Ole Miss

aufan175

One of Ole Miss' touchdowns was on a sandlot trick play. QB quicksnaps, gives it to the fullback between his legs, QB continues faking an option to the left side, defense follows in containment as the other half of the line leads the fullback untouched for 6.

Erm. Ole Miss isn't a .500 team yet.

Funniest thing I read all day.

Well, let's be honest BG. The Bama game wasn't decided until the game's final play against an average team from the WAC.

Will Ole Miss beat Bama in Tuscaloosa? Eh.

Will Bama be favored by 17? Probably not.

a lot of folks are gonna' beat the bammerfarts this year and ole piss could very well be one of them....since i don't like ole piss but there are no words to describe how bad i loathe the degenerates at the crapstone, it would tickle hell outa' me

Yall are short changing bama a little but Ole Miss could surprise some people once they get their offense settled in. Lots of new starters or new positions plus the qb barely made it to school on time.

C'mon now guys... all of the "BEATDOWN COMING!" garbage prior to the UH game was the first bold, and foolish prediction. Bama won't get beatdown on 10/14 either. Don't get your hopes up.

Funniest thing I read all day.

Not impressed. Didn't look like an SEC quality team to me.

C'mon now guys... all of the "BEATDOWN COMING!" garbage prior to the UH game was the first bold, and foolish prediction. Bama won't get beatdown on 10/14 either. Don't get your hopes up.

The Hawaii stuff was a joke, son, get it? A joke I say.

This week:

BEATDOWN COMING!

photo_mascot.jpg

Next week:

The Vandy stuff was a joke, son, get it? A joke I say.

It was definitely a joke. Look back. I expected a pretty easy Bama win over Hawaii. I'm a little (no make that more than a little) surprised at how Bama struggled. Watching the game now on replay and I just don't see much, particularly on offense, that impresses me.

Hawaii isn't a very fundamentally sound team and they're going to absorb their share of woodshed whippings this season by some relatively non-descript teams. You say the glass is half full, I say it has a small cube of ice clinking around in it.

Id venture to say JPW is ahead of where Cox was at this time last year. And how much better are all these new faces going to get from game 1 to game 2. Id say a lot. Though they all looked pretty good to me. Especially the defense.

Id venture to say JPW is ahead of where Cox was at this time last year. And how much better are all these new faces going to get from game 1 to game 2. Id say a lot. Though they all looked pretty good to me. Especially the defense.

Little bit of difference between Hawaii's defense and Tunuda's at Georgia Tech.

Little bit of difference between Hawaii's defense and Tunuda's at Georgia Tech.

No doubt. And I think BC turned out great for AU. But I also remember what BC did against Arkansas the year before. I think JPW showed a lot last night (assuming he can take some loft out of his deep ball). And every team we play wont sell out for the run like UH did. So it wont be squarely on his shoulders.

Okay. Your glass is half full. To me, Bama looked like a middling, average team mucking around with an inferior team. Who knows where either will end up? All you can do today is try to evaluate where things stand. You saw more positives because that's your position. I saw a gift box of weaknesses that could be exposed.

I do find the whole "eight in the box" parrot squawking to be rather hilarious. "Eight in the box, eight in the box, there were eight in the box!" If that's all it takes to shut the bama running game down, you can expect to see a lot of that this season. And you won't find many SEC teams with Hawaii's paucity of athletes in the secondary. I don't see Jacob Jingelheimer having the same kind of success against a Tennessee or an LSU. I also didn't see a Bama receiver that really stood out as having the ability to change the game.

I've mentioned the weaknesses I saw in the AU game and its execution.

Meh.

7-9 wins. 7 is the most realistic... to get to 9 we'll need some serious luck. I wasn't impressed, but I'm not rushing to judge us one way or another. I give us a "B" overall for the HI game.

Okay. Your glass is half full. To me, Bama looked like a middling, average team mucking around with an inferior team. Who knows where either will end up? All you can do today is try to evaluate where things stand. You saw more positives because that's your position. I saw a gift box of weaknesses that could be exposed.

I do find the whole "eight in the box" parrot squawking to be rather hilarious. "Eight in the box, eight in the box, there were eight in the box!" If that's all it takes to shut the bama running game down, you can expect to see a lot of that this season. And you won't find many SEC teams with Hawaii's paucity of athletes in the secondary. I don't see Jacob Jingelheimer having the same kind of success against a Tennessee or an LSU. I also didn't see a Bama receiver that really stood out as having the ability to change the game.

You didnt see Keith Brown's 6 catches for 132 yards? And his two TD's that were inches away?

You also didnt see our best receiver, DJ Hall...because he was out.

But we could have beaten them by 50 and you still would say we suck...or were "lucky". So forgive me if i take your assesments with a grain of NaCl.

You didnt see Keith Brown's 6 catches for 132 yards? And his two TD's that were inches away?

You also didnt see our best receiver, DJ Hall...because he was out.

But we could have beaten them by 50 and you still would say we suck...or were "lucky". So forgive me if i take your assesments with a grain of NaCl.

Bama should have handled that team by three scores. They didn't. You're asking me to blow sunshine over a team that is merely average in my opinion. It was an average team with a healthy dose of luck last season.

If Keith Brown is your definition of a game-breaker, then I do look forward to the SEC slate. Might be fun.

I love the "close" justification. Auburn was "inches away" from hanging 80 more points on WSU. The game could easily have been 120-14. Just inches from that. Mere inches. And "inches away" from shutting them completely out. If they'd blocked all the punts they were "inches away" from blocking, that would be five more scores. Then we're looking at a 155-0 game. I'm watching the replay now on ESPNU. Tre Smith was "inches away" from going the distance on every carry. He should have six touchdowns already. Inches away. :roflol:

On the other hand, WSU was "inches away" from scoring on every single snap. Amazing.

I don't judge a team too much by its first game anyway. Usually you'll see the biggest changes between weeks 1 and 2 as adjustments and tweaks are made and all that jazz. Especially when you're starting a bunch of new guys.

Archived