Lets Ease up on

Shug2003

Guys, you will never find a more avid or loyal Auburn fan than I am and have been for over 50 years. I'm going to be the proverbial "devils advocate" here on one issue. Trashing Brodie...

Guys, this kid showed more class than the rest of the Alabammer team put togehter and I can't remember him saying anything really cutting or cheap about Auburn. He came into JHS almost as a sacrificial lamb albiet he wanted to participate in one of his few healthy Iron Bowls. Seeingt stuff like pee in the seat of his pants surpasses permissable humor and borders on a real cheap shot which is totally uncharacteristic of adult Auburn folks. The kid gave his best shot and lost with class. He certainly didn't make excuses like Mr. Britt did. In fact, if we don't watch it, some of us are slowly becoming like some of the extreme bammers, which I don't like at all. Lets show them that the word "Class" is something we don't just pay lip service to as their old coach did. Just my 2 cents worth and you can trash me if you like for expessing my Auburn view.. WDE!

Guys, you will never find a more avid or loyal Auburn fan than I am and have been for over 50 years. I'm going to be the proverbial "devils advocate" here on one issue. Trashing Brodie...

Guys, this kid showed more class than the rest of the Alabammer team put togehter and I can't remember him saying anything really cutting or cheap about Auburn. He came into JHS almost as a sacrificial lamb albiet he wanted to participate in one of his few healthy Iron Bowls. Seeingt stuff like pee in the seat of his pants surpasses permissable humor and borders on a real cheap shot which is totally uncharacteristic of adult Auburn folks. The kid gave his best shot and lost with class. He certainly didn't make excuses like Mr. Britt did. In fact, if we don't watch it, some of us are slowly becoming like some of the extreme bammers, which I don't like at all. Lets show them that the word "Class" is something we don't just pay lip service to as their old coach did. Just my 2 cents worth and you can trash me if you like for expessing my Auburn view.. WDE!

202641[/snapback]

Agreed, partially. I think we shouldn't take cheap shots at the kid. But, he DID make excuses in the EXACT same manner as Mr. Britt. Brodie said (paraphrasing) "If you take away the first quarter, we win 18-7."

You've made me think about the great deal of fun I've had since the Iron Bowl. While I felt as if I was poking fun at Bama & Bama fans in general, not Brodie in particular, I suppose he might have misinterpreted some of my comments. For that I apologize, Mr Croyle.

However, the only time I was laughing at Brodie specifically was, as Rainman says, when he spouted the party line of "We won three quarters of the Iron Bowl". But even then, it seems to be "the party line" over there and I laugh at all of them buying into such a revisionist view of their last a%$-whipping.

I do admit to laughing at the overall inefficiency of their offense, and the porousness of their O-line in particular, but how can one not? There's almost no way to describe that Keystone Cops performance except as "comedic". However, Brodie himself had less to do with it than the coaches calling the plays, the O-line, and of course Auburn's lightning-quick defense. I don't think any QB could have done much better that day.

If anything, I think those jumping on the JP Wilson bandwagon are the idiots. I remain astonished at how quickly some of them turned from worshipping Brodie as the second coming of Namath/Stabler/etc. to suggesting he was inept (..or even sabotaged the game by fighting with his line, as some delusional fools have suggested). JP Wilson may prove to be a great QB in the future, but to suggest that he could have done any better against Auburn's rush over the course of the game is ludicrous. I would take an experienced, proven QB like Brodie over a young, unproven QB like Wilson anytime. If anyone owes Brodie an apology, it should be those "fans" who says he should have been pulled in favor of Wilson.

Brodie is a talented quarterback. Unfortunately, we may never know how talented because he never had the play-calling or line to support him adequately (not to mention some butter-fingered receivers at times). I wish him the best in the future.

[Although I still prefer Jason Campbell and Brandon Cox... ;) ]

Although I still prefer Jason Campbell and Brandon Cox...

I guess so, since they are better QB's

Ringo is a good qb who is a product of a marketing campaign.

Not as good as the hype, but not bad.

His role in the NFL will be regualted to scout teams, preseason and mop up duties.

Remember, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch?

Glad he didn't get hurt again.

No sense in taking personal shots at Brodie.

Let's let the young man who was once deemed the Savior of all things Dark Pink enjoy preparing to play in his first career bowl game.

Good post Shug. I was at the game and had a tremendous time and cheered loudly each time Brodie got sacked. After the game I even forwarded a couple of the pics (though not that pee one). I then thought about it and regretted sending the pics around b/c Brodie is just a good kid trying his best for his football team and should not be ridiculed for that.

:ua: lost and :au: won and that makes me happy, but we should refrain from humiliating particular players. We have had Auburn players who have made a mistake or performed poorly and we have not wanted to see mocked.

While it is great to make fun of Bama generally and their fans when they act obnoxious, it is not in keeping with the Auburn Spirit to jump on a specific player who had a bad day (and, as pointed out was not helped by his line, recievers, etc.).

Just like it is upsetting when an opposing player is injured, and great when they get back up and the :au: cheer for them, let's show some class after the game as well. Good luck Brodie.

202641[/snapback]

Cry me a freaking river...I don't remember anyone saying anything about him until him and his daddy started spouting off at the mouth.

Brodie is not giving credit where credit is due, IMO. In has quotes, he said nothing about Auburn whipping them or anything, just that "they" played a bad first quarter. Give me a break. I have said nothing about him on this board or to anyone else until now, but he deserves whatever criticism he gets for running off at the mouth. He made it seem like Auburn just got lucky because Alabama played "one bad quarter".

It doesn't sound like his dad has taught him this, but my dad taught me to win and LOSE with class. When you get beat, say you got beat and work to try and improve. Don't make excuses and play the IF game. That makes you sound like a baby and with his comments, Brodie Croyle sounds like a freaking baby!!!

Just like it is upsetting when an opposing player is injured, and great when they get back up and the  :au:   cheer for them, let's show some class after the game as well.  Good luck Brodie.

202657[/snapback]

The thing is, HE WAS NOT HURT!!!!! HE GOT HIS ASS HANDED TO HIM BY THE AUBURN DEFENSE AND NOW HE IS TRYING TO MAKE EXCUSES!!!! Do you guys not see the difference??? No one said anything until he ran his mouth!!!!

I wondered about Brodie's comments lately because I thought his shellshocked performance and comments immediately following the game about how they "overwhelmed us" and "we tried everything to stop them" were classy and truthful. I guess he's being force fed the kool aid also with his more recent comments.

Just like it is upsetting when an opposing player is injured, and great when they get back up and the  :au:   cheer for them, let's show some class after the game as well.  Good luck Brodie.

202657[/snapback]

The thing is, HE WAS NOT HURT!!!!! HE GOT HIS ASS HANDED TO HIM BY THE AUBURN DEFENSE AND NOW HE IS TRYING TO MAKE EXCUSES!!!! Do you guys not see the difference??? No one said anything until he ran his mouth!!!!

202660[/snapback]

People were making fun of Brodie immediately after the game, and a certain amount of that is fine, I just happen to agree that with Brodie the comments may have gone over a line. I don't think his comments had much to do with it, it's not like he said "The best team out there did not win" or anything ridiculous like that.

Like I said, he is a kid playing a game for his school and people should remember that when posting things about him or any player for any college team. (Coaches and pro players are a different story).

It doesn't sound like his dad has taught him this, but my dad taught me to win and LOSE with class. When you get beat, say you got beat and work to try and improve. Don't make excuses and play the IF game. That makes you sound like a baby and with his comments, Brodie Croyle sounds like a freaking baby!!!

202658[/snapback]

Unfortunately his daddy did teach him that, but not in those words. If any of you have ever heard JC speak, you would know that even though he married an Auburn fan, he hates...no absolutely detests losing to Auburn, and goes out of his way to get in pot shots at AU every chance he gets. BC has had it ingrained in his poor little head since he could understand what daddy was saying that he should never lose to Auburn, and it must me a fluke if he does.

202657[/snapback]

202660[/snapback]

People were making fun of Brodie immediately after the game, and a certain amount of that is fine, I just happen to agree that with Brodie the comments may have gone over a line. I don't think his comments had much to do with it, it's not like he said "The best team out there did not win" or anything ridiculous like that.

Like I said, he is a kid playing a game for his school and people should remember that when posting things about him or any player for any college team. (Coaches and pro players are a different story).

202679[/snapback]

i'm not sure anyone was making fun of brodie, most people were amazed that he kept gettin up for that idiot shula who didn't try anything to take the pressure off. Mostly people were making fun of the situation, I laughed everytime we sacked him, he didn't get hurt and he drank the bammer kool-aid and threw up that garbage about winning the last three quarters so he's fair game. Bottom line is he is without a doubt the most over-rated quarterback in the sec and he plays for the tahd, therefore i don't like him.

Croyle (and his dad for that matter) could stop all the bashing with three words....

"GOOD GAME AUBURN"

So far, I haven't heard anysuch from either of them.......

With the excuses and teammate bashing that has occured from them, I'd say they are both fair game...... I don't....but its because I don't have the time or inclination.....

Croyle (and his dad for that matter) could stop all the bashing with three words....

"GOOD GAME AUBURN"

So far, I haven't heard anysuch from either of them.......

With the excuses and teammate bashing that has occured from them, I'd say they are both fair game...... I don't....but its because I don't have the time or inclination.....

202714[/snapback]

I'm not saying we should bake the kid a cake or anything, just saying that he does not deserve to be repeatedly ridiculed and humiliated.

Brodie did give Auburn its due. Here are two direct quotes from him in the Mobile Register:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg...2140.xml&coll=3

"Stanley McClover was as good as advertised," Croyle said. "We tried every pass protection that we had -- slide, man, double team -- but we couldn't slow them down. They were too good."

Croyle said Alabama's second straight loss after a 9-0 start was a big disappointment.

"We obviously are not as good as everyone thought we were," he said. "We took a step backwards tonight. ... We're obviously not as good as everyone thought we were two weeks ago. We thought we were going to go undefeated and play for the SEC championship. We were almost there. They just came out and got on us early and we never recovered."

See that: "They were too good." That's pretty close to "Good game Auburn."

I haven’t made any comments concerning either BC or any other turd player and the comments I have seen no one really took any shots toward BC personally just more or less criticize his comments. He and Mr. Britt both were doing nothing more than trying to validate a piss poor performance, instead of taking it like a true competitor, and saying Auburn played a good game and just whipped us. Instead he decides to act like more than one of the UT players from last season after the whopping we put on them in knoxville, with all this well we won three quarters garbage.

Dear Brodie,

It was a great pleasure to see you playing football on Pat Dye Field at Jordan Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama on Saturday 19 November 2005. What was significant about the game is that it was the first Iron Bowl you have played in since beginning your career at The University of Alabama. We have heard for the past three year the tired wail, "If only Brodie had not been injured!" I am truly thankful that you finished the 2005 season with no injuries, truly I am. Because that simple accomplishment forever eliminates another cry of "If only Brodie had not been injured!". Now the Bama faithful know deep down in their hearts that in 2002, 2003 & 2004 "If only Brodie had not been injured", the results would have been the same.

Just remember loosing 28 to 18 is not as bad as it looks on the surface, it's worse. In actuality, the score was not indicative of the game it's self. But then you of all people would know that wouldn't you. After all, it was you who was sacked 11 times. Eleven sacks in one game, Little Buddy, I know that had to hurt.

In parting I would like to say, thank you to all the Alabama seniors for FOUR GREAT YEARS!

Sincerely,

The Auburn Nation

The comments I read after the game, especially from Brodie, seemed to give AU plenty of respect. I may be wrong, but wasn't it Brodie that said something to the effect of that game pointing out the differences in where the two programs are right now? Could have been one of the other players.

Although I had some fun with it, I really didn't take his 3 quarters comments as disrespecting Auburn. I took it more as him trying to publically state there were some positives that came out of the game. He's Bama's QB and still has another game to play. I wouldn't expect the guy to say, "Auburn is all-powerful, we suck beyond all levels of suckiness and I can't wait til' this season is OVER." (Although, a little groveling would be nice. :big: )

Hey, just leave personal attacks out of it. Keep the remarks on a relatively classy level and HONK IF YOU SACKED BRODIE.

4 in a row, baby. :au::cheer:

The comments I read after the game, especially from Brodie, seemed to give AU plenty of respect.  I may be wrong, but wasn't it Brodie that said something to the effect of that game pointing out the differences in where the two programs are right now?  Could have been one of the other players.

Although I had some fun with it, I really didn't take his 3 quarters comments as disrespecting Auburn.  I took it more as him trying to publically state there were some positives that came out of the game.  He's Bama's QB and still has another game to play.  I wouldn't expect the guy to say, "Auburn is all-powerful, we suck beyond all levels of suckiness and I can't wait til' this season is OVER."  (Although, a little groveling would be nice. :big: )

Hey, just leave personal attacks out of it.  Keep the remarks on a relatively classy level and HONK IF YOU SACKED BRODIE.

4 in a row, baby. :au:   :cheer:

202735[/snapback]

I do agree with you esquire. As a matter of fact, I have used his comments as a sig on another site just to get a little shot at all the bammies on there. He basically said that they were manhandled and that it just shows how far behind a program you are when something like that happens, giving much props to Auburn.

I also think he took a quick swig of his daddie's kool aid before he made the later comments, but was only trying to find some positives out of the game.

No matter...neither he nor Britt will be playing in it next year, so they can pretty much say what they want with no repercussions. Maybe that is the only explanation for either comment.

Ease up on Crodie?? I would agree if we were doing this on a rival board (ie UAT), but this is an AUBURN board. Every rival fan that visits here, knows its an AUBURN BOARD. I for one NEVER visit rival boards. This is the ONLY board on the internet that i EVER READ. All the trash talking those UAT players were doing the week of the game ( darby, Ryans) is the primary reason (i believe) behind most of this. We are simply here laughing at their idiocy, and how they are backpeddling and trying to make more excuses for their FOURTH LOSS IN A ROW to AUBURN. I for one will be enjoying every Crodie post I read here, and will likely contribute a few. I would not do this on a rivals board, but I will enjoy every second of it on an AUBURN board.

PS. Brodie was just sacked again...

And THEN came the "We won 18-7 but for the first quarter "stuff".

Yeah, well.

HONK IF YOU SACKED BRODIE!!!

And "loosing" does not equate to "losing". (For you Jenny)

Hey... its not our fault he picked the wrong school. All bammers are fair game. If the rolls were reversed Brandon Cox would've been crucified by the turd nation.

This is all in fun on an Auburn board. I doubt many on here would ever seriously humiliate Brodie in public. We're having fun among ourselves. Class has nothing to do with it.

HONK IF YOU SACKED BRODIE!!! :lol:

Yeah, as an Auburn fan, i'll just say this one more time ...

IF BRODIE CROYLE would have kept his yap shut instead of saying "We won three quarters," I'd say lay off him, too. But no, he couldn't take it like a man. So he deserves some all the smack-talking he gets.

NFL my butt.

Archived