Pray for Inky Johnson

DKW 86

http://mb18.scout.com/fgridscapefrm1.showM...cID=60644.topic

From the VQ premium board...

Sad news about Inky...

"a friend has given us information that he may lose his arm. They can't get blood flow after transplants of vessels. He is going to the Mayo clinic."

AMEN is one of the most power words. If only someone with the healing power and presence of God could pray for Jehovah Rapha's mercy at his bedside. Someone who could get out of themselves and allow the power of God to manifest Himself through them, just for a moment. It's cowering, humbling and wonderful all at the same time.

Prayers sent.

Remind me of what happened here? I'm not very familiar with the UT roster. Is this the defender that got hit in the shoulder by the Air Force receiver near the end of the game?

Prayers sent.

Remind me of what happened here? I'm not very familiar with the UT roster. Is this the defender that got hit in the shoulder by the Air Force receiver near the end of the game?

Yes, he has nerve damage and has lost blood flow to the arm...

just so you guys know, my roommate's dad is a prominent surgeon in tennessee. inky was operated on by his partner (the vascular surgeon of the group). he's not going to lose his arm, but they said it's 98% chance that he'll never regain feeling in his lower arm. anyway, they're saying his playing career is over for sure.

it's a terrible situation, and i'm sure he could still use your prayers. the doctors said inky was in really good spirits even after they told him the news. just remember that all the guys on the field are real people, young men, and playing a physical game. when you pray for inky, pray for safety for everyone else on the field this and every weekend as well.

Prayers sent for sure. Hope he recovers fully.

:au::homer:

If anyone wants to send Inky a get well card or something to cheer him up, you can send it to:

Inky Johnson

c/o UT Football Office

Neyland Thompson Sports Center

Knoxville, TN 37996

just so you guys know, my roommate's dad is a prominent surgeon in tennessee. inky was operated on by his partner (the vascular surgeon of the group). he's not going to lose his arm, but they said it's 98% chance that he'll never regain feeling in his lower arm. anyway, they're saying his playing career is over for sure.

it's a terrible situation, and i'm sure he could still use your prayers. the doctors said inky was in really good spirits even after they told him the news. just remember that all the guys on the field are real people, young men, and playing a physical game. when you pray for inky, pray for safety for everyone else on the field this and every weekend as well.

I hope that he can be one of those stories where he proves the doctors wrong and we see him back on the field one day.

Archived