Coach Dye

Auburn910

I know many people here dislike Coach Dye. He was the greatest coach in Auburn history. I am looking for some viedo clips to download that include some speeches of Dye espically postgame . If anyone can help it will be great.

I know many people here dislike Coach Dye.  He was the greatest coach in Auburn history.  I am looking for some viedo clips to download that include some speeches of Dye espically postgame .  If anyone can help it will be great.

218376[/snapback]

Many many more admire and love coach Dye. I don't see the need for you to even start out your post as you did. Dye's a great Auburn man and this is a great Auburn board.

WDE!

:au:

I know many people here dislike Coach Dye.  He was the greatest coach in Auburn history.  I am looking for some viedo clips to download that include some speeches of Dye espically postgame .  If anyone can help it will be great.

218376[/snapback]

If there are people here that dislike Coach Dye I think I might be at the wrong place. Without Coach Dye we would all know first hand what it is like to be an Ole Miss fan.

I like Coach Dye. I don't like what happened at the end of his career here. I don't like his continuing involvement at AU after he left as coach. I don't believe we should name the field after him. That said, I think Pat Dye is a great coach and contributed greatly to AU. I even support his decisions on tying games in the 4th quarter - a stance that he is often critized for. I don't believe there is anyone here who doesn't appreciate what Coach Dye did at AU prior to the probation.

Coach Dye is the one who showed us how to win again and especially, beat Bama. He was the one who dragged Bama kicking and screaming to JH to play our home games on the future Pat Dye field. He was the one who coached the D-1 school that put the most players into the NFL in the 80's. He was the one who looked Bryant in the eye and then kicked his butt. Dye IS AUBURN.

218376[/snapback]

Many many more admire and love coach Dye. I don't see the need for you to even start out your post as you did. Dye's a great Auburn man and this is a great Auburn board.

WDE!

:au:

218435[/snapback]

True Dat. Does it even need to be said that he brought the Bamar game to Auburn...and got us BACK 9and I emphasize that word) on an even playing field with Bamar? FOUR SEC Championships...a, should have been, 1983 MNC...etc.

There's no moss on Coach Dye...not on this board.

:au::homer:

218376[/snapback]

I dislike the way you started this thread more than anything, well, except UAT. Coach dye was a great coach, and did great things for auburn university. I always loved coach dye. Forcing UAT to come to Auburn was one of most unlikely things to ever happen at the time, and coach DYE made it happen.

I don't agree with naming the field after him only because we seem to be going around naming everything lately, and yet Jim Fyffe hasn't even been mentioned. The press box should have been named after him the FIRST game we played at Jordan-Hare after his death over the summer.

I don't believe we should name the field after him.

Why would you have a problem with naming the field after one of the greatest coaches in our program's history?

Do you have a problem with Jordan-Hare being named after Shug Jordan and Cliff Hare?

...and yet Jim Fyffe hasn't even been mentioned. The press box should have been named after him the FIRST game we played at Jordan-Hare after his death over the summer.

Truth

Archived