You can't spell whine without

GalensGhost

It's not just the fans

Can you believe this? They even have "journalists" whining about LSU's win over Auburn.

I will admit that there is some small sense of satisfaction that the bengals aren't even able to enjoy their "success" under the "genius" Less Miles because they're busy looking over their shoulders.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Say what you want, It's true and you know it.

201856[/snapback]

Its only the attitude that alot of y'all represent that makes alot of us reject any of the comments y'all try to throw at us.

201856[/snapback]

You're right. It's true. And I definitely know it. LSU and its fans and "journalists" are whining more over a win than they ever have over a loss. The only people in the world who don't agree with what the ESPN analysts articulated are those wearing purple and gold. LSU is probably the third-best team in the SEC.

But because they managed to win the games, they get the shot to play for the SEC title. Congratulations to LSU. Nobody is begruding the bengals that or claiming they didn't deserve it. Only that at this point in the season they are hardly the best team to represent the SEC-W. Thank goodness the SEC isn't decided by a poll.

I bet you would be hard pressed to find any LSU fan that would have said in December of 03 that Florida was still a better team than they were, at that moment, despite the score on the field. (Actually I remember the LSU comments, we have matured, bonded, grown, gelled, improved, a much different team, better, it was a fluke etc).

I think its funny as hell cause they should be happy and enjoying themselves and all they can do is whine about Auburn.

201856[/snapback]

You're right. It's true. And I definitely know it. LSU and its fans and "journalists" are whining more over a win than they ever have over a loss. The only people in the world who don't agree with what the ESPN analysts articulated are those wearing purple and gold. LSU is probably the third-best team in the SEC.

But because they managed to win the games, they get the shot to play for the SEC title. Congratulations to LSU. Nobody is begruding the bengals that or claiming they didn't deserve it. Only that at this point in the season they are hardly the best team to represent the SEC-W. Thank goodness the SEC isn't decided by a poll.

201858[/snapback]

If that's your way of congratulating us then we don't want it. You are coming across as being bitter. Yes we did manage to win the games. That's all that matters. We won the games silly. UGA did the same. You can't go by how well teams are playing from week to week. One week ago LSU completely dominated an inferior Ole Miss 40 to 7. (AU, less than a month ago only beat them 27 to 3.) This week we struggled against an inferior Arkansas game. Last week everyone was saying we looked strong. This week we are only 3rd best. Back in 2003 according to the "analyst" and just about everyone else Oklahoma was possibly the best team in college football history until they got their asses kicked by Kansas State 35-7. You can't go by scores of individual games. USC struggled against Fresno State last week. Fresno State lost to Nevada this week! I guess USC is no good now. Texas struggled against Texas A&M so I guess Texas is no good. The football season is called a season because what counts is the entire season. Not only how you're playing today or last week. It's how you played the entire season. Maybe AU is playing better this week but that doesn't mean they would be playing better next week if they had a game. The very best teams have good games and bad games. However, the very best teams always have good seasons and win championships. The winner of the SEC Championship will be classified as the very best team in the SEC for 2005. PERIOD! As of right now there's no championship rewarded for a team that is playing the best today because that would be determined by opinions of analyst and people and we all know what they say about opinions.

201856[/snapback]

201858[/snapback]

If that's your way of congratulating us then we don't want it. You are coming across as being bitter. Yes we did manage to win the games. That's all that matters. We won the games silly. UGA did the same. You can't go by how well teams are playing from week to week. One week ago LSU completely dominated an inferior Ole Miss 40 to 7. (AU, less than a month ago only beat them 27 to 3.) This week we struggled against an inferior Arkansas game. Last week everyone was saying we looked strong. This week we are only 3rd best. Back in 2003 according to the "analyst" and just about everyone else Oklahoma was possibly the best team in college football history until they got their asses kicked by Kansas State 35-7. You can't go by scores of individual games. USC struggled against Fresno State last week. Fresno State lost to Nevada this week! I guess USC is no good now. Texas struggled against Texas A&M so I guess Texas is no good. The football season is called a season because what counts is the entire season. Not only how you're playing today or last week. It's how you played the entire season. Maybe AU is playing better this week but that doesn't mean they would be playing better next week if they had a game. The very best teams have good games and bad games. However, the very best teams always have good seasons and win championships. The winner of the SEC Championship will be classified as the very best team in the SEC for 2005. PERIOD! As of right now there's no championship rewarded for a team that is playing the best today because that would be determined by opinions of analyst and people and we all know what they say about opinions.

201864[/snapback]

LSU won. No one of sound mind disputes that. Maybe I'm out of the loop, and if so, my bad. But I don't hear Auburn people bitching about "if this, and if that." So why don't you LSU guys just enjoy your wins and quit cragging about the Auburn game? If anything, bitch about choking vs UT. Had you all not done that, you'd be the team that got left out anyway because USC and Texas were the media's boys. As it is, you're Number 3. Not too bad, but you're gonna be left out, and deservedly so, 'cause you lost a game

Just enjoy the wins. Enjoy the great (if not perfect) season. Enjoy beating Auburn this year. And please enjoy beating Alastinkingbama. But, for the love of God, quit whining to us. We're not your support group.

Now, beat the Dawgs and win your bowl game. There's always next year. I sincerely look forward to it.

War Damn Eagle and, what the Hell ... Geaux Tigers. No hard feelings at all. Just, please, quit whining.

we had 10-11 dropped passes that night most on third down-they were drive killers-if we catch half of those we smoke you including your two dropped TDs

i see no mention of that in that article-i wonder why

i just want to pose one question to sec fan or any other lsu fan here then i'm done with this. look back at the 2002 season. lsu lost a flukey game to arkansas on an all-but-hail mary play by matt jones. auburn lost a perhaps flukier game against uga where a db tripped in the endzone on 4th and 15 to give up the game winner. arkansas by virtue of finishing 5-3 in conference and owning the tiebreakers (they killed auburn early in the year) went to atlanta.

that same year, uga finished the regular season 11-1 if i'm not mistaken. maybe just 10-1. their only loss was to florida.

auburn went on to beat the last solid team from penn state until this year (one that included three all-americans). uga wiped the floor with florida state. arkansas (who i should add lost to kentucky earlier in the year) went on to get worked over against minnesota in the music city. lsu fizzled out losing against texas (and 4 of their last 6 games).

so, my question is this: if arkansas had somehow won that title game, would you honestly call them, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the best team in the sec? or would you just say they're the sec champs but not necessarily the best team in the conference?

i'd do the latter. b/c i know how auburn was playing at the end of the year, and i know how uga was playing at the end of the year. how bout you?

What are y'all arguing about anymore? Did you expect to come over here and receive red carpet treatment? If you did, go back to where you came from.

It's funny to read that after the LSU Tigers beat Arky by 2 and once again can thank the Field Goal Gods for another victory. To let this Arkansas team put you to the test is kinda funny. They did, however, lead at the half v/s our boys. Of course, the second half was blow out city.

LSU done what it had to do. It won three games that could have went either way, and CHOKED v/s the next to last team in the SEC East.

The fact that Auburn is playing better than the LSWhoo Tigers right now has nothing to do with 5 missed field goals last month. Auburn has played very, very well lately, while LSU has not.

NOTE TO LSU: When has a game with 4 wins at this point in the season, at HOME, been more of a struggle??????

That's why the folks at MEDIA NATION have been making the comments. Take care of UGA in their back yard on Sat., and the page can be turned. Lose, and let it roll. :au:

What are y'all arguing about anymore? Did you expect to come over here and receive red carpet treatment? If you did, go back to where you came from.

Your right, some of your fans are very ignorant. The fact of the matter is we beat you guys head on. It's just funny too see how the media spins everything. Texas looks Terrible against Texas aTm, USC looks horrible against Fresno. LSU had a let down game against Arky, but LSU sucks now. You guys beat Ole Piss 27-3, we beat them 40-7. Does that mean we are better than you guys if you want to use that logic, of course not. I just don't see how after we beat you guys head on, you can call yourselves the best team in SEC. You can't use that stupid FG arguement anymore because we both missed opportunities. I would be fair and say both teams are evenly matched, but for you guys to think you are head and shoulders above the rest is just ridiculous. As far as the whining goes, you would do the same thing too if you thought your school was getting the jar, it's just easy for you guys to sit there and call LSU fans whininers when your team is being declared the best in the SEC right now. It kind of negates everything LSU has accomplished this year in my opinion. Yes we are in the SEC championship, but I want people to believe we deserve to be there that is all.

Yes we are in the SEC championship, but I want people to believe we deserve to be there that is all.

201893[/snapback]

I want people to believe I am Bill Gates rich. Doesn't make me Bill.

I want people to believe I deserve a new set of golf clubs. I don't.

I want people to believe Bear Bryant never existed. But there's that photographic evidence.

I want people to recognize the TRUE number of Alabama national championships (hint: it isn't 12, it's much less). But they stick with 12.

I want people to recognize the TRUE number of Auburn football national championships (hint: It's a lot more than one). But we stick with one.

I want to believe my ham sandwich is a thick, juicy steak. Crap. I took a bite. Ham.

Get the point?

Your right, some of your fans are very ignorant. The fact of the matter is we beat you guys head on. It's just funny too see how the media spins everything. Texas looks Terrible against Texas aTm, USC looks horrible against Fresno. LSU had a let down game against Arky, but LSU sucks now. You guys beat Ole Piss 27-3, we beat them 40-7. Does that mean we are better than you guys if you want to use that logic, of course not. I just don't see how after we beat you guys head on, you can call yourselves the best team in SEC. You can't use that stupid FG arguement anymore because we both missed opportunities. I would be fair and say both teams are evenly matched, but for you guys to think you are head and shoulders above the rest is just ridiculous. As far as the whining goes, you would do the same thing too if you thought your school was getting the jar, it's just easy for you guys to sit there and call LSU fans whininers when your team is being declared the best in the SEC right now. It kind of negates everything LSU has accomplished this year in my opinion. Yes we are in the SEC championship, but I want people to believe we deserve to be there that is all.

201893[/snapback]

Cody -- Ole Piss isn't worth a crap and you know it. CTT almost goes out of his way not to run up scores against inferior opponents. If you want to compare games against a common opponent, then how about the uat game? Both the LSU-uat & the AU-uat games were played at the end of the season with LSU playing them one week before AU did. Suffice to say, all teams had gelled as much as they were going to this season. Look at the results: LSU won in overtime, AU won with 4 minutes left in the 1st quarter. Face facts: AU is playing the best football in the SEC right now. LSU's "performance" against UA last week precludes anyone except idiots from saying LSU is playing the best football in the SEC right now. That's all Kirk Herbstreit has said and that's all anyone else has said. You won the head-to-head match-up this year and you're going to Atlanta. Congrats. Now, go on out & try to beat that UGA team which we've already beaten. :lol:

201893[/snapback]

Cody -- Ole Piss isn't worth a crap and you know it. CTT almost goes out of his way not to run up scores against inferior opponents. If you want to compare games against a common opponent, then how about the uat game? Both the LSU-uat & the AU-uat games were played at the end of the season with LSU playing them one week before AU did. Suffice to say, all teams had gelled as much as they were going to this season. Look at the results: LSU won in overtime, AU won with 4 minutes left in the 1st quarter. Face facts: AU is playing the best football in the SEC right now. LSU's "performance" against UA last week precludes anyone except idiots from saying LSU is playing the best football in the SEC right now. That's all Kirk Herbstreit has said and that's all anyone else has said. You won the head-to-head match-up this year and you're going to Atlanta. Congrats. Now, go on out & try to beat that UGA team which we've already beaten. :lol:

201900[/snapback]

Comparing games against common opponents is meaningless and a waste of time. Is Nevada better than USC since they played Fresno State better? You saying AU is playing the best in the SEC right now is an opinion. Not a fact. LSU beat AU head to head. That's a fact.

201893[/snapback]

*Sigh....there you go again man! :huh:

i just want to pose one question to sec fan or any other lsu fan here then i'm done

so, my question is this: if arkansas had somehow won that title game, would you honestly call them, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the best team in the sec? or would you just say they're the sec champs but not necessarily the best team in the conference?

i'd do the latter. b/c i know how auburn was playing at the end of the year, and i know how uga was playing at the end of the year. how bout you?

201872[/snapback]

If Arkansas would have won the title game then yes I would have said they were the best in the SEC. Here's why. They would have won the game when everything was on the line. LSU won the game against AU when everything was on the line. When it counted the most. That's what makes a team the best. Winning when playing for all the marbles. And it doesn't matter how ugly their wins are. A win is a win.

I would much rather win a Championship then be declared the best by analyst and not win a championship. In the not so distant future no one is going to remember how well your team was playing but the Championship will be recorded and long remembered. Don't you agree?

lsWHo won their game vs The Auburn Tigers. Nobody is claiming otherwise.

Congrats.(Although more than one national commentator has stated that AU is the BEST Team in the SEC right NOW! :D ) Maybe you would be better served to be thinking about uga instead of chest pumping on an Auburn board. :au:

This is a message board right, open to anyone who wishes to talk football, I can chest pump all I want, nobody asked you to read any of my post.

201944[/snapback]

And no one invited all this bickering on the board either. Just chill out with it.

Yea, well tell that to the guy who started this thread, nice title!

201947[/snapback]

I've seen worse. Its an Auburn message board. Your probably going to find alot of stuff you dont like....just state your opinion and move on. The constant bickering is just causing alot of your replies to not be read or taken seriously.

Not speaking for the Ghost here, but I took it as him having a problem with an LSU journalist who got his panties in a bunch and took time out of his life to write this article. An ESPN talking head stated he thinks Auburn is playing the best football of any team in the SEC right now. He then had the audacity to make reference to what might have been had 5 field goals not been doinked against LSU.

Big freakin' deal. No need to waste time writing an article trying to justify your win over Auburn. You won. Congratulations.

lsWHo won their game vs The Auburn Tigers. Nobody is claiming otherwise.

Congrats.(Although more than one national commentator has stated that AU is the BEST Team in the SEC right NOW! :D ) Maybe you would be better served to be thinking about uga instead of chest pumping on an Auburn board. :au:

201943[/snapback]

I'm surprised AU fans are giving credence of what national commentators are saying considering how many said USC was better last year. Last year they were wrong. This year they are the final word. :no:

Archived