THE DEMO-GOGUES

Tigermike

THE DEMO-GOGUES

"There is not anywhere in the three-year ministry of Jesus Christ, anything that remotely suggests—not one miracle, not one parable, not one utterance—that says you ought to cut children's health care or take money from the poorest people in our nation to give it to the wealthiest people in our nation." — John Kerry **No, but He didn't instruct us to rely on government, either. ++ But you said... "I can't take what is an article of faith for me and legislate it for someone who doesn't share that article of faith, whether they be agnostic, atheist, Jew, Protestant, whatever. I can't do that." — John Kerry, during the 2004 presidential campaign

We feel your pain: "We've become disconnected from where we grew up. The Republicans, because of our distance, they have convinced a lot of people we ain't one of them." — Joe Biden

We basically support the troops: "We have lost over 2,000 of our best and bravest. Over 15,000 have been seriously wounded. We are spending more than $6 billion a month, with no end in sight. And this Republican-led Senate Intelligence Committee refuses to even ask the hard questions about the misinformation and disinformation given to the American people, and the efforts made by the...administration to cover it up." — Dick Durbin, who earlier this year thought our soldiers were Nazis

Sometimes they get it right: "I never have felt that any abortion should be committed—I think each abortion is the result of a series of errors... I've never been convinced, if you let me inject my Christianity into it, that Jesus Christ would approve abortion." —Jimmy Carter ++ And then they mess it up: "[Democrats must] let the deeply religious people and the moderates on social issues like abortion feel that the Democratic party cares about them and understands them." — Jimmy Carter **We thought all Democrats were "moderates."

Wow, a democrat actually using his faith as foundation in giving his opinion. I never would have thought I was have seen that these days.

I love Kerry's comment about Jesus never saying it was okay to take away a child's healthcare. I had no idea there were so many doctors, hospitals, and health insurance providers back then.

Archived