You can't spell whine without

GalensGhost

SEC FAN, i asked you a question way back on page one, and you answered it. i just got back on here after a day of recovery (all-nighter writing a paper) so i wanted to answer the question you asked me.

i do agree that history will smile more favorably on the champion. but i think that only lends credit to my argument that you should be happy with the championship and still capable of admitting that a team is playing better presently because at the very least you can take solice in the fact that few will remember that other team.

i, like you, would rather win a title than be the better team that failed to pull it out, but that doesn't change the truth that you were playing the best ball at the end of the year.

we have different standards of best team. i'm calling the best team the one would would win at the close of the season. the best team in my eyes is the team that, when the records are comparable, is playing the best. that, in my eyes and others, is auburn. you say the best is the one who pulled it out with everything on the line. i like that team, and i love when that team is the one i'm pulling for... it's just a different definition. your view is historical; mine focuses on the present. that's all.

202098[/snapback]

I see where you're coming from. I have no problem saying that AU is playing better right now. However, saying they are a better team now is a completely different story and the only way to prove that would be to play them again and that's not going to happen until next year. LSU has been playing well enough to win and in some cases playing just well enough to win. (Playing to the level of their competition.) So, who's not to say that wouldn't happen if we played AU again. I do think it's fair to say that LSU, AU and Georgia are all very good teams, similar in talent and are pretty much even.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if I am wrong, hey it does happen every once and a while, doesn't lsWHO play UGA this week? :blink::lol::lol:

Archived