College Football Preview:SEC

MDM4AU

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The Southeastern Conference had three teams in the top 10 (L-S-U, Alabama and Georgia) in the final 2005 rankings. However, look for two different squads to meet in the Conference Championship game this year at the Georgia Dome.

Here are my pre-season prognostications with 07 odds to win the BCS Championship courtesy of www.WSEX.com:

SEC West

1) AUBURN: (20-1): The Tigers are 16-1 in SEC play the past two years with their only loss coming in overtime at L-S-U last season. Star RB Kenny Irons (1,293 yards, 13 TDs) returns along with second-year starting QB Brandon Cox (58% completion rate and 15 TDs). Despite only six returning defensive starters, five of the Tigers top seven tacklers return. The schedule is very kind, as their four toughest games (L-S-U, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia) are all at home.

ANALYSIS: The Tigers failed to get the Orange Bowl bid in 2004 after an undefeated season, but this year will be different as they win the whole enchilada. Take the generous 20-1 odds and go in with both fists!

Link to the rest of the rankings

West

AU

Arky

LSU

UAT

Ole Miss

MSU

East

Florida

UGA

So. Car.

UT

UK

Vandy

he ranks the bammerfarts 4th in the west....that should be good enough for another mnc for them...... :roflol:   :roflol:   :roflol:   :roflol:   :roflol:   :roflol:

248234[/snapback]

haha :thumbsdown:

i can see arky being good this year though, i think they will surprise people.

Arkansas sure is the obvious SEC Sleeper team in 2006 thus the chances of them actually surprising are slim, imo

248382[/snapback]

I have to agree. They have some talent that would be great for sneaking up on people. But with everyone talking about them being a sleeper, it may derail that against most teams.

Archived