Secondary shake-up

Draven

I have read a few articles from Gibbs about changing up the secondary. So I started thinking about why I haven't seen much of Tony Bell. I know he played a little last year, had punt block against :ut: if I remember correctly. I really don't remeber seeing him much this year I could be wrong. Did he just get beat out by Brock and Gandy or is he injured? Herring, Brock, Gandy and Bell are are all around 6'2 and 210' so size is not a huge thing I would think.

I really can't see anyone bumping Herring for his spot. He may not be the best in coverage, but, he is a hoss in run support. He leads the team in tackles. Also, experience counts. :au:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Bell missed a lot of spring practice and concentrated on academics. He was behind the others in the new scheme and never caught up, I surmise. He might have gotten up to speed and maybe we will see more of him. I like TB, he is from Shelby County and I call a lot of basketball games down that way.

I really can't see anyone bumping Herring for his spot. He may not be the best in coverage, but, he is a hoss in run support. He leads the team in tackles. Also, experience counts. :au:

193274[/snapback]

I dont think Tony is taking his spot, but I think replacing the strong safety?

Regardless, I like Herring alot...but you have to consider the tackle stat is a bit deceiving...He plays safety, so hes gonna be in on almost all tackles that involve passing or running around the corners.

But, hes a great player, and I hope he keeps up the good work.

193274[/snapback]

I dont think Tony is taking his spot, but I think replacing the strong safety?

Regardless, I like Herring alot...but you have to consider the tackle stat is a bit deceiving...He plays safety, so hes gonna be in on almost all tackles that involve passing or running around the corners.

But, hes a great player, and I hope he keeps up the good work.

193342[/snapback]

Replacing the strong safety is more what I was alluding to, I should have been clearer sorry. Our starting 2 at both FS and SS are around the same size, so mainly like Vatz was saying will he take over the SS spot? I think he could and after the struggles we had at that position last week why not give him a shot if he is up to speed that is.

Thanks TM I had no idea about the academic aspect of it I just knew I didn't see as much of him this season as last.

Archived