Disgusting Ad on Back Of B'ham News

mattd

Did anyone notice the disgusting ad on the back of the Bham News that had all the ex-Alabama players and what Super Bowls they played in?.....I immediately threw my paper away and didn't bother reading it... :(

I too saw that...after a little :puke: I realized that the "boosters" must have been feeling a little more chipper after they won the recruiting national title with Baby Bear Andre $mith.

I guess so...the paper had an article about ex-players from the state in the Super Bowl..they must have taken that idea and ran with it..

It is really kind of sad that they have to resort to full page ads to sell tickets these days. I was truly surprised they didn't work in a 12 MNC reference somewhere on the page...that would have made them feel good again until at least the start of spring practice.

Also their feature editorial was on the recent "Fisher" Report and they used it to support their continuing criticism of Auburn. They apparently didn't even read the whole report but chose to mention onl the tings they wanted to. I hope they get some letters. They will get least least one :D

It galls the hell out of them that Auburn is turning away applicants while bama is having to recruit students so they use stuff like this to make us look bad.

when this report first came out, the Huntsville Times had a front page article about it. Now that so many people including alumni and faculty members are responding to it, they had an update article in Sunday's paper noting some of the dumb things about the report. But naturally it was buried inside the paper.

Archived