Marshall Williams Commits to

SKCAUB

6 foot two 200lb LB...and a friend of............CALEB KING!!! :)

:au::homer:

6 foot two 200lb LB...and a friend of............CALEB KING!!!  :)

:au:   :homer:

249780[/snapback]

maybe he in interested in dr. gundlachs sociology program?.....damn, i wish somebody else would write another scandalous article....AU might end up with the #1 recruiting class in the country, if they did....ya'll ready to admit coach tubs knows what he doing?....i ain't even mad today, either....not yet,anyway

6 foot two 200lb LB...and a friend of............CALEB KING!!!  :)

:au:   :homer:

249780[/snapback]

maybe he in interested in dr. gundlachs sociology program?.....damn, i wish somebody else would write another scandalous article....AU might end up with the #1 recruiting class in the country, if they did....ya'll ready to admit coach tubs knows what he doing?....i ain't even mad today, either....not yet,anyway

249788[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

I have admitted it for quite some time. My father and I disagreed from the get go concerning CTT. Me pro, he con. I think it had as much to do with generational differences as it did with anything. He has come around though. He won't ever be Shug in his eyes and rightfully so.

I have admitted it for quite some time.  My father and I disagreed from the get go concerning CTT.  Me pro, he con.  I think it had as much to do with generational differences as it did with anything.  He has come around though.  He won't ever be Shug in his eyes and rightfully so.

249791[/snapback]

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, I WAS AROUND FOR COACH JORDAN AND I LOVED HIM TO DEATH,BUT COACH TUBERVILLE IS A BETTER FOOTBALL COACH THAN HE WAS oops, sorry about that......shug would not stand up to the bear....i think coach tubs would stand up to a grizzly bear

I have admitted it for quite some time.  My father and I disagreed from the get go concerning CTT.  Me pro, he con.  I think it had as much to do with generational differences as it did with anything.  He has come around though.  He won't ever be Shug in his eyes and rightfully so.

249791[/snapback]

When Tuberville first got there, I had my reservations. Through the first couple of years, I noted his propensity to falter when AU had a chance to make a statement or "take the next step". I had my doubts.

A very good friend of mine told me then to be patient, that instead of selling his soul in the "win right now" mentality, Coach Tuberville was building the program brick by brick by brick. He told me that his plan wasn't a one-year plan or a two-year plan or even a five-year plan, but that it was a long-range plan that would propel Auburn into the upper reaches of the NCAA in success both off the field and on. He said then that if the Auburn people could just be patient, we could be on the cusp of one of the greatest periods in our history. What a wise and prescient person my friend turned out to be.

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, I WAS AROUND FOR COACH JORDAN AND I LOVED HIM TO DEATH,BUT COACH TUBERVILLE IS A BETTER FOOTBALL COACH THAN HE WAS oops, sorry about that......shug would not stand up to the bear....i think coach tubs would stand up to a grizzly bear

249796[/snapback]

I think my father looks at it strictly from a gentleman standpoint as far as Coach Jordan is concerned. He has always said "a finer gentleman you will not find". I truly feel like CTT had always had the "riverboat gambler" attitude because he simply had no choice in the matter. When you talent level is vastly depleted as it was at Alaba....I mean Ole Miss and when he first arrived on the Plains you have to take chances to break games open, swing momentum, or sometimes just to try to stay in it. Through the course of the last few years with the continued increase in our talent level and quality of young men being brought into the system you do not see the same types of chances being taken.

I liked CTT from the beginning but we had a problem or two. I thought his assts were a bit lite in experience. Mainly it was his OC and DC.

OC was Mazzone. Mazzone was not the OC at :om: it was another guy. Mazzone was the qb coach only. Mazzone's first OC was at AU. It didnt work out.

DC was Lovett he was okay but a bit in over his head too.

CTT's achilles heel is he is too loyal. In bizness you have to know when to change gameplans. Coaching is a business. Now with Muschamp and Borges, we probably have as good Coordintaors in the SEC, and probably Top 5 in the Country.

Now the key is STABILITY. Lets keep the assts where they are for a long time and the NCAA stats record book will have a lot more Auburn in it

Quote from Williams, "I got to come down to camp and just loved the atmosphere and the academic part. They really stress academics to their football players and I felt like Auburn was the place I wanted to play football and get my degree."

Take that NYT...

Is this two or three commits since the NYT article.

I have done some reading on other sites. Blackmon and this guy may make us killer @ LB for years. I mean tops in the SEC, maybe the Nation.

I'm very happy we landed M. Williams.

This brings me to an item I've been questioning for some time now. I wonder how competitive we can be with smaller LB's. (Blackmon, both William's, etc.) I question whether the coaches are playing athletes that should be Safety at the LB spot. Comments welcome.

I'm very happy we landed M. Williams.

This brings me to an item I've been questioning for some time now.  I wonder how competitive we can be with smaller LB's.  (Blackmon, both William's, etc.) I question whether the coaches are playing athletes that should be Safety at the LB spot.  Comments welcome.

249956[/snapback]

Umm well we were 13-0 in 2004 with "undersized LBs" and we were 9-3 last year with "undersized LBs"....You fill in the blanks..I say very competitive

Archived