Next Year's Breakout Players

metafour

To get away from all the Bowl/Bama talk...which player that was relatively quiet this year (or didn't play at all) do you expect to break out for us next year?

One guy I'll have to mention is Prechae Rodriguez...I'm sure theres others that agree.

I'm not an AU fan, but I'll participate anyway. Trey Blackmon will be on the freshman All-American team. If he starts for at least half of the season, he'll have a very strong chance of making the All-SEC team. Dude is going to be a beast, and I hope he leaves for the NFL after his sophomore year.

I would have to say Courtney Taylor although he was quiet due to the injury early in the season. I have feeling Rodgeriqus Smith will make a large impact with Prechae.

I like what I'm hearing about Robert Dunn. He may give us a game breaker in the kicking and receiving area.

Don't think Brad Lester will catch Kenny Irons for starting position, but I'm still expecting him to become a hellacious kick returner. He'll more than hold his own when he subs for Kenny, too.

I think Johnathon Wilhite is going to be awesome next year. Lester should continue to improve and I hope King Dunlap continues our streak of good OTs. Montae Pitts will have to step it up again if DI goes pro. :au:

Tray Blackmon......BEAST.

Brad Lester......May turn out to be as good a reciever out of the backfield as Ronnie B.

Breakout year?......Brandon Cox has only begun to show what he is capable of becoming. Look out record books!

For some reason, I think Tommy Trott will be a huge factor in '06. Coach Al Borges really likes to make the TE a big part of his attack and Tommy has all of the tools to get it done. :au:

All of the ones listed above plus.

I look for Tony Bell to have a great year.

Also:

Alonzo Horton

Sen'Derrick Marks

Montez Billings

Tez Doolittle

Patrick Trahan

I am pulling for Pat Sims to get his head screwed on straight, work hard in the off season and get serious playing time next year.

I'd like to see Tristan Davis improve on his 20 ypc :big:

Actually, I think Prechae will be the newcomer of the year for the tigers. :au:

Brad Lester on Offense and return game should be fun to watch. Blackmon should just be a force on Defense.

I think it's awesome that I can't for the life of me come up with just one or two names.

So....

I'll say that entire :au: DEFENSE will be much improved after another year with Gibbs.

Archived