Mazzone Fired at Ole Miss

DKW 86

Link

Ole Miss fires offensive coordinator after first season

By JOEDY McCREARY

AP Sports Writer

OXFORD, Miss. (AP) -- Mississippi fired offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone, a former coordinator at North Carolina State, on Monday after the Rebels finished coach Ed Orgeron's first season with one of the nation's worst offenses.

Ole Miss ranked 111th of 117 Division I-A schools with 281.7 total yards per game, averaged an SEC-worst 13.5 points and 73 yards rushing, and ran for a combined 48 yards in ending a 3-8 season with consecutive losses to Arkansas, LSU and Mississippi State.

I don't know how true it is, but everything I hear is that Orgeron made him try to implement the USC offensive schemes rather than let him do his thing.

202178[/snapback]

And with out the USC players. :blink:

Poor Noel. He gets paid half a million dollars to do NOTHING for the next two years. <_<

Coach O is already having to fire coaches to keep his seat less than hot...ouch that isn't a good sign after your first year as head coach.

Geez, he's been to Oregon State, NC State, Ole Miss and now...maybe...someplace new, since he left the Plains.

Take heart Noel. Gene Stallings sucked as bad as you for about 15 years and then one day ...with a losing record as a coach...ole' Gene was signed by a major program, had some of the best JUCO talent in the country land in his lap (Curry & Copeland...courtesy of Bill Curry), played the Heisman winner on the worst day of Teretta's career, and wham...Nat'l Championship. Be like Gene and ignore them when they tell you to go into selling insurance. If you suck long enough, but stick around, sometimes good things happen.

Archived