Question about AU's potential bowl

BamaGrad03

Who are the possibilities for AU to face in a bowl? Im curious to know who you guys think AU matches up BEST and WORST against in the potential bowl matchups.

In other words, who would you rather see? and who would you rather not see?

And dont be like "we want everybody we can beat em all"

be serious....

The CFN projection has AU playing Wisconsin...which I think AU would welcome because they would MURDER the badgers. At least by 2 tds.

I also think AU matches up well against Michigan.

I think Ohio St and Penn St could possibly give you guys fits.

AU would beat Miami IMO and could beat Oregon easily.

Your thoughts?

I would love to see them play Ohio State. I have not seen any projections but I would love to play an Old School power house like them or Michigan.

It is sad but I would rather not go to a BCS and play Ohio State or Michigan than go to a BCS and play West Virginia. We are playing them next year anyway.

Not that we have much of a shot to go to a BCS but you know what I mean...

I pretty much agree with BG...I think we'd match up pretty well against Wisconsin, as we did two years ago. Ohio State would be a tough ball game...very tough.

I think we will see Ohio St. or Wisconsin....Big Ten #2...I would much rather us play a Pac 10 #2 like Oregon...just to shut up the Weak 10 homers for a while. Ohio St would be the best matchup that I think the bowl folks will want. I don't think their D is nearly as fast as bama's, their LBs may be a little better. Their O is good. It would be a tough game.

Unless Ark. can upset LSU, I definitely think that we will be in The Capital One Bowl against OSU or Wisconsin if the Buckeyes make the BCS. I am anxios to see on Monday if we will be in the Top 10 in the BCS.

I seriously doubt Arkansas upsets LSU so it would appear that we might be headed to the Capital One Bowl. If Ohio State sneaks into the BCS at alarge than I imagine we play Wisconsin. I would rather play Michigan than Wisconsin but the Badgers have the better record. It would be great to play the Buckeyes though their QB would give us some matchup problems.

What if LSU loses the SECCG and finishes 10-2? Do they get the Capital Bowl, pushing us back to the Cotton or Peach?

Guest Tigrinum Major

IF LSU loses another game, I think they end up in the Cotton. I believe we have the Cap One sewn up unless Arky beats LSU. If that happens, the winner (Auburn or UGA) of the SECCG game goes to the Sugar and the loser goes to the Cap One, with LSU headed to Cotton. Bama heads to Tampa for the Outback, South Carolina to the Peach and Florida to the Music City. That sound about right?

If Arky doesn't upset LSU then we go to the capital one. I think Ohio State will get a BCS nod on the fact they travel well over Oregon. Wisconsin is the obvious one to replace OSU in the capital one bowl but with big ten #1&2 going to the BCS. I think it might just Auburn and the Ducks in Orlando. Michigan could fall in line with the Liberty bowl.

so is it even possible that we could play oregon in the capital one bowl?? someone please explain if this is possible if you don't mind as I thought usually this was SEC vs. Big10, but I know if they land 2 in the BCS that's where the scenario is coming from, but would wisconsin just hop in there instead of oregon....

If oregon can hop in there, even though I love how the SEC usually matches up with Big 10 teams, I would love to get ahold of a pac-10 team....and beat the crap out of them!!! War Eagle!!

so is it even possible that we could play oregon in the capital one bowl?? someone please explain if this is possible if you don't mind as I thought usually this was SEC vs. Big10, but I know if they land 2 in the BCS that's where the scenario is coming from, but would wisconsin just hop in there instead of oregon....

If oregon can hop in there, even though I love how the SEC usually matches up with Big 10 teams, I would love to get ahold of a pac-10 team....and beat the crap out of them!!! War Eagle!!

200190[/snapback]

I could be wrong and trust me, it does happen often. The way I understand it the other bowls work much like the BCS bowls. Since capital one bowl has a tie-in with SEC#2 and Big Ten #2 if the big ten#2 or sec#2 were to get an at large bid into the bcs, they get to choose a team from whoever is left to replace them. Which is why I think we could easily play Oregon in the cap one bowl.

Regardless I bought tickets to the Cap One online Sat 2-seconds after the game. If we don't go I see no issue in selling them but I have them.

Outback same deal but I have an inside track for tickets to that one so I will hold off.

If we go to Cotton I will not be able to attend so no need to even look.

AU OSU match up is what I am looking for...

It will be the first game for my youngest at game time she will be a little over 3 months. Her older sister beat her by two weeks... Gatech 2003..

Cap One will still pick Big 10 and SEC even if the#2s get BCS games. I am not sure about the pick at large..

Does anyone know how the SEC rankings are done for the bowl tie ins??

I would assume the SECCG winner being the BCS rep is not counted. So does that mean the SECCG loser is #1, the losers divisions second place is #2?? Anyone know for sure.

I don't think there are set rankings. It is my understanding that the bowls get to choose who they want, so if a "better" bowl wants a team with a worse record, they can take them. Below is the selection order according to secsports.com (after the BCS). This is a little odd, b/c I thought it was Outback and Cotton, then Peach, but according to this the three are together:

2nd Selection

Capital One Bowl (Orlando, Fla.)

Jan. 1, 1 p.m. ET, ABC-TV [Opponent - Big Ten]

3rd through 5th Selections (Listed Alphabetically)

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl (Atlanta, Ga.)

Dec. 31, 7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN [Opponent - ACC]

Outback Bowl (Tampa, Fla.)

Jan. 1, 11 a.m. ET, ESPN [Opponent - Big Ten]

SBC Cotton Bowl (Dallas, Texas)

Jan. 1, 11 a.m. ET, FOX [Opponent - Big 12]

6th and 7th Selections (Listed Alphabetically)

Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl presented by Bridgestone (Nashville, Tenn.)

Dec. 31, Noon ET, ESPN [Opponent - Big Ten]

Independence Bowl (Shreveport, La.)

Dec. 28, 6:30 p.m. ET, ESPN [Opponent - Big 12]

8th Selection

EV1.net Houston Bowl (Houston, Texas)

Dec. 29, 4:30 p.m. ET, ESPN [Opponent - Big 12]

Archived