How Funny ... Yet Another Book

kingfish

Bham News has an article about a new book "Missing Ring" making case for 1966 Tide team's title. This is a funny read and gives deeper insight into how the Bama nation will buy anything relating to UA and Bryant. Within the article is the following:

"That 1973 season is one that Parseghian says Alabama fans should remember."

"Back when I was doing TV on college football, I noticed Alabama claims the 1973 championship," Parseghian said. "They claim it because the UPI vote was taken before the bowl game, where we beat them. By the same token, we were named the national champs in 1964, my first season, by the National Football Foundation. But we never claimed it, because we lost in the last minute of the USC game."

Anyone notice the difference between a class program like Notre Dame and loud mouths from that smaller institution just up the road?

you milk the cash cow till it dries up. Before long though it all starts to come out

of the back end. uat the new "History Channel"

The University isn't printing this. The B'Ham News is. It's unfair to paint us as a "classless program" when an outside source is the one trying to make the buck, not the journalism dept at UA.

you milk the cash cow till it dries up. Before long though it all starts to come out

of the back end. uat the new "History Channel"

"The ANCIENT History Channel" :big:

It's all about money. The bammers never get tired of reading about their history.

I'm a Civil War buff but I don't buy every book that's out about it and don't dwell on it.

It's funny though. I was talking to a bama friend yesterday about the new work at both stadiums. He doesn't like the name of the new plaza at BD, the Walk of Champions. He thinks that is too broad and wishes it were called Tide Walk or something more specific to bama. He made an interesting observation........when their FB team becomes the first ever to make the walk this Saturday, there won't be a single player who has been involved in a championship of any kind. So much for the walk of champions.

It's all about money. The bammers never get tired of reading about their history.

I'm a Civil War buff but I don't buy every book that's out about it and don't dwell on it.

It's funny though. I was talking to a bama friend yesterday about the new work at both stadiums. He doesn't like the name of the new plaza at BD, the Walk of Champions. He thinks that is too broad and wishes it were called Tide Walk or something more specific to bama. He made an interesting observation........when their FB team becomes the first ever to make the walk this Saturday, there won't be a single player who has been involved in a championship of any kind. So much for the walk of champions.

Cotton Bowl champs.

1_CottonBowl741.jpg

Win, dont wrench your back reaching for that one. ;)

Hey man, all I see is a trophy. :cheer:

"Some Champions get trophies but not everyone with a trophy is a champion."

-----Proud Tiger, 8/31/06

The University isn't printing this. The B'Ham News is. It's unfair to paint us as a "classless program" when an outside source is the one trying to make the buck, not the journalism dept at UA.

So are they going to sue the B'ham News like they are D. Moore? :poke:

Hmmmm, you got caught. B)

I've never been bothered by gnats. But if you read the post slowly, it was my bama friend who said it. Guess some bama fans are more realistic than others.

I've never been bothered by gnats.

I'm still seeing that ring/trophy that was won in the current year. :P

He made an interesting observation........when their FB team becomes the first ever to make the walk this Saturday, there won't be a single player who has been involved in a championship of any kind. So much for the walk of champions.

Seems as if their history has carried over into the fantasy of the current program mantras.

Do you come here for any purpose other than to carry out silly arguments with post after post. I made a simple post about what a bama fiend said and you want to turn it into an argument with me. Sorry I've had it with you. Like the thread up top suggests, you need to hang out in the Woodshed and this thread now needs to go there. Geez.....I hate annoying bammers.

Do you come here for any purpose other than to carry out silly arguments with post after post. I made a simple post about what a bama fiend said and you want to turn it into an argument with me. Sorry I've had it with you. Like the thread up top suggests, you need to hang out in the Woodshed and this thread now needs to go there. Geez.....I hate bammers.

I didn't do anything except post a pic. I wasn't disrespectful and I didn't flame. :)

I was talking to a bama friend yesterday about the new work at both stadiums. He doesn't like the name of the new plaza at BD, the Walk of Champions. He thinks that is too broad and wishes it were called Tide Walk or something more specific to bama.

How bout the elephant walk????

Bham News has an article about a new book "Missing Ring" making case for 1966 Tide team's title. This is a funny read and gives deeper insight into how the Bama nation will buy anything relating to UA and Bryant. Within the article is the following:

"That 1973 season is one that Parseghian says Alabama fans should remember."

"Back when I was doing TV on college football, I noticed Alabama claims the 1973 championship," Parseghian said. "They claim it because the UPI vote was taken before the bowl game, where we beat them. By the same token, we were named the national champs in 1964, my first season, by the National Football Foundation. But we never claimed it, because we lost in the last minute of the USC game."

Anyone notice the difference between a class program like Notre Dame and loud mouths from that smaller institution just up the road?

I think you missed the point(s), WC. The "classless"reference was to schools that claim national championships when they lose vs. schools that don't.

As for the book, I don't think anyone was slighting the publisher (who's smart enough to see a profit to be made). The jab was at "how the Bama nation will buy anything relating to UA and Bryant".

I was talking to a bama friend yesterday about the new work at both stadiums. He doesn't like the name of the new plaza at BD, the Walk of Champions. He thinks that is too broad and wishes it were called Tide Walk or something more specific to bama.

How bout the elephant walk????

after the rolling in November it will be the tomb of mummies

Archived