Does any one Know ?

Dyebama

How is Jason doing with the RED SKINS...Will he be the QB this year or the actual back up?? I really have not heard much about him this year...

He's been a bit frustrated due to a lack of action. Pray for him, he is learning patience. I think the coaches are giving him time to feel the offense, or to allow it to become ingrained in his being.

Guest BoStillKnows

Here's an update form the Redskins website...the web address is at the bottom after the comments from Saunders.

Coach's Corner: Al Saunders

August 11, 2006

Every week, Redskins.com chats with a Redskins coach about a hot topic. This week: associate head coach-offense Al Saunders discusses second-year quarterback Jason Campbell:

"Jason is a tremendous athlete. He's making progress every day and he's worked as hard as anybody we have in the organization. He knows that this is his opportunity to get some playing time, especially in the preseason where he's going to play quite a bit.

"Coach [Joe] Gibbs has made a real commitment to Jason that he's going to have an opportunity to really show what he can do. Jason has put in extra time and worked very, very hard.

"But the hard thing is that Jason has been in six offenses in six years. Now that can be a positive and a negative. It's a positive in that he has had to adjust dramatically every year. It's a negative in that he has not developed any solid fundamentals and techniques that are inherent in one particular scheme.

"[This offseason], we kind of started him from the ground up and we're kind of molding him into the kind of quarterback that will be very successful in this offense.

"You don't generally change someone's throwing motion, because that's what they've had forever. What you can do is work from the neck up and help with the decision-making and his ability to understand the game and read defenses. Then you work with the waist down, in terms of his footwork and his technique and his consistency on his drop-backs and the timing of his throws.

"I'm very pleased with his attitude, pleased with his athletic ability and pleased with his progress on a day-to-day basis. He's a willing worker."

Link

Thanks for the Up Dates....I hope to look forward in the sunday night game to see if he plays.

I was watching the NFL network and the Skins/Ravens scrimmage was on. JC was in at QB and was like 4-5 on a drive with a very difficult 20 yard out, cross-field pass into zone coverage that found it's target. The commentators were falling all over themselves at that pass. Two of his passes went to Robert "Messed-Up-And-Declared-Early" Johnson.

I'd look for JC to get some pretty solid pt this year.

Archived