Favorite AU Game of all-time?

Auburnfan91

I was just wondering what game you consider to be the best or just your personal fav game of :au: . For me, my personal fav would have to be the Florida game where Florida was ranked #1 in 2001 and we ended their NC run. :big:

My first vivid memory of AU football was the '93 UAT game... I distinctly remember where I was at a very young age and hearing, "Nix is gonna float one for Sanders, Sanders oh he caught it at the two, and he dives in! Touchdown Auburn! Touchdown Auburn!"

I'd have to say that was a great memory. I also will never forget either the LSU game in '04 or the UGA game in '05. Those were some great moments.

The First Iron bowl in Auburn 89 was my fondest memory that was huge to win that game and ever since then Auburn has been on the same level and better than the bammers :big:

The First Iron bowl in Auburn 89 was my fondest memory that was huge to win that game and ever since then Auburn has been on the same level and better than the bammers :big:

227043[/snapback]

That one would rank up there with me - it was also my freshman year at AU.

But my all time fav would have to be our amazing 4th qtr comeback (all via INTs) against LSU @ J-H in 94.

I had come back to Auburn from Ft. Benning with some Army buddies (2 who were LSU fans) for the game. They were giving me crap all game, and then it got good ;)

OK...any win over Bamar, is a gimme. Excluding those, the 1994 LS_Who game. My brother was going to leave in about the middle of the 3rd quarter...I talked him out of it...and "VIOLA" (I know it's voila)...we intercepted every pass thrown in the 4th quarter, and return them ALL for touchdowns (well...almost).... :)

:au::homer:

No doubt the 1972 17-16 Punt Bamma Punt game. I was a senior in high school. Bammer was a 2-3 touchdown favorite and ranked #2 in the nation. Even I didn't think we had much of a chance, but I was going to be there to root for my beloved tigers. Bammer scores 2 TD's and a FG....but misses an extra point. Shug goes for a field goal down 16-0 and the AU section was disapointed. But after the 2 blocked punts, he looked like a genius.

The game also produced one of my favorite bumper stickers: We Beat the #2 out of Alabama

Bo over the top 1982. How can you not consider that one of the most monumental games in Auburn history.

If you can watch the video where Dye sends the players back out on the field to thank the fans and not break down in tears, you're bleeding something other than Orange and Blue.

To my knowledge there has been no more important win in the history of Auburn football. It broke Alabama and the Tide has never recovered.

Beating Alabama that day turned beating them from the primary goal to just another objective in the larger scheme of things. Beating Alabama that day opened the door for all the great things the 80s brought the rising Team of the Decade.

Goallinedive.jpg

Maybe you guys aren't old enough to realize how important this game was. Unless you lived through that nine-year span of Alabama wins (the only difference in the overall series) you can't really comprehend just what a catharsis this game was.

Yes, 1972 was my favorite. But 1982 is my second. Since that game, AU is 14-10 against UAT (including 1982). Kind of awsome isnt it!

Here's my top games:

1. AU vs UAT 1972

2. AU vs UAT 1982

3. AU vs UAT 1989

4. AU vs UAT 2005 (a complete ass-whoopin')

5. AU vs FLA 1994

6. AU vs FLA 2001

7. AU vs LSU 1994

8. AU vs LSU 2004

9. AU vs UGA 2005

10. AU vs FSU 1984

I attended them all. There are more...but they rank below these. 3 of my favorites were under Dye, 2 under Tot, 1 under Shug, and 4 under CTT. I think that says someting about CTT and the way our program is headed!

favorite game as pertains to:

1. AU History - 89 bama. i wasn't there, but i will remember that day always.

2. AGAINST BAMA - 1995. my first ever. haven't missed one since.

3. ROAD TRIP - 97 LSU. Craig was fantastic!

Favorite AU Game:

Auburn 34, UT 10 - 2004

Best AU Game: (historical ramifications)

Auburn 30, Alabama 20 - 1989

Best AU Comeback:

Auburn 17, Alabama 16 - 1972 OR Auburn 30, LSU 26 - 1994

Most Dramatic Win:

Auburn 36, Florida 33 - 1994

Most Forgotten Win:

Auburn 18, Alabama 17 - 1997 OR Auburn 31, Alabama 27 - 1995

Best Finish:

Auburn 10, Florida 7 - 1989

That's good for now..

Still have my "big" ticket from the 89 Bama game, which is framed along with my shaker.

I also was in Athens, when we defeated UGA in 1983, to clinch the SEC Championship. If I'm not mistaken, the Dogs crossed midfield one time the entire game. Lionel James was showered with sugar cubes when he scored our lone TD.

I remember actually trying to go to class the week of the Iron Bowl in 89 and high fiving tailgaters on my way to Parker hall... on a tuesday! :o Some guy paid for my breakfast at the Hardee's drive through so he wouldn't have to wait in the line of cars that was stretched all the way down Gay Street. That was the craziest Game week I have ever witnessed or probably ever will. The game didn't disappoint either!

WDE

I was just wondering what game you consider to be the best or just your personal fav game of  :au: . For me, my personal fav would have to be the Florida game where Florida was ranked #1 in 2001 and we ended their NC run.  :big:

227033[/snapback]

I was out of the country for my two favorites:

1972 Punt bammie Punt (I was in Viet Nam)

1989 First Game (I was in the UK)

You guys need to take up a collection and put me on the road...

War Eagle!

Archived