Today is the day!

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Spring Practice Begins

"Right now, they're throwing a lot at us -- a lot of new terminology," Herring said. "One thing you can really tell is that (Muschamp) believes in what he's coaching. That weighs a lot on the guys, believing in the system, seeing his energy out there and knowing where he's been and where he's coming from. We respect him as a coach, we respect him as a man, and we're ready to follow his lead and get it going again on defense."

Feel free to opine.

Any students or Auburn residents feel free to go to practice and give us some updates. We can't compensate you, but you will have the undying gratitude of those of us trapped in north Alabama.

What time is the practice tomorrow?  I would like to swing by and check it out after class.

222491[/snapback]

4:00pm, I'll try to make some next week as I can adjust my work schedule to leave to early. I'll make sure and update everyone, maybe even some pics!!! that's called a teaser, TM!! ;)

edit in: that is actually today lilaubie!!

Spring Practice Begins
"Right now, they're throwing a lot at us -- a lot of new terminology," Herring said. "One thing you can really tell is that (Muschamp) believes in what he's coaching. That weighs a lot on the guys, believing in the system, seeing his energy out there and knowing where he's been and where he's coming from. We respect him as a coach, we respect him as a man, and we're ready to follow his lead and get it going again on defense."

Feel free to opine.

Any students or Auburn residents feel free to go to practice and give us some updates. We can't compensate you, but you will have the undying gratitude of those of us trapped in north Alabama.

222482[/snapback]

Its a shame undying gratitude can't pay the bills... :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major

222546[/snapback]

For an exceptional report, we offer a small stipend of kudos and hosannahs.

I will be attending the coaches clinic this weekend where we get to go to the first scrimmage on saturday and watch the pratices on thursday and friday. I will be able to give some input when I watch them scrimmage on saturday.

222546[/snapback]

222547[/snapback]

Well kudos are okay but I'm pretty sure hosannahs are against NCAA violations.

222546[/snapback]

222547[/snapback]

Would that be Hosannah Arquette? :lol:

:au::homer:

Guest Tigrinum Major
Should prove interesting to see Herring line up at linebacker. Thoughts on this?

222668[/snapback]

Sure tackler, adds some bulk, smart player. Nothing but upside for all parties concerned. If Will plays in the NFL, it will be as a linebacker. He will have to get bigger, but I could see it.

I will be attending the coaches clinic this weekend where we get to go to the first scrimmage on saturday and watch the pratices on thursday and friday.  I will be able to give some input when I watch them scrimmage on saturday.

222553[/snapback]

We look foward to a full report on Monday.

:big:

Should prove interesting to see Herring line up at linebacker. Thoughts on this?

222668[/snapback]

For those that have Rivals, they have video highlights of practice. Herring looked like a monster covering Trott on an out route. He actually put quite a lick on him to be wearing on shorts and a helmet. Tomorrow's videos should be interesting of the first day in pads.

As far as fridays practice went the players for the most part stayed in groups and worked on drills. I stayed with the defense and watched the linebackers. Trey Blackman looks good on run defense but still needs work on his pass defense. Herring is still a little confused but will make a good linebacker come fall. The whole defense is still trying to get used to Muschamp's system so they are behind the offense as far as progression. The offensive line looked pretty good the standout was Dunlap. The scrimmage on saturday went pretty good for both the offense and defense. The offense started out strong both running and throwing the ball and drove on the defense until they reached the thirty yard line or so. The defense had a bend don't break mentality at first. Then they put the offense on their own goal line. The defense had three safeties and only allowed one first down with the offense getting six or seven possesions. Then the defense was put on there own goal line and they only allowed on touchdown which was ran by Trey Smith. As far as standouts Trey Blackman played a good game and had the best hit of the scrimmage. Will Herring played ok he is still trying to learn the new position. The freshman running back look good for his first scrimmage. Overall I would say it was an equal day for the defense and the offense they both look good, but they still need a lot of work. The field goal kicking was good compared to last year. They only missed two field goals out of about 10 or so. So, overall the practices look good and I feel we should have a good team this fall.

Archived