At the game Saturday,

BanditQb

Please encourage those around you not to boo JV. I am not saying you have to lead a :cheer: "2 4 6 8 who do we appreciate...", but try and keep the boos around you down a bit.

I would hate any recruits who are visiting to see the special teams run out to start warming up to a bunch of boos, and then hear boos during the starting lineup.

Just a thought.

Great thought.

Except it would be even better for the team, JV and AU if we would give him a cheer of encouragement.

It certainly would help JV's mindset, and it could be the difference in landing a prospect who is at the game. Maybe he doesn't want to go to one of the "Boo Schools"!

:au::cheer::au:

True :au: people don't boo :au: players. Morons, on the other hand, sometimes require refresher courses in tact.

I'm sure it would do this young man a world of good to hear a thunderous ovation when his name is called.

It would be a grand sight to see AU People "CHEER" for JV. He is an AUBURN TIGER, win or lose, as are they all. :au:

if i'm not mistaken i don't think they announce the kicker's name in the starting line-ups, just the offense and defense. we probably wont hear his name until about ten seconds into the game after aromashodu returns the opening kickoff for a touchdown and he comes on to kick the PAT.

Well whenever he comes on the field, I hope the place goes crazy for him. You wanna help get his confidence back quick, cheer your heart out for him and he'll be as good as new. Boo him, and we'll be going for it on 4th and 10 from the 20.

You folks talking about cheering for JV when his name is announced makes me think all the more about how great it is to be an Auburn Tiger. If you were JV wouldn't this make you feel like a billion dollars!

WAR EAGLE!!!

I will try to encourage some students around me to cheer for John Vaughn...but I highly expect alot of students to not show some class and boo him.

There is little telling what a college student, especially one that has consumed a few adult beverages, may say or do. I would be very dissapointed if any adult Tigers were to participate in any "booing". :au:

There is little telling what a college student, especially one that has consumed a few adult beverages, may say or do. I would be very dissapointed if any adult Tigers were to participate in any "booing". :au:

192709[/snapback]

As a student, don't give us/them any excuse as to way they should be able to boo a fellow AU student, much less one that is not only going to school but attempting to put much pleasure in the rest of our lives by being on a team that provides us such joy, and sometimes, dismay!

No one should be, and I'll do my best to tell those students around me not to do it. And, it's and 11:30 game...there normally aren't as many adult beverages consumed before such games; however, you never know!!! I myself will partake in a few mimosas beforehand!!!

Regardless, NO BOOING AND WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT THE REBELS!!!!

Great thread folks. It's well documented that the players, each and every one of them, took the time to speak to JV after the game. Guess what? I think this game is far more important to them than it is to us as fans. If they can lift the guy up, then so should we. I say we drown out any boo birds with louder cheers of our own.

War Vaughn and War Eagle!!!

I'll be at the game and should I hear anyone "BOO" any AU player, I'll offer them to get off of their fat :moon: and see if they can do any better!

The wife hates it when I do that!!

Better yet guys and gals, during Tiger Walk give him a pat on the back and tell him we are behind him 110% and we are confident he can kick 'em thru.

Well, I think we got what we wanted. The crowd seemed very encouraging for his first FG and he nailed it. I got a little misty.

Archived