Who Won Head-To-Head Battles

Proud Tiger

Shoemaker said that he wanted to go to Alabama but didnt receive a scholly offer. So how did AU win that battle? We wanted him to walk on and weren't willing to offer a scholarship. But Auburn had room to offer a kicker. That doesnt mean he chose AU over bama...that means he chose a free ride over paying to go to bama.

I never said we "won" in state...i was merely clearing the air on two kids.

220199[/snapback]

Spin it however you want to the facts don't change. Shoemaker said he wanted to go to bama. Shula wanted him, spending time in his home just before signing day. I guess he just dropped by for tea since the kid was a bama fan. Read this carefully and slowly.......Auburn....won ....the......head-to-head....battle......by ....offering....the.....kid....a.....scholly. You...lost....because.....you didn't .....offer....a scholly. He will be playing at Auburn......because......he ....choose....Auburn. Got it? If not, I give up and really don't care.

OK, well lets break it down then for the "who got offers from both schools and where did they choose."

Both offer, chooses Auburn

Tim Hawthorne

Michael Goggans

Bart Eddins

Jake Ricks

Craig Stevens

Both offer, chooses Alabama

Earl Alexander

Lebronski Huttchens

Mike McCoy

Taylor Pharr

David Ross

Andre Smith

Both offer, chooses somewhere else

Darryl Gamble (Georgia)

DeAndre McDaniel (Clemson)

Deantwan Whitehead (Louisville)

Jacques McClendon (Tennessee

Jarred Fayson (Florida)

Kevin Perez (Georgia)

Kiante Tripp (Georgia)

There is the hard data...Bama 6 Auburn 5 Other People 7 on head to head both teams offering battles. (I'd still take our class anyway)

220202[/snapback]

Can't speak for bama but Auburn didn't offer all these guys.

OK, well lets break it down then for the "who got offers from both schools and where did they choose."

Both offer, chooses Auburn

Tim Hawthorne

Michael Goggans

Bart Eddins

Jake Ricks

Craig Stevens

Both offer, chooses Alabama

Earl Alexander

Lebronski Huttchens

Mike McCoy

Taylor Pharr

David Ross

Andre Smith

Both offer, chooses somewhere else

Darryl Gamble (Georgia)

DeAndre McDaniel (Clemson)

Deantwan Whitehead (Louisville)

Jacques McClendon (Tennessee

Jarred Fayson (Florida)

Kevin Perez (Georgia)

Kiante Tripp (Georgia)

There is the hard data...Bama 6 Auburn 5 Other People 7 on head to head both teams offering battles. (I'd still take our class anyway)

220202[/snapback]

I don't think I had it much different. You just took the "lagacy" factor out of it, Also, I can't speak for bama but Auburn didn't offer some of the guys you list.

Shoemaker said that he wanted to go to Alabama but didnt receive a scholly offer. So how did AU win that battle? We wanted him to walk on and weren't willing to offer a scholarship. But Auburn had room to offer a kicker. That doesnt mean he chose AU over bama...that means he chose a free ride over paying to go to bama.

220199[/snapback]

I don't blame him for taking the free ride either.

What I loved about this was the slap in the face to those fanatic koolaid drinkers (and I don't put you in the same therapy group as them, BG) who are always saying "True Bama fans would happily walk on here without a scholarship just to be part of the hallowed Crimson tradition!" :rolleyes::P

Official head-to-head tally (the only one that matters):

2002 17-7

2003 28-23

2004 21-13

2005 28-18

2006 70-3 (at least according to dirons22)

220433[/snapback]

Amen brother!!! Nice way to end this thread. :cheer:

It's been 1552 days since bama beat Auburn and al they have to look forward to is The Thumb :au:

Tick, tick, tick.......

2002 17-7

2003 28-23

2004 21-13

2005 28-18

220433[/snapback]

I for one am hoping that someone finds a way to block that field goal...

2002 17-7

2003 28-23

2004 21-13

2005 28-18

220433[/snapback]

I for one am hoping that someone finds a way to block that field goal...

220467[/snapback]

and that we have to take a knee on the last three plays from scrimmage because we are on their goal line, and don't want to be accused of running up the score. Even though we have our third string QB and fourth string RB on the field. They've already scored TWICE...LOL...

WAR EAGLE!!!!

2006 - THE THUMB!

IMO,

If a kid grew up being an Auburn fan or Alabama fan, and both schools offer a scholarship, I just can't believe he would go to his non-favorite.

IOW, if John Doe says he was always an Auburn fan, but decides to go to Alabama, I call  :bs:

Same goes if John Doe says he grew up an Alabama fan and then goes to Auburn.

220097[/snapback]

Now that's funny. All I have heard from bama fans is that all of Auburn's top in-state players grew up as bama fans and so "Auburn can only succeed when bama is down."

Time to crank up the spin machine.

Archived