Can someone clear up BCS potential for Auburn

jwise0022

If we finish in the top 10, but don't make it to the SEC championship, can we still get an at large bid to a bowl? I know Big East (West Virginia), ACC (Miami?), Big 12 (Texas), Big 10 (?), PAC 10 (USC), and SEC (LSU?) will probably make it. That leaves 2 spots, one will go to Notre Dame. Who gets the last spot? UGA won't if they lose to LSU, nobody deserves to go from any of the other conferences. The only other team besides a 2 loss Auburn team that I think deserves a shot is VA Tech. I don't totally understand the BCS mess, can someone clear it up. Maybe we could play in Orange Bowl agaisnt Notre Dame, that would be exciting. :cheer::au:

We wont play ND in Orange, we might could play them in Fiesta. Orange has to take ACC champ while Fiesta takes big 12 champ but that is texas so they could take ND and AU. I think AU needs Va Tech to lose, then we have a shot at Orange and Orange only, therefore, we need Fiesta to take ND, which they might since they get to pick before Orange.

To get an at large bid to a BCS game you have to be in the top 8 of the final BCS standings.

And that is just to qualify... then you have to be the lucky one they actually pick.

no chance in hell we get to the bcs this year, and even if we did qualify they wouldn't take us because we badmouth the system

no chance in hell we get to the bcs this year, and even if we did qualify they wouldn't take us because we badmouth the system

198017[/snapback]

Yea, but after last year the BCS 'owes' us one, that's for dang sure...

we were ranked 20th in the bcs last week and the computers didn't even have us in the top 25 while oklahoma was 21st. talk about complete BS. anyway i don't think we stand a chance at getting into a bcs bowl considering the ap poll doesn't factor in this year and the computers think we are not a top 25 team.

I really don't see AU getting the nod to go to a BCS bowl...you're forgetting the media really doesn't like us.

I noticed somewhere on espn.com last week, they had 2 people giving bowl picks, and one thought we'd be going to the Cotton Bowl. Since I live in Texas, I selfishly would love for this to happen. What are the odds we play there?

198017[/snapback]

this made me laugh...because it's true. <_<

don't forget about the ducks.  they will be in the mix as well.

198147[/snapback]

Hmmm...where's my gun??? :moon:

no chance in hell we get to the bcs this year

Arkansas could pull the upset. Unlikely ... but I wouldn't characterize it as "no chance". This is the SEC.

198032[/snapback]

let me re-phrase, i meant no chance we get an at large bid.

If VA Tech falls to UVA, and

Ohio St falls to Michigan, and

Oregon falls to Oregon St, and

Notre Dame falls to Stanford or Syracuse

Then I think Auburn is in.

If only 3 of those happens, it will be a close call.

Only way Auburn ends up in a BCS bowl is if Arkansas or Ole Miss pulls the upset, we beat Alabama, and USC or UGA in the SEC Championship.

Two at large bids for:

Oregon who has 1 loss to #1.

OSU who has 2 losses to #2 and #5.

Va Tech who has 1 loss to #3.

ND who s a media darling who the BCS selectors wish they could pick every year even if they were 6-5 due to the multiple bandwagon fans/ND haters who love to see them lose watching on TV.

If USC loses against UCLA or Texas loses against the Big 12 North Champ, that would be another at large taken up, leaving only 1 to the above 4.

Unless Arkansas or Ole Miss wins, we are out of the picture for BCS.

i think ND already has one spot sewn up...and there are too many other 1-loss teams w/ legitimate claims on the other spot...i don't think it's going to happen for us this year unless it's through our winning the SECCG.

war eagle anyway...it's shaping up to be a great year.

ct

Archived