kharma?

bigsixfive

I wish we would have hung 80 on them now. His post game analysis is a little off the mark too. Maybe its that crimson color that screws with people's natural reasoning ability.

http://www.coug.com/

WSU plays the Auburn Tiger-War Eagle-Toilet Paper... throwing...guys...

My take on how we can win this game is further down this page. Sometimes its' just more fun to examine the psyche of a school. If your mascot is a Tiger why would you have a school cheer of "War Eagle!" and release an eagle as a part of your pre-game festivities? Wouldn't it be more exciting to release a Tiger? Combine that with a tradition of throwing toilet paper at "Toomer's corner" After a win and you've got to wonder about these guys.

Maybe the mascot mistake comes out of the inferiority complex that Auburn has with its arch rival Alabama, which regularly kicks its collective butt all over the stadium. It has been so bad that even the day that Bo Jackson won the Heisman trophy they STILL lost to Alabama. Auburn is rated number 4-6 by different preseason polls, but Auburn seems to bask in the glow of Alabama believe they are as good as Bama just because they play them. With all of its supposed greatness Auburn has exactly 1 national championship and has the same number of SEC titles as Georgia Tech, which hasn't been a member of the SEC for 40 years. Remember a few years ago when Auburn came in 4th with an 11-0 record? They actually went out and bought the team national championship rings! I guess it was a counting thing.

Jokes about Auburn abound on the internet - here are a couple of the more original:

"How many Auburn graduates does it take to eat an armadillo? Three, one to do the eating and two to watch for cars."

"What is the definition of safe sex down at Auburn? Placing a sign on the animals that kick..."

The biggest joke is that even with all of the hype Auburn is getting they still might lose to little old unranked us!

Heck, who cares what they say. They can talk all the want, but they still went home with a 40-14 but whoopin. They sure were talking all cocky before the game like they thought they can beat us. Now they want to act like it was no big deal. Hilarious. :roflol:

The guy shows total ignorance and no class all through it. It is playground bs. Somebody kicks your butt, so you go and make jokes about their school. Real intelligent writing there.

This was a pregame article. The post game article was above it. Its just lame to resort to outdated drivel to slam an opposing team, especially when the writer has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. Bask in the glow of Alabama? I'm sorry, but suck has no glow. The whole Tiger-Eagle-Plainsman-TP thing is very old. Yes, we TP the heck out of a tree. Don't knock us because you're jealous that we have fun. 11-0 and 4th? Smoke another, hippie. 13-0 and second. Is it that hard to remember a year and a half ago?

The writer needs to take a hard look at his own team. Mediocre in the PAC10 doesn't say a whole lot. If it weren't for Mike "Pimp Daddy" Price, their program wouldn't have the recent reputation it currently has. How many PAC10 titles does WSU have? Now weigh that against how many years the PAC10 actually has more than one good team.

Traditions are part an act of God and part human imagination, which is a gift of God. But, it takes obedience to the will of God on the human's part. Just because the Cougs are lacking in these areas doesn't mean all is lost.

Well I know that the WSU fans who tailgated near us had nothing but great things to say about their Auburn experience. They told us that Auburn was the best place that they had ever been to watch a college football game. Loved the orange, the crowd, the campus, the eagle, and our stadium. They also HATE Bama because of the Mike Price thing.

Well I know that the WSU fans who tailgated near us had nothing but great things to say about their Auburn experience. They told us that Auburn was the best place that they had ever been to watch a college football game. Loved the orange, the crowd, the campus, the eagle, and our stadium. They also HATE Bama because of the Mike Price thing.

Where were you tailgating, because WSU fans said the same thing to us? They loved my orange pants and my buddies orange overalls, thought UA was the scum of the earth, and said as soon as they saw that Auburn was on their schedule they booked their flight because they were so interested in all of the traditions at Auburn, especially the eagle flying. This guy is way off base.

Where were you tailgating, because WSU fans said the same thing to us? They loved my orange pants and my buddies orange overalls, thought UA was the scum of the earth, and said as soon as they saw that Auburn was on their schedule they booked their flight because they were so interested in all of the traditions at Auburn, especially the eagle flying. This guy is way off base.

Same here. Bunch of WSU fans tailgating right next to us. I left my spatula at home so I borrowed theirs to cook some burgers on the grill. Later, we took them some ice cold waters before the game on our way to TigerWalk.

Washington State's record since WW2:

Rank School Win % Wins Losses Ties

83 Washington State 0.44712 279 347 17

With a record like that, I would keep my mouth shut. :blink:

Archived