The Streak...How far?

DKW 86

How Far?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How Far?

• 4, We lose next year. Bama wins its first at BDS in 06.
    • 5, Shula & Bama catch us at JHS in 2007.
    • 6, Shula loses two more and is released. New Coach wins in 08.
    • 7, Bama has new coach and gives up one more.Bama wins in 09.
    • 8, Bama finally on same page wins one in 2010.
    • 9+ and we zero in on evening the series.

AU wins next year. I think Bama has a better than average shot in '07.

AU wins next year.  I think Bama has a better than average shot in '07.

207723[/snapback]

It's kind of hard even lining it up on paper for 2007-we look good on paper for next year's game for sure.

I really wanted to go with 9+, but realistically, I believe the mullets best shot will be in 2008 with :au: breaking in a new QB. After that very close win, :au: runs off another 6 in a row against them.

Just don't see Shula beating us in the next two years. Next year we should be clear favorites, and in 2007 Shula is on his last legs as his program crumbles because he still hasn't let anyone else run the offensive and the team's attitude plummits. The smell of unhappiness permeats UAT and everyone knows changes are coming.

New coach in 2008? We can't keep it up forever, and that's a likely point for us to finally let it slip. We may be coming off an MNC (or close) in the last year or two and beginning to get over-confident/sloppy ourselves. No one runs up a 4-game streak for a long time after that, but we continue to win more often for the foreseeable future.

If talent alone were the barometer, then I think we win the next two. However, when the talent level approaches even, he who wants it more wins..... That is a major concern when you've won four in a row. Lets hope that CTT can keep the players hungry and focused because Bammer is going to be for this one..... WDE! :au:

flipper and his "coaching staff" do not have what it takes to beat Coach Tuberville and his Staff. :au:

p.s. Can you lose to Auburn four years in a row and keep your "job" at uat? :no:

We at the very least take the next TWO....IF Shula is still there by then (which i doubt) the sky could be the limit....if shula isn't there by then, then that means yet another new coach at SPUAT which also could mean the sky is the limit, after all, which 4th or 5th choice will be their next coach?? :roflol::roflol::roflol:

IMHO, Auburn will be favored in every game until at least 2010 no matter who their coach is. So barring an upset, we win at least 8 in a row. Why do I fell this way:

1. We have superior talent and depth right now.

2. bama will have some good recruiting years but we will too, and probably better.

3. It will take bama at least 4 years to get to our level of overalll team talent and depth.

As I said, JMHO. There are a lot of intangibles that could come into play.

Who know we may go thru the thumb, four more fingers, another thumb and start singing "this little piggie won at Jordan-Hare, this little piggie won at BD." :cheer:

There is no reason to see it ending. Why should we expect less.

Auburn will be it's biggest enemy, complacency, poor job of coaching,

or the dreaded NCAA. If we stay hungry, follow the rules, and coaches demand the best, 100.000 fans at Jordan Hare will see :au: take the lead in the series...

for good. :cheer:

Archived