Quote of the Day

Proud Tiger

Last year, a lot of bammers derided us for saying our 13-0 team was just as much dererving to be NCs as USC or Oklahoma. They laughed at any comments or polls suggesting that. Now a well known bammer says "if you go undefeated and you do what Auburn did last year, I don't know about them, but I'd argue until the day I died that we were the best team that played in 2005."

Sounds like someone realizing the same fate could happen to bama this year and now the spin begins.

Oh....guess who said it.

Brodie "Ringo" Croyle. I'm the same way though. As long as we have the current system, any legitimate D-1 school that goes undefeated and doesn't get a shot for the brass ring, SHOULD argue it to the high heavens. No matter how you try and "tweak" the system, the fact remains, USC will not play the same teams as Bama or UGA or Va. Tech. Texas will not play the same schedule as USC or any of the other schools mentioned. You simply cannot say one team is more deserving than another.

Settle it on the field!

"Ringo"? ...maybe. I prefer "Doogie"! :D:cheer:

Honestly, I was flip-flopping on the issue.

I know I made a post here stating that AU should declare themselves champs (I know I did) then again I also at times said, "Well, we did adopt the BCS as a whole...." type posts.

Now that I am in this position (or remotely in it that IF we did go undefeated)....I say "F IT"

If UGA won out, I would call myself the NC's anytime I could

Archived