2006 SEC CG

iam4LSU08

hey guys, first time here. i am an lsu fan. i think we have a great rivalry as the two perrenial powers from the West. anyway, how do you all seeing the sec playing out next year.

i am thinking LSU/Auburn winner vs. Florida

GEAUX TIGERS

7, you are crazy....uat? losing 7 on D and a new QB? No way, they lose 3 or 4. Once again, I think the West champ will be the winner of the LSU/AU game, with it in AU, I give us an advantage. On the other side in the East, heck I think it will be a toss up, I would say UF, but don't count out SC, UT, or UGA. SC has a lot of talent returning as does UT, with a new OC, and UGA willing be breaking in a new QB, plus losing key guys on D. UT probably has the most talented group returning. If Cutcliffe can develop one of the QBs, watch for UT to make noise again. If Mustain goes there, don't be suprised if he is the starter come fall over Ainge. Unfortunately, it is a long time til then. WAR EAGLE

Guest Tigrinum Major
LSU/UAT vs UGA/UF

209216[/snapback]

Surely you jest. You had been making decent posts lately and you come up with this gem?

Alabama? The same Alabama that loses 7 starters on D with no viable plan to replace their LBs or DBs? Their D line will be ok, but anyone gets past them and they will struggle.

Also, they will be breaking in a new QB. And don't believe the hype, he isn't the next Joe Willie. And Jimmy Johns isn't to Bama as Vince Young is to Texas. And Darby, if he comes back, cannot carry them alone. Their O line will be improved, but would it be possible for them to be worse than they were late in the season? They showed more signs of life in the bowl game.

Bama finishes no better than third in the West next year. Mark it down.

:au: / :lsu: vs :usc: / :uf:

i took :au: / :uga: this year and almost got it right. hmmm...2006.........i'll take the good Tigers again vs. :ut: . why not. fat phil gets it done with a new/previous Coach Cutcliffe in a suprise, but the Tigers prevail as SEC Champions! :lol:

:au: / :lsu: winner vs. ?????????????

Next year might be the closest battle in the East in quite some time.

Florida should be very good if Leak learns the spread a little better.

Georgia should also if Cox becomes the QB they expect. They also will need some newcomers on D to step up. (hmmmm, sounds like a prediction for :au: as well)

South Carolina...Spurrier still coach...nuff said.

Tennessee should have a very good team that SHOULD be on a mission to make their fans forget 2005.

I don't have an SEC 2006 schedule, but off hand I remember that USC will be at home against UT and UGA, but will travel to the Swamp. Georgia will get UT at home and as mentioned will play at USC, with the cocktail party still hanging over their heads. I believe the UF/UT matchup will be in Knoxville, thus giving Florida the edge.

Too close to call, but I will predict the winner of the Florida/SC game.

:au: / :lsu: vs :uga: / :usc:

As normal the winner of the Auburn/ LSU game wins the west the only other team in the west who could make a good push will be :arky: surprised? They will be a lot better than most think but should be over shadowed by Auburn and LSU.

In the east its going to come down to USC and UGA. UF is going to get a lot of attention, but breaking in a new O-line will cause its struggles give way to a major Tebow vs Leak controversy, while they have enough talent to compete fighting with yourself doesn’t get it done.

LSU/UAT vs UGA/UF

209216[/snapback]

Bammer? What the?! Are you high man? Can I have some of whatever it is you're smoking?

:arky: / :msu: vs. :ut: / :usc:

:lmao: just kidding

i don't understand the lovefest that continues to exist with florida. Meyer has proven nothing, Leak is barely average, and they were incredibly inconsistent. Not sure what they have coming back besides Leak...but ijust don't see this team being a contender for a while ( if ever ) certainly not with meyer there...

i don't understand the lovefest that continues to exist with florida. Meyer has proven nothing, Leak is barely average, and they were incredibly inconsistent. Not sure what they have coming back besides Leak...but ijust don't see this team being a contender for a while ( if ever ) certainly not with meyer there...

209335[/snapback]

I agree. the gators new coach has proven nothing. He was supposed to be a GREAT one. I guess Coach Superior PROVED that is NOT the case. ;)

Just looking at the perceived big 3 and include USC (they will make it the big 4) in the East and where they play each other next year, Florida and USC have the better road and that winner should have the inside track IMO. I think it will be South Carolina and not Florida, but I have to admit they did get better as the season progressed in '05.

Archived