Benjamin Tate

Tigermike

"After the game, I knew I was definitely going to Auburn. Nothing can change my mind," said Tate. "I am not interested in any other schools. I'm not going to take my visit to Penn State. No more visits. I'm not going anywhere.

"I'm going to Auburn and I will be there for the spring semester."

"I wanted to go down there, chill out and watch the game. I had a great time," he said. "I tailgated for a long time and saw the fans out there, tailgating with some of them. I wasn't on a time schedule. I kind of got to do my own thing, sit out there with the fans and sign a couple of autographs. That was fun."

Tate was joined on the trip by his father Ben Tate, Sr., several family members and a teammate.

"Everybody loved it. They said they couldn't wait to come back to watch me play," he said. "Everybody who comes down there with me loves it."

Soon after his prep career is over, Tate plans to immediately begin his college one. He will graduate Dec. 16 from high school and enroll at Auburn in January.

"Everything is in the works now. I will be enrolled in the spring," he said. "I'm definitely looking forward to getting to Auburn. I want to be ready to go when spring practice starts.

"And I'm not planning on redshirting. I plan on playing next year. It's the whole point of coming early."

Wow. Great news. I hope he doesn't get disappointed if he does get redshirted! Everything I have heard about him is great and he seems to have his head on straight.

Yes, we have Kenny for one more year, and we have Brad Lester and Carl Stewart, BUT at the end of the year Kenny was the ONLY one who was healthy enough to play!!! RB is one of the positions that a true freshman can be effective in...... remember Carnell did not redshirt and he turned out pretty well.

Good point and i dont think Kenny can handle 30 carries weekend and week out all season long. Lester and Stewart will start the years as the 2nd and 3rd string prolly but if anyone goes down or Tate steps up he could be getting playing time in the core of the season. He really sounds like the real deal!!!

War Eagle :cheer::cheer:

Keep hearing these rumors that Kenny Iron has academic issues and may not be eligible next year. Anything to this?

Can't wait for Tate to get here. He's is the real deal in HS and should excel at AU.

Anybody know how Tate did this year?

202141[/snapback]

The 171 yards gives Tate 5,642 yards in his career. He is now only 149 yards shy of becoming the state of Maryland's all-time leading rusher. The record is currently held by Marcus Mason of Georgetown Prep School who had 5,790 yards rushing in 1999-2002.

Keep hearing these rumors that Kenny Iron has academic issues and may not be eligible next year. Anything to this?

Can't wait for Tate to get here. He's is the real deal in HS and should excel at AU.

202038[/snapback]

Brian Matthews said on Finebaum last week that there is no validity to the rumors about Irons' academic eligibility.

Anybody know how Tate did this year?

202141[/snapback]

The 171 yards gives Tate 5,642 yards in his career. He is now only 149 yards shy of becoming the state of Maryland's all-time leading rusher. The record is currently held by Marcus Mason of Georgetown Prep School who had 5,790 yards rushing in 1999-2002.

202257[/snapback]

Marcus who? :huh:

Anybody got any video of Tate??? Really want to see some highlights!!!! I'll ask Tommy about KI when I see him at church.

Anybody got any video of Tate???  Really want to see some highlights!!!!  I'll ask Tommy about KI when I see him at church.

204316[/snapback]

There is some on www.autigers.com, but you've got to join insiders. They band subscribers providing premium content for free; however, you can sign up for a 7 day free trial.

The following was compiled from several sources.

Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville and RB/recruiting coach Eddie Gran were in the stands watching as Benjamin Tate became the state of Maryland's all-time leader in total offensive yards with 6,123. He was already the leader for most rushing yards in a season (2,879 in 2004), and also holds the highest average of rushing yards per game in a season, achieving that with a 221.4-yard average per game as a junior.

"That was great, them being there when I broke the record," he said.

Benjamin plans to immediately turn to preparing for his college career on the Plains. He is scheduled to graduate this weekend and move to Auburn the first week in January. He is already enrolled to attend Auburn for the spring semester.

"I'm going to get in the weight room and try to get my body as good as I can get it," said Tate. "Once I get down to Auburn, I want to get ready to take on the bigger challenge."

Wasn't it Tate who I saw was listed as a 'soft' verbal not too long ago? By the looks of things, he's all set to show up on the Plains ASAP.

Archived