Left Hypocrisy: "Kill Limbaugh, Bemoan Kennedy"

DKW 86

In one of those "They just cant help themselves" moments the true corruptness of the Left rears its ugly little head. Limbaugh, not held in high regard by myself, is ripped for three years and drug through the media circus for three long years with criminal charges over his head. He is ridiculed and smeared mercilessly, even by me.

Patrick Kennedy, whose father is the Ted Kennedy of Chappaquidick fame, drives drunk, crashes into a police car, then a police barricade. Does he get arrested? NO! Does he get charged later on? NO! Is he ridiculed for the lies of the 3AM vote he was supposed top be giving? NO!

I guess we can all be thankful at least some young woman didnt die like with his father, this time. We now find out that Poor Patrick has a prescription drug dependency. Golly gee, just like Rush. Will Kennedy be excuriated like Rush? Heck no! He is a Limousine Liberal. They are above us poor plebians, dont you people understand that... :big:

Real life is far more funnier than anything you could make up!

Malkin on Kennedy

Washington Post on the Double Standard.

(Patrick) Kennedy has gotten rougher treatment in his home region, where Boston Herald columnist Howie Carr last week called him "generally dumber than two rocks."
In 1991, while a state representative, Kennedy acknowledged -- following a National Enquirer story -- having used cocaine as a teenager, but said he had kicked the habit years earlier by checking into a treatment center.

In 2000 alone, Kennedy got into a scuffle with an airport security guard, who said he shoved her during an argument about oversize luggage; admitted taking antidepressants; was accused by a charter company of causing $28,000 in damage to a rented sailboat; and, after a few drinks and an argument, had a distraught date call the Coast Guard to be rescued from his chartered yacht.

Just last month, Kennedy hit another car in a Rhode Island parking lot.

We should show compassion and hope for Patrick Kennedy on his ongoing struggle w/ substance addiction. As for Limbaugh, he's just a fat, rich , pill popping hypocrite who should be thrown in jail and stripped of his big houses and fancy jets.

:blink:

I'm with you AURaptor! Rush makes his living by "stirring the pot" and "rumor-mongering". He is the Paul Finebaum of Politics.

I'm with you AURaptor! Rush makes his living by "stirring the pot" and "rumor-mongering". He is the Paul Finebaum of Politics.

235065[/snapback]

Sorry if I'm missinmg your sarcasm. Did you catch mine? Darn these message boards! :)

235065[/snapback]

Sorry if I'm missinmg your sarcasm. Did you catch mine? Darn these message boards! :)

235108[/snapback]

ZOOOM! Right over his head... :big:

• 1 month later...

Patrick Kennedy, whose father is the Ted Kennedy of Chappaquidick fame, drives drunk, crashes into a police car, then a police barricade. Does he get arrested? NO! Does he get charged later on? NO!

235027[/snapback]

I guess this was just one more time that you carried on hysterically without knowing what was really going on.

Patrick Kennedy, whose father is the Ted Kennedy of Chappaquidick fame, drives drunk, crashes into a police car, then a police barricade. Does he get arrested? NO! Does he get charged later on? NO!

235027[/snapback]

I guess this was just one more time that you carried on hysterically without knowing what was really going on.

240381[/snapback]

What a difference a month makes, huh? Kennedy went from avoiding any sort of field sobriety test, a trip down to the DC pokey , in 'cuffs, and having to spend the night as would be anyone elses fate, in the same situation. He was driven home by the cops instead, and tucked neatly in bed. Awwwwww. After 2 weeks of rehab, he faces the music, getting some of the charges dropped, even though he has a history of this sort of thing.

So tell us, TexasTiger..what was REALLY going on ?

235027[/snapback]

240381[/snapback]

What a difference a month makes, huh? Kennedy went from avoiding any sort of field sobriety test, a trip down to the DC pokey , in 'cuffs, and having to spend the night as would be anyone elses fate, in the same situation. He was driven home by the cops instead, and tucked neatly in bed. Awwwwww. After 2 weeks of rehap, he faces the music, getting some of the charges dropped, even though he has a history of this sort of thing.

240384[/snapback]

Heck if I know. At the time, I heard Joe Scarborough, former Republican congressman, say that what happened with Kennedy would have likely happened with any congressman-- that was when many people were assuming that he was let off the hook. His higher profile may have made it more difficult to actually sweep it under the rug than if it had been one of the other 434 guys most people have never heard of. For some reason, though, charges were apparently being filed even though most folks were unaware of it.

235027[/snapback]

240381[/snapback]

What a difference a month makes, huh? Kennedy went from avoiding any sort of field sobriety test, a trip down to the DC pokey , in 'cuffs, and having to spend the night as would be anyone elses fate, in the same situation. He was driven home by the cops instead, and tucked neatly in bed. Awwwwww. After 2 weeks of rehap, he faces the music, getting some of the charges dropped, even though he has a history of this sort of thing.

240384[/snapback]

Heck if I know. At the time, I heard Joe Scarborough, former Republican congressman, say that what happened with Kennedy would have likely happened with any congressman-- that was when many people were assuming that he was let off the hook. His higher profile may have made it more difficult to actually sweep it under the rug than if it had been one of the other 434 guys most people have never heard of. For some reason, though, charges were apparently being filed even though most folks were unaware of it.

240385[/snapback]

So Tex, got a link for his being arrested that night or are you blowing smoke.

235027[/snapback]

240381[/snapback]

240384[/snapback]

240385[/snapback]

So Tex, got a link for his being arrested that night or are you blowing smoke.

240395[/snapback]

I didn't say he was arrested that night. I was responding to this:

Does he get charged later on? NO!

If he pled today, he was charged sometime between that night and today. As I said, "Heck if I know" exactly what happened when. I also doubt that he would have been charged if it hadn't been such a media event, but I don't know for sure. Maybe some of the cops on the scene complained that protocol wasn't followed. He essentially admitted in his press conference he was under the influence, so they could have charged him based on that. Point is, everything that goes on isn't reported.

Tex, Ole Patrick "Generally Dumb as Two Rocks" Kennedy is only getting arrested now because of the media damage. There is zero nobility in this. This is manipulating stoopid people into believing that he is not some kind of Left Wing hyper-Elitist.

Tex, do you dictate when and where you get arrested? This is NOTHING more than Ted Kennedy never getting arrested for killing Mary Jo Kopechne. The Kennedys are superior to all of us and the sooner all us piss-ants know that the better off we will all be.

Fair is defined as he gets his a$$ arrested the night this occurred, anything else is his simple manipulation of the story. He should have gone to jail that night. Instead he went to a rehab of his choice for two weeks while his handlers spin the story. Geez, I hope I get that kind of consideration If I ever do anything that stoopid.

I give him no points for dictating to the police, the courts, etc how he will be treated. My God Tex, are you so full of it that you cannot see this is 100% :bs: politics? PK should have been treated like The Bush girls and Gore's son. PERIOD! They were arrested and went to jail the same night. It just chafes my ass that another Kennedy is getting away with it again.

So Tex, got a link for his being arrested that night or are you still blowing smoke?

Link

Washington -- Rep. Patrick Kennedy, D-R.I., pleaded guilty Tuesday to a charge of driving under the influence of prescription drugs in a plea bargain with prosecutors stemming from a middle-of-the-night incident last month in which he nearly sideswiped a police cruiser.

District of Columbia Superior Court Magistrate Judge Aida Melendez placed the six-term congressman on supervised probation for a year. He was ordered to attend weekly meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous, confer regularly with a psychiatrist, submit to random urine tests and contribute $100 to a crime victims fund and $250 to the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Washington, where he will also do 50 hours of community service.

If Kennedy violates the terms of his probation, she added, he will go to jail for 10 days and pay a fine.

"I've always said I wanted to take full responsibility for my actions, and today in court I did just that," Kennedy said after his sentence was announced. "I accepted the consequences of my actions. ... I'm grateful to be on the road to recovery."

Kennedy, 38, has said he has struggled with depression and drug addiction since he was a teenager. He was treated for cocaine abuse after graduating from high school

Slap on the wrist. Curious decision by the judge: if Kennedy was charged with DUI for driving under the influence of prescription drugs, then why did the judge order him to attend Alcoholic's Anonymous?

I just don't understand what the voters in RI or Massachusetts are doing in continuing to elect alcoholic Kennedys for their representatives. :no:

Slap on the wrist.  Curious decision by the judge:  if Kennedy was charged with DUI for driving under the influence of prescription drugs, then why did the judge order him to attend Alcoholic's Anonymous?

240474[/snapback]

Because it's a twelve step program. There's no fundamental difference between the AA, CA or NA programs. There's probably an AA group that consists of mostly governmental/political types in the DC area, but discussion isn't limited to alcohol problems per se.

Slap on the wrist.  Curious decision by the judge:  if Kennedy was charged with DUI for driving under the influence of prescription drugs, then why did the judge order him to attend Alcoholic's Anonymous?

240474[/snapback]

Because it's a twelve step program. There's no fundamental difference between the AA, CA or NA programs. There's probably an AA group that consists of mostly governmental/political types in the DC area, but discussion isn't limited to alcohol problems per se.

240522[/snapback]

Hey, you're back! :thumbsup: Good to see you posting again, Al. Hope everything is well with you & yours. WDE :au:

Back on topic here. How is it that Limbaugh gets a three year proctological exam for his pres. drug abuse and Patrick "Generally Dumb as Two Rocks" Kennedy doesnt even get arrested until he spins, whitewashes, and covers up the whole story? He gets to choose he punishment, dictate it to the court, to the public, ram, cram, and jam it down our throats?

BTW, Limbaugh after having gotten smeared for three years only got one charge that was not dropped. He gets that dropped if he stays clean. Ole "Two Rocks" doesnt even get a good wrist slap and no horrendous media coverage. I say we need a Congressional Investigation into why he wasnt chewed up and spit out like Limbaugh, afterall, they both are guilty of exactly the same thing: prescription drug abuse.

I really want to know how he wasnt arrested that night and breathalyzed. Seems the stink is just worse in this case.

Tex, Ole Patrick "Generally Dumb as Two Rocks" Kennedy is only getting arrested now because of the media damage. There is zero nobility in this. This is manipulating stoopid people into believing that he is not some kind of Left Wing hyper-Elitist.

Tex, do you dictate when and where you get arrested? This is NOTHING more than Ted Kennedy never getting arrested for killing Mary Jo Kopechne. The Kennedys are superior to all of us and the sooner all us piss-ants know that the better off we will all be.

Fair is defined as he gets his a$$ arrested the night this occurred, anything else is his simple manipulation of the story. He should have gone to jail that night. Instead he went to a rehab of his choice for two weeks while his handlers spin the story. Geez, I hope I get that kind of consideration If I ever do anything that stoopid.

I give him no points for dictating to the police, the courts, etc how he will be treated. My God Tex, are you so full of it that you cannot see this is 100% :bs: politics? PK should have been treated like The Bush girls and Gore's son. PERIOD! They were arrested and went to jail the same night. It just chafes my ass that another Kennedy is getting away with it again.

So Tex, got a link for his being arrested that night or are you still blowing smoke?

240440[/snapback]

Let's get a few things out of the way...again. Patrick is an idiot. Best I can tell, he's never accomplished a thing on his own. Don't care for his Dad either, or really the Kennedys in general. In many respects, them and Bushes are two sides of the same coin. I even think JFK was overrated.

Okay, he's an idiot, but honest to God, David, whenever you post on a Kennedy it seems as if you are losing whatever tenuous grip you may have left on your sanity.

And you'd have to be dumb as two rocks to keep asking me for a link about him being arrested that night when I never made such a claim. Have your kids read it to you. And nobody said there was anything "noble" or "fair" about it.

The truth is, though, this got more media attention than would similar conduct by almost any other member of the house. There are only a handful of guys in the House who would get as much or more, such as Delay. This was on cable news shows for days and google it if you don't think it got attention.

As far as poor old Limbaugh, there are some good reasons for some media attention. One, is he denied it for so long. The other is the hypocrisy. Kennedy is not exactly leading the "Just Say No" program. Limbaugh on the other hand, set himself up with gems like these:

"Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be

convicted and they ought to be sent up."

-- Rush Limbaugh. October 5, 1995 show transcript.

http://www.takebackthemedia.com/gophotwrush.html

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use, too many whites are getting away with drug sales, too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

"It's kind of like sentencing. A lot of people say that we have a heavy sentence for this crime and a light sentence for another crime, and what we ought to do is reduce the heavy sentence so it's more in line with the other. Wrong. In most cases we ought to increase the light sentence and make it compatible with the heavy sentence, and be serious about punishment because we are becoming too tolerant as a society, folks, especially of crime, in too many parts of the country."

Hypocrisy always makes a bigger news story. A drunk Kennedy? Anyone surprised?

Archived