Lou Holtz

autiger162005

Anyone watching the halftime show of the Liberty Bowl? Mark May predicted Auburn to beat Wisconsin because of the play of Brandon Cox. Holtz went on to say, "The only one you missed was Auburn/Wisconsin. I'll tell you why Wisconsin is gonna beat em' is because two years ago they played Auburn, three minutes to go in the game, they had the ball, Wisconsin's tie game. Now, granted Auburn went on to win that game, so there...(inaudible mumbling)". No guys that's not a misprint that's exactly what he said. It just shows how stupid espn is to have this senile old man on tv. He essentially based his prediction for the game on the fact that Auburn and Wisconsin played in the Music City Bowl two years ago and some other random facts that in no way have anything to do with this years game. And of course he went on to predict Notre Dame to beat Ohio State. :rolleyes:

yeah that is what he said, Holtz confirms CTT comments every time he talks.

So no regard to this years teams, brilliant. Holtz your job is to disagree with May

but try not to look so stupid. Wish Trev was there.

what i really hate is that stupid smile he has on his face every time he talks, anyone who pays that man to speak at functions is an idiot.

BTW, I don't think he's off at all on the ND-OSU prediction. I think OSU is overrated a good bit. At least we know that if OSU loses and we win we'll jump them. If ND loses a nail biter and we win we might not jump the media darlings.

I thought I saw that ex-vikings runningback a few weeks ago with Rece and Mark May. I think his name is Robert Smith. Anywho, he didn't do a bad job and looked a lot better than Holtz. Holtz really does look like a birthday clown without the paint when he's just sitting there smiling.

Holtz really does look like a birthday clown without the paint when he's just sitting there smiling.

208014[/snapback]

But a real clown would sound much smarter.

Least he didnt call us the University of Auburn, man he has done that soooo many times this year. I could understand maybe once or something, but the guy coached in the SEC and talks about us weekly on that show.

I thought I saw that ex-vikings runningback a few weeks ago with Rece and Mark May.  I think his name is Robert Smith.  Anywho, he didn't do a bad job and looked a lot better than Holtz.  Holtz really does look like a birthday clown without the paint when he's just sitting there smiling.

208014[/snapback]

I thought Smith was very good with them. I would like to see him back. Still hard to believe he just up and left at the top of his game.

Robert Smith is a pretty bright guy and, more importantly, can E-NUN-CI-ATE...I hope he can work his way into the regular ESPN college show soon.

Least he didnt call us the University of Auburn, man he has done that soooo many times this year.  I could understand maybe once or something, but the guy coached in the SEC and talks about us weekly on that show.

208024[/snapback]

You know who else called us the University of Auburn once, don't you?

Least he didnt call us the University of Auburn, man he has done that soooo many times this year.  I could understand maybe once or something, but the guy coached in the SEC and talks about us weekly on that show.

208024[/snapback]

Well it is obvious he wants to dis Auburn when he has a chance since

Tuberville made his comment about him. Didn't Holtz pick West Virginia to beat Georgia? He has become anti SEC. It's ok to pick a team to beat us but at least

give some legit reasons for the pick. :fish:

Thufferin' Thuckatash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:au::homer:

...and that was my first post for 2006!!!??? :lol:

208024[/snapback]

208051[/snapback]

Ug, I remember hearing it from someone else and even discussing it but it escapes me atm. A part of me wants to say Corso has done it.

I need enlightenment on it, hook me up please.

208024[/snapback]

208051[/snapback]

Ug, I remember hearing it from someone else and even discussing it but it escapes me atm. A part of me wants to say Corso has done it.

I need enlightenment on it, hook me up please.

208124[/snapback]

Patrick Fain Dye at the press conference when he accepted the head coaching job. I rolled my eyes at the time and said, "Who is this guy?" I later forgave him, though. ;)

I wish I had been in mark May's seat when Holtz said that. I would have responded:

"I disagree coach. I think Auburn wins and that All SEC RB stud Kenny Irons you let go at South Carolina Poly will be a key factor in the win."

Just a thought ... I doubt Lou will be asked to return next season.  I always thought he was a last minute replacement after ESPN fired Trev Alberts.

208009[/snapback]

Why did ESPN fire Trev, besides the obvious that he sucks?

Holtz has us losing too.

In addition, Holtz had us losing to Boise State, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Tech.

But, he had us beating UF and Auburn.

:no:

Archived