You can't spell whine without

GalensGhost

lsWHo won their game vs The Auburn Tigers. Nobody is claiming otherwise.

Congrats.(Although more than one national commentator has stated that AU is the BEST Team in the SEC right NOW! :D ) Maybe you would be better served to be thinking about uga instead of chest pumping on an Auburn board. :au:

201943[/snapback]

I'm surprised AU fans are giving credence of what national commentators are saying considering how many said USC was better last year. Last year they were wrong. This year they are the final word. :no:

201973[/snapback]

Who said anything about giving credence to national commnetators? AU people knew AU was playing the best football in the SEC long before Herbie-boy said anything. I don't have a problem with Herbie-boy making his commentary which happens to be in line with AU people's thinking. The author of that article, a Monseuier Carl Du-bwaa, does and started whining about it all cheese-eating surrender-monkey style.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who said anything about giving credence to national commnetators?  AU people knew AU was playing the best football in the SEC long before Herbie-boy said anything.  I don't have a problem with Herbie-boy making his commentary which happens to be in line with AU people's thinking.  The author of that article, a Monseuier Carl Du-bwaa, does and started whining about it all cheese-eating surrender-monkey style.

If saying "Although more than one national commentator has stated that AU is the BEST Team in the SEC right NOW!" to help your argument is not giving credence to commentators then I don't know what is. Would you say that if you didn't have faith in their opinion? I don't think so.

The problem is that too many of us,(fans of ALL teams) get caught up in the moment when one of these talking heads makes a comment about our own beloved team. Auburn fans hated Trev and hyped May a couple of years ago when they seemed to take opposite sides concerning Auburn. The next year, they completely flip-flopped and Trev was the man while May was the tool bag.

Last year, Twirp Dirkstreet, said each and every week, "IF Auburn beats so and so...THEN I'll believe." Each week, AU would byotch slap the next opponent and Burp would again say, "Well IF Auburn beats....." We all wanted to string up Turdstreet and now...THIS year, he has constantly shown us the love. (That we obviously deserve :big: )

CTT called them out for some of their shortcomings and then promptly went on that very network to defend his position. Just take these guys for what they are. They're hired to be analysts and stir up some controversy.

Who said anything about giving credence to national commnetators?  AU people knew AU was playing the best football in the SEC long before Herbie-boy said anything.  I don't have a problem with Herbie-boy making his commentary which happens to be in line with AU people's thinking.  The author of that article, a Monseuier Carl Du-bwaa, does and started whining about it all cheese-eating surrender-monkey style.

If saying "Although more than one national commentator has stated that AU is the BEST Team in the SEC right NOW!" to help your argument is not giving credence to commentators then I don't know what is. Would you say that if you didn't have faith in their opinion? I don't think so.

201980[/snapback]

Dude. You just can't let this go, can you? AU in their last two games beat two ranked football teams -- one in a very close game & the other in a dominating fashion against the #1 scoring defense in the country. LSU in their last two games beat two unranked teams -- one in a dominating fashion & the other in a very close game against a team that lost to Vandy & gave up 70 points against SC. If thick-headed Kirk Herbstreit can recognize the obvious re who's playing the best football in the SEC right now, how come you can't? Are you dumber than Kirk Herbstreit?

Can somebody explain to me why your WR's dropping passes and your kicker missing FG's makes you the better team? Forget the writer's statements about our miscues, those are part of the game and their our team's fault.

Take some ownership of your team's mistakes. YOUR WR's dropped balls they should've caught. YOUR kicker missed some FG's. Either get some players who will get the job done or deal with the fact that your team lost the game.

Blaming a game on the refs is one thing. Saying that your team is better because your own players didn't produce well enough defies logic. JMO.

201980[/snapback]

Dude. You just can't let this go, can you? AU in their last two games beat two ranked football teams -- one in a very close game & the other in a dominating fashion against the #1 scoring defense in the country. LSU in their last two games beat two unranked teams -- one in a dominating fashion & the other in a very close game against a team that lost to Vandy & gave up 70 points against SC. If thick-headed Kirk Herbstreit can recognize the obvious re who's playing the best football in the SEC right now, how come you can't? Are you dumber than Kirk Herbstreit?

201988[/snapback]

Your logic doesn't hold water when you look at the broader picture. Look at my examples in this thread indicating USC and Texas struggling at the end of the season. I guess they shouldn't play for the national championship because of that? Using your logic AU and a slew of other teams are better than USC and Texas. Do you believe that?

So after reading all this............. is the 03 Florida team then better than 03 LSU because they beat them head to head, and in Baton Rouge to boot?

And yes, I do believe that a team can improve over another team between week 6 and week 12. Been part of teams that have done that.

Far as drops, Auburns recievers have not been inconsistent with their catching this season. The LSU game for our receviers was a fluke. But if you look at say Alabama or Georgia, they have consistently had problems with catching the ball this season.

I still think its funny that LSU is all up in arms about the fact that someone believes that Auburn is better right now than LSU. Which very well could be true. We lost to Ga Tech in week one, but you will find alot of people that say here in week 13 Auburn is a better team. Just like week 13 LSU in 03 was probably a better team than week 13 Fla despite losing to them in week 5 or 4.

201980[/snapback]

201988[/snapback]

Your logic doesn't hold water when you look at the broader picture. Look at my examples in this thread indicating USC and Texas struggling at the end of the season. I guess they shouldn't play for the national championship because of that? Using your logic AU and a slew of other teams are better than USC and Texas. Do you believe that?

201991[/snapback]

Talking about logic, quite a few of you predicted LSU beating AU by multiple tds....even resorting to say," it wont even be a game."

Still, you dont see me parading up and down bickering like a dog in heat about it do you?

Again, chill out...the past couple of threads that had anything to do with the letters "L..S..U" have just shown how much y'all really care about Auburn's fan base and their opinions.

So after reading all this............. is the 03 Florida team then better than 03 LSU because they beat them head to head, and in Baton Rouge to boot?

202025[/snapback]

Uhhh, UF lost 5 games that year.

Bottom line, if Auburn was the better team they should've proved it over the whole season, not just the last two games. They lost 2 games, LSU only lost 1.

:lsu:   and  :au:   fans arguing again. Now that's more like it. I was getting concerned with the lovefest that seemed to happen after the LSU/Auburn game this year.  :argue:

202006[/snapback]

Yeah things are definitely getting back to normal. This thread got put on LSUTigerForum by a guy as an example of why he hates Auburn.

Glad to see the corndogs are recovering fro Katrina (jk). :big:

Can somebody explain to me why your WR's dropping passes and your kicker missing FG's makes you the better team? Forget the writer's statements about our miscues, those are part of the game and their our team's fault.

Take some ownership of your team's mistakes. YOUR WR's dropped balls they should've caught. YOUR kicker missed some FG's. Either get some players who will get the job done or deal with the fact that your team lost the game.

Blaming a game on the refs is one thing. Saying that your team is better because your own players didn't produce well enough defies logic. JMO.

201990[/snapback]

Hey Geauxscott or LSUGradIn99....who let these 3-percenters in? :big:

202025[/snapback]

Uhhh, UF lost 5 games that year.

Bottom line, if Auburn was the better team they should've proved it over the whole season, not just the last two games. They lost 2 games, LSU only lost 1.

202034[/snapback]

Who are you arguing with. Did someone here disagree? This all got started by an article in the BR Advocate quoting some ESPN guy(s). Why don't you e-mail them and let it go here?

LSU better hope Les Miles doesn't get the lucky horseshoe removed from his backside before the SECCG. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Okay... for all of you LSwho fans:

Does anyone on this board not know that LSU beat AU this year? Yes, I know. I wouldn't have believed it either if I hadn't seen it.

:hail::lsu::hail::clap: :bighug:

Hope that makes you guys feel better.

You guys won but are still Auburn's byotch! :byebye::big:

And yes, I do believe that a team can improve over another team between week 6 and week 12.  Been part of teams that have done that.

I still think its funny that LSU is all up in arms about the fact that someone believes that Auburn is better right now than LSU.  Which very well could be true.

202025[/snapback]

No, the 03 Florida team was not better than the 03 LSU team because LSU won the SEC Championship and Florida did not. LSU had a much better season from start to finish.

And yes, a team can improve from week 6 to week 12 but the improvement, or lack of it, is just an opinion. (It's subjective.) That's why I say a championship is the only objective way of indicating who is the best team.

I'm not up in arms about someone saying AU is better than LSU because there's no concrete evidence of that. That's just someone's opinion in which they have a right to voice. I'm actually having fun debating. (Notice I said debating and not arguing!) :)

Guys...Everyone....just calm down

We will just have to win the SEC and end the debate this weekend

:P

202031[/snapback]

Slink, I'm worried because your predictions are always wrong! :poke:

Talking about logic, quite a few of you predicted LSU beating AU by multiple tds....even resorting to say," it wont even be a game."

Still, you dont see me parading up and down bickering like a dog in heat about it do you?

Again, chill out...the past couple of threads that had anything to do with the letters "L..S..U" have just shown how much y'all really care about Auburn's fan base and their opinions.

Not me! I knew the AU game would be a close one and afterwards I felt very fortunate we came away with the W! I have way to much respect for AU to think we would win by multiple tds.

I do care about AU fans opinions. Otherwise I would not be posting on this board.

Not me! I knew the AU game would be a close one and afterwards I felt very fortunate we came away with the W! I have way to much respect for AU to think we would win by multiple tds.

I do care about AU fans opinions. Otherwise I would not be posting on this board.

202060[/snapback]

Dammit. We're back to the lovefest again. :poke:

How many games Florida lost doesn't matter, you guys said it matters on the field, and that is where Florida won its game....... on the field.

The argument isn't was Auburn a better team than LSU in week 1, or 2, or 3, its is Auburn a better team than LSU at this moment here in week 13.

Week 4 or whenever Florida was a better team, proved it on the field in 03. Doesn't matter that they lost 5 games. Now 7 weeks later LSU was definitly a better team than UF.

You can't change to rules from well its on the field, to its the overall season, cause that is not what the argument is. Its is Auburn playing the best football and the most complete team in the SEC right now at this moment. SEC records are the same, both of us 7-1.

The reason I bring up the 03 UF game (who had 7... 10 win teams on that schedule btw) is because despite losing that game, LSU was the better team at week 13 of the season.

Does the conference championship game really mean your playing better football than another team at that moment? If your going to give so much weight to making the championship game, then do you need to take away from the 03 LSU team, or 00 Miami team, because they didn't play champions in their championship games. While their counterparts did. No I'm not challenging LSU's NC, but its a demonstration of how championship games are not all they are cracked up to be.

02 USC with Carson Palmer lost two games in their first 4, but did anyone really want to tangle with them when Bowl Season came around, Iowa tried and got ripped and people were arguing that Iowa should been in the NC.

You guys won the head to head, and that got you to the SECG, congrats and best of luck in it.

Slink, I'm worried because your predictions are always wrong! :poke:

202056[/snapback]

Balony. I have been right a lot more then wrong this year.

202079[/snapback]

Then that's good news! I hope your trend continues. I think it's going to be another nail biter. I'm worried that we won't be able to get our running game going. Our OL hasn't been opening up the holes. I think it's going to come down to which teams makes the most big plays and which teams make the FG's

SEC FAN, i asked you a question way back on page one, and you answered it. i just got back on here after a day of recovery (all-nighter writing a paper) so i wanted to answer the question you asked me.

i do agree that history will smile more favorably on the champion. but i think that only lends credit to my argument that you should be happy with the championship and still capable of admitting that a team is playing better presently because at the very least you can take solice in the fact that few will remember that other team.

i, like you, would rather win a title than be the better team that failed to pull it out, but that doesn't change the truth that you were playing the best ball at the end of the year.

we have different standards of best team. i'm calling the best team the one would would win at the close of the season. the best team in my eyes is the team that, when the records are comparable, is playing the best. that, in my eyes and others, is auburn. you say the best is the one who pulled it out with everything on the line. i like that team, and i love when that team is the one i'm pulling for... it's just a different definition. your view is historical; mine focuses on the present. that's all.

Archived