Anybody else a little worried about next year?

Auburn Seer

I mean... Kenny and Courtney won't be back. And with the Schedule being so favorable this year, it must be really tough next year.

I know, I know, I shouldn't worry about that yet. I just want some good news to look forward to. You guys know more than I do.

Man, oh man. Are things so good right now that we have to worry about next year already? I'm not 100% confident we have it in the bag this year.

That being said, next year we will return a Senior QB and probably the best QB in the SEC in Brandon Cox. We have Lester, Tate, Fanin, and hopefully Caleb King or some other hot-shot recruit in the backfield. Our 'green' crop of receivers will have a year under their belts. Where we will have a lot of new faces will be the lines, especially O Line. I hope that we will have enough experienced depth that we won't see too much of a drop off.

On defense, we will lose some key players (D. Irons and Herring come to mind), but there again, I think we will have enough returning starters and hopefully a returning Defensive Coordinator where we won't have too much of a drop off there, either.

Basically, I believe we have finally gotten to the point of reloading instead of rebuilding each year.

It's just, well...

I mean, I trust CTT and Al Borges. We'll see about Musgrave, but I have high hopes for him. It's just.. Well, grah.

Freakin'...

Stupid South Carolina. They wasted two years of Irons...

I just want to keep this greatness going.

It's just, well...

I mean, I trust CTT and Al Borges. We'll see about Musgrave, but I have high hopes for him. It's just.. Well, grah.

Freakin'...

Stupid South Carolina. They wasted two years of Irons...

I just want to keep this greatness going.

OH MY GOD!!!!! ITS AUGUST..............................2006!!!!!!!!!!!! TWO WEEKS FROM THIS SEASON AND YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT NEXT YEAR???????????WE ARE GOING TO BE FINE........TUBERVILLE HAS BUILT A POWERHOUSE AT AUBURN. I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT PLAYING A MIDDLE OF THE PACK PAC 10 TEAM THAT I CANT EVEN SLEEP AT NIGHT. WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!! ITS FINALLY HERE!!!!! :au::au::au::au::au:

If Daniels, McCain, and Gonzalez get some playing time this year, then the OL will be fine. Nall must realize this already, and I expect the underclassmen to get lots of PT against Buffalo, Arkansas State, Tulane, etc. Doesn't hurt that one of the top high school centers in the country (Ryan Pugh) has also committed to Auburn.

How about enjoy this year! Auburn is starting out strong recruting. everything will be ok just remember this from now on........... AUBURN doesn't rebuild.................... :big: AUBURN RELOADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well we do lose four OL next year too....

We do, but we are loaded with talent...and that talent WILL play some this year. And recruiting is sick on both lines. We should be pretty danged good next year....

:au::homer:

One game at a time. Next year will take care of itself. :au::au::au::au:

O N E game @ a Time?...I like it! :au::cheer:

Next year? :blink:

Did I miss the 2006 season? I know the pain pills for my back makes me a little loopy and forgetful sometimes, but dang! How did we do? Did we win the SEC and go undefeated? Don't tell me that we got screwed out of the BCS MNC game again! Let me guess...Notre Dame and USC played in it didn't they?

Other than O-line experience (where we will hopefully build some more experience this year) we'll be just as talented and more experienced next year. The stable of running backs behind Kenny is perhaps the best in the conference. Changes on the coaching staff are a possibility any year.

Our road schedule will be tougher. Seems like many teams in the SEC have ended up with conference schedules that are heavily slanted toward home or away on every other year. Next year our conference road schedule will look a lot like last year's...and we didn't do too badly with it then! (Several missed field goals against LSU away from 8-0!)

The only thing to worry about right now is Washington State!

I'm not looking ahead, because the upcoming season is all we need to worry about right now, but just FYI.... So our SEC schedule in 07 looks like this:

v. Ole Miss

v. Vandy

v. Mississippi State

v. Alabama

@ LSU

@ Arkansas

@ Florida

@ Georgia

We trail Alabama in the SEC rotation one year. We are now playing their schedule from the 10-2 season last year. We will be playing their 2006 season in 2007.

Next season wil be tough as per schedule. We are about as secure as we can get about reloading. I hope I am right about this. But watch :lsu: , :uga: , :uf: , :ut: , and :au: They should be alternating :sec: Championships from now on depending on who reloads beter. Soon you can add :ua: back in that too.

My biggest worry for next year isnt about losing players (we have more talent then we had in years) its about losing coordinators...I think we have (right now) the best staff in the country!!! Period! However, the more we continue to kick butt the more offers that CAB and CWM will get for Head Coaching Jobs and losing them IMHO is worse than losing any single player, especially CAB.

IMO There needs to be an opportunity during this season for the younger guys to play alot. In 2004 Auburn jumped out on people big say Tennessee for example then went into a shell so to speak during the game. Slowed things down and such. If the situation presents itself this year during games especially SEC games I think they need to keep pouring the coals as far as game plan but insert younger players. The schedule this year is gonna be tough with 12 straight games, we are gonna need EVERYBODY healthy, if Auburn is able to jump out early there could be 2 birds killed with one stone so to speak, playing time for the younger guys in BIG GAMES, and try to keep the VETS healthy thru the 12 game marathon. Once again just my opinion, by no means am I an expert, but it does sound logical to me. Thanks for your time. Oh yeah the coordinator thing bothers me too. I agree that we have the best staff in the country, I just don't think people will keep on overlooking our assistants if the success keeps on. The only good thing I think is the fact that Coah TT has a pretty impressive track record of finding QUALITY assistants

We are so loaded with talent and more keeps coming everyday....What we all should be worried about is keeping Borges as an o-coordinator after this year....The man is a genius and to many top flight programs are going to need a coach next year(can you say Michigan if Carr posts a below ten win season and loses to Ohio ST.) :(

My biggest worry for next year isnt about losing players (we have more talent then we had in years) its about losing coordinators...I think we have (right now) the best staff in the country!!! Period! However, the more we continue to kick butt the more offers that CAB and CWM will get for Head Coaching Jobs and losing them IMHO is worse than losing any single player, especially CAB.

I agree with you completely :au:

Chette Williams the builder of character and team chemistry is a not so secret weapon that I would not want to be without.

Archived