WSU Coach Looking Forward to AU Crowd

DKW 86

I went to an Oregon home game when I was visiting my dad 4 or 5 years ago. Oregon had one of it's best teams in a half century and they were playing Oregon St (supposedly a big rival). It was kind of loud 2 or 3 times during the game for about a minute. The rest of the game (which wasn't a blowout) the fans seemed pretty disinterested, unless Oregon scored. It was beautiful weather. I felt like I was @ an Old Miss/Miss St game as far as fan noise and intensity. This Wash St. coach is smoking crack.

“I don’t think it will be a whole lot different than Oregon to be quite honest with you,” he says. “You can’t hear yourself think in that Oregon stadium.”

Yes, I can see how it would be exactly the same. If he were playing UNA. Oregon's stadium seats a whopping 41,000. It's nearly as big as Scott Field in Starkville. It's exactly the same. No difference.

Duck ponds and whatnot

As a UNA alum as well as an AU alum and current student, I can confidently say that there is absolutely no comparison between the two. You could give every fan in Oregon's stadium a cowbell AND and airhorn and it would not be as loud as when that eagle flies and that team runs out in JHS on Saturday.

It's going to be a good ballgame, no blowout for sure. I hope our guys are mentally ready.

Why won't it be a blowout? They went 4-7 in the Pac-10 last year and lost their All-American... they're playing on the road against a preseason Top 10 team in a hostile environment.

You guys might be a little scared b/c of AU's recent woes in season openers. That all changes Saturday. I'm picking you guys 34-14.

They were 4-7 last year, losing 4 games by 4 points or less. By Bama standards, they pratically won the MNC!!

Dude, that was hilarious... :roflol:

I wonder if he is going to have a Janet Jackson-style headset, a la Les Miles in HIS first SEC game (stupid schmuck - who wears an EARPIECE into Neyland Stadium???), or if Doba will be smart enough to bring the full coverage noise reduction headset? If he has anything less than a full on coverage, he won't be able to hear himself think, much less hear the booth.

Archived