Gibbs MIA?

DKW 86

I am not even a god armchair QB but to me (I was at the game) the game was not lost by the X's and O's but by the Jimmies and Joes. A few times Auburn made great plays by sheer athletic ability but on most the Wisconsin boys were winning the line of scrimmage, getting wide open as our DB's went the wrong way and breaking tackles.

If I had to single out a couple of players who cost us the game it might be M. Pitts. He missed several tackles and at least one was for a long TD. #33 Eric Brock could have been his twin. I am sure they will learn from this performance as will all the players returning next year. That being said there was very little to cheer about in the way our players played. Wisconsin just flat out out muscled and finessed us. If we had played that flat against Mississippi state we would have lost as well.

Oh well at least we get to wipe the slate clean and look toward next year with 4 in the row over Bama.

If I had to single out a couple of players who cost us the game it might be M. Pitts. 

208724[/snapback]

If I had to single out a couple of players, I couldn't. The team was flat, uninspired and unfocused. Players play, but coaches make sure they stay focused. Ours didn't this time.

I'm hoping that he had a very good reason for abandoning his players at the press conference. Otherwise he has got some growing up to do. By the way, it was an overall team meltdown. AU was simply not prepared to play big time football. I suspect we spent too much time practicing the younger players than the starters. I don't know and its not my job to know. It is CTTs job though. When do we get past taking games off.

On the offensive side of the ball.. Obomanu.. I liked his play. He might have made a mistake or two..but he was the main one I saw that was making catches, etc.

Too bad they didn't give Tre Smith a chance.. Who knows, he could have been the hero. =D

I have been hard on Gibbs all season.. and I have finally came to realize that nobody could coach our secondary players to be great. I started noticing it last year when our backups got beat so badly when they were in the game. I figured it will go away this year, but no. They still have problems. Brock.. He needs to get his act together. Wilhite.. He tries very hard, but misses too many tackles. Well,I have called out too many names and probably don't need to call out any more.

Maybe our recruiting on the defensive side of the ball hasn't been that great lately, in the secondary department anyway. I don't think we are a top 5 team next year, or even a top 10 team. Unless Brandon Cox learns to throw under pressure with some kind of accuracy, and he learns just to step into his throws now and then ( And yes, I saw many times he would loft the ball or either he was throwing off his back foot, and there wouldn't be pressure ) then our offense will sputter. Oh yeah, we are losing 3 receivers, a fullback, a TE, and like 2 OL.

Any reason giving for Gibbs' absence??? It's been 2 days...

208810[/snapback]

Because he knows your watching Raven ;)

Any reason giving for Gibbs' absence??? It's been 2 days...

208810[/snapback]

Because he knows your watching Raven ;)

208824[/snapback]

I thought he was still hiding, thinking that Stocco was dropping back to pass again... :blink:

Archived