Any Chance???

Tiger23

I was just wondering what some of yall thought the chances of Alabama beating LSU and us running the table were. I just don't think Alabama is good enough to beat LSU, I don't think they have the offense or the talent level. But I do feel like we will be able to run the table if we continue to play like we have been.

I :puke: hope :puke: Bama :puke: beats :puke: LSU !! That way when we do run the table we go to Atlanta. If Bama does beat LSU I will be suprised and joyous at the same time, but unless Bama can muster up some O over the next couple of weeks, Their D will be the only thing keeping them in it. They will have to play better than they did against UF!!

Bama's defense is good enough to keep that ball game close despite their recent offensive struggles.

192414[/snapback]

call it being a :homer: , but i agree... Number one pass defense in the SEC, second rushing defense in the SEC... that will keep us in the game regardless. However, those last two games we were struggling to find a playmaker to replace Prothro. I think, with his big catch at the end, that we may have found one in DJ Hall... two slow weeks with Utah State, and Miss State, and i think Brodie will be more comfortable with DJ's speed... If he had caught that pass in the 3rd?? quarter, the score would have been 10-0 going into the fourth. It just looked to me that Brodie threw it a lil past him, as if almost expecting him to be where Prothro would have been.

Anyways, that is all just speculation. Point is, i think with these two games coming up, Brodie will get more comfortable going to DJ Hall, of Keith Brown, or even Caddell or Knight, and this will lead to us being able to pull a big play if we need it.

I can't wait for this game.....I am willing to bet that GAMEDAY will be there for this one!!

LSU has still yet to put together a full game, AU was by far the closest they have come to doing it. I think with the 2 cupcakes coming up LSU should have everything clicking heading into BAMA..... should be very interesting!!!

LSU has still yet to put together a full game, AU was by far the closest they have come to doing it. I think with the 2 cupcakes coming up LSU should have everything clicking heading into BAMA..... should be very interesting!!!

192424[/snapback]

How did LSU not put together a full game against us? Not trying to troll here, but that one just left me curious.

If we run the table, that's good enough to me, whether we make it to the SECCG or not. If we DON'T make it, that means LSU beats bama, meaning we finish with the same record as alabama, and beat them. Sounds pretty good at this point.

192424[/snapback]

How did LSU not put together a full game against us? Not trying to troll here, but that one just left me curious.

192434[/snapback]

I knew that was coming..... LSU came very close to playing a full game, but still the offense wasn't clicking like I would like and the defense had many miscues. I should have made myself clear that when 2 great teams play each other its normally a sloppy type of game. So maybe LSU did play a full game, but just appeared not to because of the competition.

I just still don't think LSU has played up to their full potential yet this season......thats all i'm really saying. We haven't had a game where you can look back and be happy about everything. Yes we have been winning, but the play has been somewhat inconsistant at times and I'm just waiting for it all to come together!!! Perhaps it started Saturday???

Just for the record, Auburn has NOT played anywhere near a "complete" game either. B)

Just for the record, Auburn has NOT played anywhere near a "complete" game either. B)

192444[/snapback]

Well...i know it was Ball St...but we did score on every possession. <_<

:au::homer:

Right now I think it's pretty even between bama & LSU. The talent level obviously falls in favor of LSU but talent alone doesn't win games. bama doesn't have a lot of big name players on their team but they just get it done somehow. I think LSU can win this game if Russell plays well. I wasn't very impressed w/ him in our game. He underthrew the ball a lot (of course his WRs did drop a few that were right on the money). But he does have big play capability as he showed when he heaved that ball down the field on their game tieing drive.

If alabama doesnt fix their offensive woes.....LSU will win this game by the 3rd quarter. It might not even be a high scoring game, but Alabama has got to find a way into the endzone. One td since the loss of Prothro is inexcusable for the #5 team in the nation.

Archived