT-Blowout by halftime

La Tech-Blowout by halftime

Arkansas-Blowout by halftime

And to say the SEC is stronger this year is a joke.

2004->2005

AU-same

LSU-stronger

Bama-stronger

Vandy-stronger

UT-weaker

UGA-weaker (David Green is loads better than DJ Shockley).

UF-weaker

Arkansas-weaker

USC-weaker

Ole Miss-weaker

UK-same

MSU-same

So aside from a push from Vandy, you can't say ANY team improved in the offseason from last year outside of LSU and Bama. I'll say Auburn felt a minor dropoff, but still an excellent team.

This year, UT has no offense.

South Carolina-Blowout

Arkansas-Squeaker

Florida-Blowout

Ole Miss-Squeaker

UT-Squeaker

They've only truly destroyed two teams this year.  Only one team with any promise (UF).

ULM-Blowout by halftime

MSU-Blowout by halftime

LSU-Squeaker

UT-Blowout by halftime

2004->2005

AU-same

LSU-stronger 

Bama-stronger 

Vandy-stronger 

UT-weaker

UF-weaker 

Arkansas-weaker 

USC-weaker 

Ole Miss-weaker 

UK-same

MSU-same

So aside from a push from Vandy, you can't say ANY team improved in the offseason from last year outside of LSU and Bama.  I'll say Auburn felt a minor dropoff, but still an excellent team.

192074[/snapback]

AU the same this year as last year? Give me a break. You guys are good, but not as good as last year.

Here

"I also want to point out Bama has only given up 1 touchdown in the past 3 games. Thats impressive, considering 2 of the 3 are top 25 teams"

192025[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Of course, they've also only scored one touchdown in the last two games and that's not very impressive (certainly not for a #5 rating), considering it was against Ole Miss.

Tennessee might have the worst offense I've seen in a highly ranked team in ages--I wouldn't brag about holding them without a touchdown even if it were Auburn's defense doing it.

There's no cpmparison between 2004 Auburn and 2005 'Bama, other than having no losses at this point in the season. Forgetting the names of the teams each have played, look at the peformances on the field. Alabama has only two strong, dominating performances to show this year, and that against a below average South Carolina team and a way over-ranked and average UF team. At this point in the seaon last year, Auburn's only test was beating a deservedly highly ranked LSU team. Lastly, let's look at what the NFL draft does, that will close the door on anyone thinking this year's 'Bama team compares to Auburn 2004, they will not have 3 Top 9 draft picks, or 4 in the first round.

AU the same this year as last year? Give me a break. You guys are good, but not as good as last year.

192104[/snapback]

Okay, so I was being a bit of a :homer:

I just didn't see enough dropoff to say "Man, we're worse than last year." The record says we're not as good as last year. But still, we're pretty darn good. Since I was using the phrases Stronger and Weaker, and none of them seemed to apply, I had to choose Same.

Maybe we are "weaker" but it hurts too bad to say it. This is one SOLID Auburn team.

South Carolina-Blowout

Arkansas-Squeaker

Florida-Blowout

Ole Miss-Squeaker

UT-Squeaker

They've only truly destroyed two teams this year.  Only one team with any promise (UF).

ULM-Blowout by halftime

MSU-Blowout by halftime

LSU-Squeaker

UT-Blowout by halftime

2004->2005

AU-same

LSU-stronger 

Bama-stronger 

Vandy-stronger 

UT-weaker

UF-weaker 

Arkansas-weaker 

USC-weaker 

Ole Miss-weaker 

UK-same

MSU-same

So aside from a push from Vandy, you can't say ANY team improved in the offseason from last year outside of LSU and Bama.  I'll say Auburn felt a minor dropoff, but still an excellent team.

192074[/snapback]

192104[/snapback]

Well, the point is that the SEC is down compared to last year. If you want to take the position that Auburn is "worse" this year, then you confirmed the point.

I detect that bammie is sweating bullets right now because their offense went south with Prothro and we are still on their schedule.

192104[/snapback]

Okay, so I was being a bit of a :homer:

I just didn't see enough dropoff to say "Man, we're worse than last year." The record says we're not as good as last year. But still, we're pretty darn good. Since I was using the phrases Stronger and Weaker, and none of them seemed to apply, I had to choose Same.

Maybe we are "weaker" but it hurts too bad to say it. This is one SOLID Auburn team.

192132[/snapback]

Not going to argue about AU being good, they are very good. To be honest I dont think anyone this year is as good as AU was last year. I think you guys should have played USC and it would have made a very intresting match up. That running game you guys had would have thrown USC for a loop. But that was last year and I dont think anyone is as good as USC this year. Texas might squeak out a win, but no one else compaires.

Auburn BEAT four top ten teams last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU BEAT A SUBPAR Tenn., and a Florida team that SUX compared to the old days.

Bama is the WORST undefeated team in the nation right now!!!!!!

And get ready, cause the "L's" are about to hit you like a ton of bricks!

192231[/snapback]

And we all know the WORST undefeated team is.......UNDEFEATED. If we lose both the LSU and the AU game, we will finish the regular season with 2 losses. You guys have that many already. I'd say we've already had a great season compared to what many predicted, including myself.

7-0 RTR!!

192231[/snapback]

And we all know the WORST undefeated team is.......UNDEFEATED. If we lose both the LSU and the AU game, we will finish the regular season with 2 losses. You guys have that many already. I'd say we've already had a great season compared to what many predicted, including myself.

7-0 RTR!!

192234[/snapback]

he's right; undefeated is undefeated

but I think Bama does not match up well with us or LSU as far as strengths vs weaknesses-we will see

Giving props to Cox and Irons Here

Then theres this guy on a topic about the new poll rankings:

Here

#2 Alabama has to win 6 more before we can even get into this topic, it hasnt happened yet. Auburn didn't deserve it last year, and until we go 12-0 we really

shoulndt be complaining we are 5th cause we stunk it up the previous 2 years. Look at UCLA they finished 6-6 last year also and are behind Miami, so the media really dislikes UCLA, they are giving Bama some love and props. The problem is Bama has to wait for teams to fall, or we just hang around and enjoy what we can.

12 - 0

Texas is now #1

Bama could move to #2

192025[/snapback]

You need to check your stats a little bit better before you make a post like this. USC barely beat Va Tech last year on a terrible pass interference call that turned the game around. and we dominated the entire game. 2004 auburn was wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than this year's alabama team.

Dude, I want to point out that the Crimson Turds have only scored 1 touchdown in the past 2 games. That is not impressive considering one of those teams was Ole Miss!

Archived