Possible JH expansion?

vatz22au

I would be surprised if they did the expansion on the South side of the stadium considering they just built they Tiger Walk plaza a few years ago. My feeling was that if the expanded an endzone it would be the North side.

How big is Jordan-Hare?

I know its something like the third or fourth biggest in the SEC.

230734[/snapback]

87,451 of my closest friends fit in JHS

When I win the LOTRY, I want one dem bockses. I'll let only those who voted for me against AUPCOLA in the tourney come in. The rest of ya'll can just sweat.....

Those tee's that say the stuff about the best time with X number of friends are kind of silly... some of the capacity goes to the opposing team... are they really your friends?

I would be surprised if they did the expansion on the South side of the stadium considering they just built they Tiger Walk plaza a few years ago.  My feeling was that if the expanded an endzone it would be the North side.

230739[/snapback]

I agree.

Especially considering that behind the North side sits the old geology building that is falling down, and a parking lot. Plenty of room over there for expansion and construction areas.

The southside is bordered by Donahue and the Tiger Walk plaza.

Those tee's that say the stuff about the best time with X number of friends are kind of silly... some of the capacity goes to the opposing team... are they really your friends?

230774[/snapback]

There are t-shirts worn by other "schools" which have a number on them that's as far-fetched as assuming that you are close to 87,451 people! :)

If you go to the architect's website http://www.trahanarchitects.com/ shown on the page, they don't say what end zone the plan is for.

Click on "architecture", then "08" sports experience, then click past the LSU Baseball stadium drawings.

I would lay money on it being a plan for the North End Zone. That is the dumpy side of the stadium at the moment.

I would think they would put it on the north side also because of viceo screen. I sure would be pissed not to see all the videos cuzone of my hobbies is making ones like them

Guest Tigrinum Major
I would think they would put it on the north side also because of viceo screen.  I sure would be pissed not to see all the videos cuzone of my hobbies is making ones like them

230810[/snapback]

If they do put it in the South, rest assured that there will be a jumbotron (or two) somewhere in the stadium.

Guys they have been talking about expanding the stadium for quite some time now. Auburn officials have said they will not expand the stadium until they can first solve the parking situation. Second, we ran out of money (by 50% might I add) for the renovations they are currently working on. Where are they going to get the money to do this? It will not happen anytime in the near future and I hope they don't because that stadium will look sad with an open endzone when we play the likes of a Buffalo. We just don't have the fan support to add more seats. We barely sell out the normal SEC games (Arkansas, South Carolina, Ole Miss, etc.). If they do expand it tho - they need to put part of it to students so that more freshman can have tickets.

I believe that Auburn is "shooting themselves in the foot" by their current allocationof tickets policy. It has become virtually impossible for the average Alum to get tickets to the games and large corporations buy blocks of tickets for their clients and many of them don't bother to go. Result- empty seats.... Television seems to have hurt us more too than some other schools. <_<

That "South Endzone" notation on the picture was pretty clear to me.

230788[/snapback]

Lol... some people :homer:

there's no way they'd do construction on the south endzone before the north. And yes they would without a doubt have to expand the student section if an expansion is going to happen. We're crammed in there as it is.

230788[/snapback]

Way to be an :moon:

That was added by someone else who edited/photoshoped the caption into the picture and posted them on the page that was sent out.

If you follow the instructions I posted you would see that the architects site does not say one way or the other what side of the stadium it is on.

ScreenShot059.jpg

230788[/snapback]

That was added by someone else who edited/photoshoped the caption into the picture and posted them on the page that was sent out.

If you follow the instructions I posted you would see that the architects site does not say one way or the other what side of the stadium it is on.

ScreenShot059.jpg

230847[/snapback]

LOL. TM got told. :P

That would be awesome if they actually do expand the stadium, but this probably won't happen until some other issues are resolved. The basketball situation is becoming a huge issue. The parking situation on campus has always been a huge issue. They have been talking about building a new tennis facility and outdoor pool. As you can see, there are already a number of projects that have been promised to other sports and you know the expansion of the football stadium will cost an arm and a leg. Boy, the architect renderings sure do look nice though. Adding the upper deck in the north endzone will not only enhanced the stadium appearance, but will keep the crowd noise in the "bowl" alot better. I have always thought that our stadium is not nearly as loud as some others because of the way the seats flare away from the field so much. If you go to LSU and Florida, you are right on top of the action and the crowd noise reveberates off of the walls making the noise level deafening at times.

Guys they have been talking about expanding the stadium for quite some time now. Auburn officials have said they will not expand the stadium until they can first solve the parking situation. Second, we ran out of money (by 50% might I add) for the renovations they are currently working on. Where are they going to get the money to do this? It will not happen anytime in the near future and I hope they don't because that stadium will look sad with an open endzone when we play the likes of a Buffalo. We just don't have the fan support to add more seats. We barely sell out the normal SEC games (Arkansas, South Carolina, Ole Miss, etc.). If they do expand it tho - they need to put part of it to students so that more freshman can have tickets.

230814[/snapback]

what parking issue?

UGA's Vent has insiders saying that UGA has already looked into making the 3rd deck go around to the sky boxes thus adding 10-15k

That wouldnt be for 3-4 more years though

Guest Tigrinum Major

230788[/snapback]

230847[/snapback]

You are correct. I had seen the architect's page before and did not go back through that goat rope. I assumed the page at the top was a direct link, although in retrospect, I now realize the error of my ways.

As far as my being an ass, it's what I do.

Archived