WHAT is in the water in Baton Rouge??

Jenny AU-92

Linky-Doo

Man, they even turn on their own... :blink:

NEW ORLEANS - The Saints say owner Tom Benson has not yet decided whether he will be at Sunday's game in Baton Rouge, and frustration caused him to send an e-mail to the NFL saying he would not attend any more games at LSU's Tiger Stadium this season or next.

Saints spokesman Greg Bensel said that Benson was upset by his treatment from fans after the Saints' 21-6 loss to Miami on Sunday in Baton Rouge.

Benson, who attended the game with his wife, Gayle, granddaughter and grandson, was involved in an altercation with a WWL-TV cameraman and a fan as the owner and his family left the stadium near the end of the game.

[snip]

In the e-mail, Benson called security at Tiger Stadium "inadequate to nonexistent" and claimed that he and his family members "could have all been severely injured or killed." What, did Benson need a port-a-potty? :lol:

"I will not return to Baton Rouge for any reason, including any games scheduled for the end of this season or a contemplated next season," Benson said in the e-mail. "No person, much less the owner of NFL team, should have either he, his family or his friends subjected to this form of danger, intimidation and abuse. I was advised not to go but wanted to support the league."

[snip]

LSU Police Chief Ricky Adams said his department had a regularly scheduled conference call with officials from the Saints and the NFL on Thursday.

"There were no complaints or displeasure at all expressed by the NFL or the Saints about the level of security for last week's game," Adams said.

"We're very practiced at stadium security. Sunday's game was standard," Adams said. Yeah, LSU STANDARD!  ISN"T THAT THE WHOLE PROBLEM????!!! :lol:

i don't believe benson when he says he could have been killed, he probably was threatened but i think he's blowing it out of proportion in order to gain some sympathy in his campaign to move the saints to san antonio. However, it is interesting that it happened at tiger stadium in baton rouge, the home of all those phantom bad fans who are just one in a million.

What Benson said did not happen. There is video footage of him actually instigating an attack on a camera man. His life was never in danger, he was sneaked out of the stadium and no harm would have come to him. As far as turning on our own, hasn't Benson already done that?

The best way to get back at Benson is to quit buying cars & trucks from him.

He does still own the car lots doesn't he?

Saints fans have been some of the most loyal in the NFL. From Archie to the "Ain't" days, Gulf Coast residents have supported the Saints. Moving them to San Antonio will not make them any better will it? Benson is a looser of an owner and he has over they years hired the first person off the bus to run the Saints organization into the ground. In spite of that, the residents of New Orleans and surrounding areas have filled up the dome to watch the losers. They have won a little more lately, but they will never win big as long as Benson is the owner.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the incident to which he is referring involve a fan coming up to him and yelling at him about being a jerk and trying to move the team out of NO, and didn't Benson push the camera away that was just taping the whole thing? If that was in fact the case he has no room to talk about anything, it's HIM that is starting all the problems because he's trying to screw the city of NO right now.

What Benson said did not happen. There is video footage of him actually instigating an attack on a camera man. His life was never in danger, he was sneaked out of the stadium and no harm would have come to him. As far as turning on our own, hasn't Benson already done that?

194885[/snapback]

If that is the case, were is the link to the video???? One of your geaux tigers wanted video evidence.....show us !!!

Guest Tigrinum Major

194885[/snapback]

If that is the case, were is the link to the video???? One of your geaux tigers wanted video evidence.....show us !!!

194916[/snapback]

Benson Video

If you read his letter, he also claims there was no security. Those guys looked a lot like security to me. Did he get yelled and cursed at? Yes. But Benson is a crappy owner who would love to move to San Antonio when the city of New Orleans has been nothing but loyal. His life was never in danger.

I wish Benson would have gotten put to the ground and kicked.

I hate him.

I really, really hate him.

If I was within a few feet of him, I would have lunged after him

Piece of <insert you know what> puts the worst team on the field for 40 years and gets sell-outs in return almost yearly......then wants to move the team because we won't make him even MORE of a millionaire?

And please....don't use the "Benson is just looking out for his business" excuse....that has long been disproven by many.

He wants more $$$$ in the wake of Katrina.

POS

Saints fans have filed into the superdome year after year, yes at times they were ashamed fans even came to games with paper bags on their heads. Still it doesn't matter they showed up in numbers, heck even this weekend 60,000 tickets were sold to the game in BR.

I am with the fans of the saints, if Benson gets his way and like an A$$hat moved the team to San Antonio I hope they get the same deal as the Browns.

Jenny, Regarding your title to this thread:

I'm assuming the question is merely rhetorical. How can water have anything to do with it? I thought the only two liquids in Baton Rouge were alcohol and urine! :big:

Benson is the filth on a worm's ass.

He has been trying to guage the states for money for years. In his latest attempt the state of Louisiana agreed to negotiate with him in good faith if he opened his books. He refused. There isn't a business person alive that will go into a business partnership without reviewing the books.

Despite putting a crappy product on the field year in and year out, the Saints are one of the NFL's most profitable teams. Top 10. Saints fans have got to be the most stubbornly loyal fans anywhere. I would love to see a comparison of NFL win/loss records with ticket and merchandise sales. I promise the Saints would be a top 5 team in relation to their number of wins per season.

The real issue is the money Benson would have to pay back Louisiana if he left. SOmething like $80 million dollars. He's trying to weasel out of it by saying the practice facility isn't inhabitable when in fact inspections have shown there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

His accusations about the game in TigerStadium are also BS. LSU asked him what he required in terms of security and he replied thathe provides his own.

As far as anyone getting attacked, Benson is the only one atacking anyone. The WWL cameraman.

Benson is a real piece of garbage. The NFL won't allow him to go to San Antonio and LA nor the NFL want the Saints or Benson in the LA market.

Jenny, Regarding your title to this thread:

I'm assuming the question is merely rhetorical. How can water have anything to do with it?  I thought the only two liquids in Baton Rouge were alcohol and urine!  :big:

195005[/snapback]

Actually I think Auburn and Jordan-Hare have the market cornered on urine.

http://www.theplainsman.com/vnews/display....9/3f84a8ab4e2f7

"I heard a female student ask a police officer, 'Well, where am I supposed to go to the bathroom if I can't get out?' and he said, 'Pee in your seat,'" Brad Brannon, a 2002 Auburn graduate at the game, said.

"A guy next to me peed in a cup and it wound up being spilled," he said.

Bruner, sitting in the south end zone, said he saw males and females urinating at their seats.

eeewwwwwwww.

Actually I think Auburn and Jordan-Hare have the market cornered on urine.

Nice burn.

that game was bullsh#t and the way the security handled that was terrible. But the problem could be diverted in the future. HEY AUBURN!!! ENLARGE THE STUDENT SECTION, IT IS THE ONLY ONE THAT IS CONSISTENTLY FULL ANYWAY!!!!! WE ARE THE LOUDEST AND MOST SPIRITED GROUP OF FANS IN THE STADIUM!!!!!!!!!!

ESPN reported that the Saints lose $500k per year. I'm not sure if that's from lack of ticket sales (which doesn't seem to be the case according to you guys), or from lack of TV sales or what. I don't have an interest in Saints football so I'm not concerned whether they move San Antonio or San Juan, I just think New Orleans has a ways to go before they can sustain a professional football team.

ESPN reported that the Saints lose $500k per year.  I'm not sure if that's from lack of ticket sales (which doesn't seem to be the case according to you guys), or from lack of TV sales or what.  I don't  have an interest in Saints football so I'm not concerned whether they move San Antonio or San Juan, I just think New Orleans has a ways to go before they can sustain a professional football team.

195139[/snapback]

That is complete crap.

Benson makes millions each year but the funny thing is....that he refuses to releases numerous documents dealing with the Saints expenses which would thus show his income each year...instead releasing on what he wants to somehow show he is losing money.

He is not losing money whatsoever.

He makes millions each year and with everything combined before Katrina, he in the Top 15 of NFL owners money-making wise.

Archived