Possible JH expansion?

vatz22au

UGA's Vent has insiders saying that UGA has already looked into making the 3rd deck go around to the sky boxes thus adding 10-15k

That wouldnt be for 3-4 more years though

230936[/snapback]

That would put UGA well over the 100k mark, are there enough fans who aren't getting tickets to warrant another expansion?

That would put UGA well over the 100k mark, are there enough fans who aren't getting tickets to warrant another expansion?

230992[/snapback]

Ticket demand wise? Yes

Fill up during big games? Yes

Fill up during Vandy, kentucky, North Dakota CC games? No

As far as my being an ass, it's what I do.

230985[/snapback]

As long as you admit it, then its all good. :D

As far as my being an ass, it's what I do.

230985[/snapback]

As long as you admit it, then its all good. :D

231027[/snapback]

I feel a lot of love in here now guys...

We just don't have the fan support to add more seats.

230814[/snapback]

I think its more of the fact tickets now and days cost one arm and 2 kidneys rather than a lack of fan support.

230814[/snapback]

I think its more of the fact tickets now and days cost one arm and 2 kidneys rather than a lack of fan support.

231038[/snapback]

crappy OOC games coupled with high ticket prices.

Guys they have been talking about expanding the stadium for quite some time now. Auburn officials have said they will not expand the stadium until they can first solve the parking situation. Second, we ran out of money (by 50% might I add) for the renovations they are currently working on. Where are they going to get the money to do this? It will not happen anytime in the near future and I hope they don't because that stadium will look sad with an open endzone when we play the likes of a Buffalo. We just don't have the fan support to add more seats. We barely sell out the normal SEC games (Arkansas, South Carolina, Ole Miss, etc.). If they do expand it tho - they need to put part of it to students so that more freshman can have tickets.

230814[/snapback]

That's a bunch of crap. At every big SEC game, including South Carolina and Arkansas the stadium was full.

what parking issue?

230931[/snapback]

Exactly. I never have a problem parking...... I arrive on campus at 8 am for night games though. :)

If they expand, I have one request and one request only. Keep the asthetics of the stadium intact. I REALLY don't want to walk into a stadium every fall that looks like fla's or nebraska's. We have the best CFB stadium that I've ever been in, keep it that way.

6.jpg

memneb150.jpg

now while sanford looks a little lopsided with that gigantic press box, its not bad.

sanford-stadium.jpg

jhsn2008.jpg

Early rendering of 2008 Stadium expansion. Note that the example shows no suites under the North Endzone addition. I think they would absolutely be there btw.

We have had the bigger stadium in the state for decades now. Has it meant that much? I want the best experience, the loudest, the best home field advantage, etc.

LSU has a bigger stadium and almost no home field advantage, especially during the day. UGA, UT, Michigan, etc.

Give me loud passionate fans every time.

230814[/snapback]

231038[/snapback]

Tickets to the lesser games are easy tickets. I bet you can go to the Buffalo game for $5 or $10 if you wanted. Yea... that's really expensive. Louisiana Tech - yea, I'm sure its $50 to try to get a seat at that game :roll: Same for Louisiana Monroe and Tulane and Ball State and Western Kentucky - actually those are probably more like $60 a pop.

In regards to a parking question I had earlier - incase you didn't realize - parking in Auburn is horrendus. Where would you park cars for another 10,000 people?

Guys they have been talking about expanding the stadium for quite some time now. Auburn officials have said they will not expand the stadium until they can first solve the parking situation. Second, we ran out of money (by 50% might I add) for the renovations they are currently working on. Where are they going to get the money to do this? It will not happen anytime in the near future and I hope they don't because that stadium will look sad with an open endzone when we play the likes of a Buffalo. We just don't have the fan support to add more seats. We barely sell out the normal SEC games (Arkansas, South Carolina, Ole Miss, etc.). If they do expand it tho - they need to put part of it to students so that more freshman can have tickets.

230814[/snapback]

That's a bunch of crap. At every big SEC game, including South Carolina and Arkansas the stadium was full.

231159[/snapback]

God, when will people actually read what someone writes - I said BARELY sell out. My parents came from NY and bought tickets a couple weeks before the game. And they didn't have a problem getting seats. Originally they said to get SC and Ole Miss tix, one had to purchase the Ball State or W. Kentucky game. When it came closer to the SC and Ole Miss games, they still had tickets to sell and took that clause out. They eventually sold all the tickets the week of the game.

Here are the figures... yea we sold out 3 games and had a good crowd for a fourth game. The other three were pathetic. And One of them was an SEC game. I don't care if its MSU or that we had just lost - it's pathetic. Where was the fan support fellaws?

GT 87451

MSU 81921

Ball State 78427

W Ky 80632

SC 87451

Ole Miss 85791

UA 87451

Calm down champ.... its alright. In addition I'd like to add that I was referring to season ticket prices. Wonder if you even made every home game.

PC, how do you BARELY sell out? Isn't 100% 100% any way you cut it? :D

Anyway, here's some food for thought I scraped up:

Attendance average by year

Auburn Alabama

2005 84,161 81,018

2004 Wasn't listed for some reason

2003 85,203 82,388

2002 82,943 82,857

2001 85,449 82,312

2000 81,906 83,770

1999 80,905 83,223

1998 81,110 82,670

1997 83,545 Forgot to look up UA's

Bryant Denny's official capacity is 83,818 right now. Anyhoo, the thing that jumped out at me was that, at least for 98-00, UAT averaged larger crowds than us, but from 01-05, we had the larger crowds. It was 01-05 where we had our strongest years (and remember, last year we had a pretty pathetic home schedule. I would think 2004 would be the biggest year.) At the same time, those years were where they had decreasing crowds, falling farther behind in average attendance. At least 3 of the last 5 years, our average would have been well beyond their total capacity. Yet, they are the ones adding 10,000 seats onto their stadium.

I think for the big games...i.e. the CBS games, or the primetime ESPN games, we could sell all the tickets we wanted.

Calm down champ.... its alright.  In addition I'd like to add that I was referring to season ticket prices.  Wonder if you even made every home game.

231435[/snapback]

I've made every home game the past 4 years thank you very much. And I made every away/neutral game the past two years.

Archived