Jason Sherman

AUGriff

Anyone know anything about this guy beyond what is on Scout. com and Rivals.com?

6-4, 195 lbs. and 4.4 speed . . . basketball player who played first year of football his senior year at First Coast HS in Jacksonville, FL. Visiting Auburn this weekend.

Scout rates him as a one star.

Rivals rates him as a three star.

:au: This kid is another potentially big diamond in the rough i.e.Dontarrious Thomas. Recruited as an athlete while flying under the radar. Tall, runs like a deer, jumps through the roof:A FASTER Anthony Mix.

I just wondered . . . if he is that tall and runs close to that fast, he has a ton of potential. Most basketball players can catch pretty well and know about body positioning for catching. If he can learn to run routes and block down field he would be a great WR, IMHO.

I would not compare him to Mix though . . . Mix is big boy. Large frame and everything. Runs in the family from what I saw while in Bay Minette.

You are right. He would be about 50 pounds lighter than A. Mix.

He would probably be closer in size to Prechae Rodriguez . . . and a bit faster if the recruiting sites are to be believed.

Looks like a project player with a lot of upside.

If he can't catch, maybe he play cornerback . . .

No one has mentioned that Jason is a teammate of current :au: committ Alex Rose. Also, I believe Rose is taking an official to FSU this weekend; could this be foreshadowing?

No one has mentioned that Jason is a teammate of current  :au: committ Alex Rose.  Also, I believe Rose is taking an official to FSU this weekend; could this be foreshadowing?

211085[/snapback]

ITAT has Rose coming to :au: this week

Auburn Visitors

Rose and Sherman will arrive in Auburn in Sat. after noon. Rose is defiantly coming to AU not FSU. Sherman is a project who may get a offer depending on Tim Hawthorne and other targets.

According to Scout, Sherman just committed to Cincinnati.

Is this implication that the staff is confident about landing Hawthorne? I dont believe we even gave Sherman an offer yet, and he looked like our backup plan had we lost Hawthorne. Obviously I'm just speculating (cant wait any longer, wish everyone would just commit already) and Sherman could have simply decided that Cincinnati was best for him...

Thanks for the update.

I am sure many will disagree with my opinion, but I would rather have Sherman than Hawthorne: Sherman is taller and faster, and something about Hawthorne just doesn't sit right with me (seems a little too self-involved). Though I don't like it when kids commit and decommit either.

Just my opinion . . . I could be wrong.

I understand where Sherman is coming from. You don't want to get caught waiting for Ginger when Mary Ann waits and waits and then all of a sudden you get nothing. It happened the other way for Alabama with Tebow and Smelly....Went for the 5star Tebow and missed 4star Smelly from right in West Alabama. If sherman waits for us to offer and we don't he might lose the opportunity to play D-1A ball.

I think Hawthorn is just taking his 15 seconds of fame before becomes just a freshman again. He'll do great if he comes to the plains and Tubbs gets a hold of him.

Archived