Welcome Aboard War-Matt

DKW 86

Welcome to the board!

Thank you sir. I feel like i know all you guys already from being a frequent vistor here. I have been a season ticket holder since the 03 season. Maybe this season i'll get to drop by some of the AU Nation tailgates.

Thanks again for having me.

Welcome, War-Matt! Any relation to WarTim?

He's my sister in-laws baby cousin. :D

Welcome! What is the picture in your avatar? Im assuming Carnell getting chewed?

If I'm not mistaken, that is Bo Jackson giving props to Cadillac after the first run of the 2003 Iron Bowl (where CW pulled off that 80 yarder). Someone correct me if I'm wrong (like I have to ask!).

I'm not paid to see, I'm paid to look pretty! (hence why I'm broke <_< )

03' Iron Bowl is right. It's actually before Caddy "went crazy".

Not sure if any body else noticed this at that game, but I can still see Bo to this day all in Caddy's ear before he took the field.

After the run i told a friend of mine, "chalk that one up to Bo".

Welcome and, believe me, you do not want to claim any relationship to me! :D

Welcome, speaking of the avatar what was great about that game/play was that was the last IB I watched with all my extended bammer family. My grandfather was sitting beside me when that play happened and said just like you "Thank-you Mr Jackson" only sarcastically he is a bammer to the bone, even he knew that little pep talk got Carnell fired up.

Another funny story about that game.

We sold our seats to that game because one of the boys wives got her boss' seats in the scholarship section. We had a few cocktails before game time and were a little rowdy. Right before game we get the speech that we are sitting with her boss' colleagues' and that we needed to be on our best behavior. I meet the older gentleman sitting next to me. He's a dentist in B'ham probably in his mid sixties. After CW broke the 80 yd td the old man grabbed me and gave me a head-butt. I looked at my boys and said, "it's on now". No matter what the age AU fans are one and the same.

Another funny story about that game.

We sold our seats to that game because one of the boys wives got her boss' seats in the scholarship section. We had a few cocktails before game time and were a little rowdy. Right before game we get the speech that we are sitting with her boss' colleagues' and that we needed to be on our best behavior. I meet the older gentleman sitting next to me. He's a dentist in B'ham probably in his mid sixties. After CW broke the 80 yd td the old man grabbed me and gave me a head-butt. I looked at my boys and said, "it's on now". No matter what the age AU fans are one and the same.

247308[/snapback]

hahaha, Awesome Story! You should fit in well here at AUNation B)

Archived