Still impressed by Bama's defense

vatz22au

Our awesome field position in the first quarter gave us quite alot of points. I still have to note that Bama's defense was very good. Irons was barely able to run east-west on them...and they were very very quick. Anyone else have any comments on Bama's D?

it seems Auburn could score when they wanted, Auburn's ultra conservative

play calling in the second half helped their "D" look better.

I agree. The :ua: D is pretty good. KI and the O-line didn't have the success like they have the last couple of games, until late. It was a short field a majority of the 1st quarter, but the play calling by Borges was excellent in my opinion, but I'm still not happy with the way the games are managed when :au: has a big lead, I think they need to keep playing ball. It was the same way last year.

...play calling by Borges was excellent in my opinion, but I'm still not happy with the way the games are managed when  :au:   has a big lead,  I think they need to keep playing ball. It was the same way last year.

199780[/snapback]

Ditto that. That conservative game plan(2nd half) hurt us last year, and in years past. I wish we would have hung half a hundred on them...

While I will give bama's D it's due they are very talented, Irons just did make the 100 yard mark. I also will say a lot of the success was from a very conservative 2nd half of play calling. I would have loved to see another 28 points in the 2nd half but will take the win.

Archived