Congrats to Alverez

quietfan

In the spirit of good sportsmanship:

Congratulations to Wisconsin coach Barry Alverez for retiring a winner, and for having the class to take a knee at the end of the game instead of adding another TD to our humiliation.

[Which is not to say all of his players showed class at every moment of the game...for example, Reddick should not have retaliated and gotten ejected, but he also should not have had his helmet ripped off.]

Congratulations to Wisconsin coach Barry Alverez for retiring a winner, and for having the class to take a knee at the end of the game instead of adding another TD to our humiliation.

[Which is not to say all of his players showed class at every moment of the game...for example, Reddick should not have retaliated and gotten ejected, but he also should not have had his helmet ripped off.]

208620[/snapback]

Yes very classy move by Alverez taking a knee but had he punched it in, I couldn't disagree. We would have deserved it. Congrats to Barry and I hope he enjoys the new AD position.

208620[/snapback]

Quiet Fan, I felt the same way. Also liked the fact that when the asked him what he said to the team at halftime, she said the first thing he did was start ripping into them about that classless act.

I agree. The Badgers did indeed outplay us on both sides of the ball, the guy who ripped off Troy Reddick's helmet should have been ejected and Alvarez showed class at the end.

Congrats Wisconsin. Y'all certainly deserved that one. I look forward to settling up...

This thread is really unnecessary, we have already given him a wonderful retirement gift. :rolleyes:

Seriously, congrats to Alvarez and good luck!

I agree with all that has been said about CBA. I just wish the he!! that he would spend some time with our staff teaching how to be prepared for EVERY game we play. One class coach AND a winner.

Archived