CTT to be criticized for suspending Sears and Blackmon?

DKW 86

Frankly if those two guys make or break our game we have more problems than I thought. We know what Sears can do and he has yet to make or break a game but we have no idea what Blackmon can do so what difference does it make.

:no::no::no:

your posts never cease to amaze me... at all

the article says... no one in orange and blue will applaud CTT..... so if they aren't applauding him then please oh mighty assumption God... tell us what we are to assume from the article.

The way i see it, we've won two games while maintaining great discipline in the program. Dede and Johnson are playing great ball. We just have to toughen up in the middle. Our LB situation is fine right now and will only improve when those guys come back. So having said all that I will finish with this... Win or Lose saturday vs. LSU, I will be applauding CTT for running a very classy, well managed and disciplined program.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!! and Beat LSWho??

You can assume anything you want - but it doesn't necessarily mean you are right. The facts are: the author said people won't praise him. The author did not say that fans will come out and criticize him. Fans are fickle and some will criticize him - I'm not denying that it would happen. But earlier posts were bashing the author for saying Auburn fans (in general) would criticize him when the author never said that. What he said IS TRUE: in general, Auburn fans won't Praise him if we were to lose the game. That is a true statement. To say Auburn fans, in general, would criticize him is a statement you could get upset about because that would make Auburn fans look bad. But he didn't say that. So back off the guy for making a true statement, but assume whatever you wish.

If Auburn were to lose:

Most fans will think "well if only we had our LBs the game might of been different" - that is not praising Tuberville (like the author said), but that is not a criticism either. You can be neutral on the thought and not praise nor criticize at the same time.

Do we even know what their suspensions actually are? I've seen a lot of conjecture and assumptions, even in this morning's paper. Has CTT ever announced what they are out for?

Also, I wouldn't be so quick to jump on mcg. There are some valid points there. I may not agree with everything, but I do think you have to consider all the factors in each and every disciplinary situation. The law does. I've done criminal defense work and at any plea or sentencing hearing, I have the opportunity to lay out the whole situation and the circumstances of my client to the Judge. In some cases, that argument is the difference between jail time and probation.

Let me say that I don't have a clue as to what all has been done to these kids, the WHOLE story behind their transgressions, what conversations have gone on between them and Tubs etc. Nobody on this board does for that matter. And YES...Tommy Tuberville is in charge and I will respect whatever he decides. It's his program. But, I would be very surprised if he is not looking at each individual set of circumstances surrounding Sears and Blackmon and evaluating their disciplines separately. Some have described Sears' offense as very serious and correctly stated that he put the lives of others in danger. IT WAS and HE DID! But, was his offense any less serious than that of Lemarcus Rowell? He was gone for a year...no questions asked. Did CTT look at his whole situation before making that decision? I hope so.

Folks, if the circumstances warrant it...and I said "If", then no one in the State, in the SEC or around the country is going to label this program as "Thug U" if CTT cuts Sears some slack at this point. I don't care if the guy plays this weekend or not. But, I'll be the first to salute my coach for taking the kids' future into account and making a compromise.

:no::no::no:

your posts never cease to amaze me... at all

the article says... no one in orange and blue will applaud CTT..... so if they aren't applauding him then please oh mighty assumption God... tell us what we are to assume from the article.

The way i see it, we've won two games while maintaining great discipline in the program. Dede and Johnson are playing great ball. We just have to toughen up in the middle. Our LB situation is fine right now and will only improve when those guys come back. So having said all that I will finish with this... Win or Lose saturday vs. LSU, I will be applauding CTT for running a very classy, well managed and disciplined program.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!! and Beat LSWho??

You can assume anything you want - but it doesn't necessarily mean you are right. The facts are: the author said people won't praise him. The author did not say that fans will come out and criticize him. Fans are fickle and some will criticize him - I'm not denying that it would happen. But earlier posts were bashing the author for saying Auburn fans (in general) would criticize him when the author never said that. What he said IS TRUE: in general, Auburn fans won't Praise him if we were to lose the game. That is a true statement. To say Auburn fans, in general, would criticize him is a statement you could get upset about because that would make Auburn fans look bad. But he didn't say that. So back off the guy for making a true statement, but assume whatever you wish.

If Auburn were to lose:

Most fans will think "well if only we had our LBs the game might of been different" - that is not praising Tuberville (like the author said), but that is not a criticism either. You can be neutral on the thought and not praise nor criticize at the same time.

It was certainly IMPLIED that they'd criticize him!!! Duh!

:au::homer:

I say................

KMA!!!!!!!!!! These idiots have nothing better to write. The fact is......if THEY were the COACHES in question, THEY would turn the other way!

Guest Tigrinum Major

Win, lose or draw; CTT did the right thing for the team and those young men.

WDE

Agreeance. This might be a sign of the apocalypse, me agreeing with you and all.

AU is doing the right thing. I guarantee that LSU would not! . . . AU is concerned about a winning program and spuat and LSU are concerned with just winning.
Ouch! That seems a little off the mark. Any factual basis to back up that guarantee?

I'd bet a fairer eye would perceive many more similarities, than differences in the on/off field discipline of LSU and AU football players. LSU has been pretty doggone clean with regard to any off-field behaviorial issues.

I'm not worried. I trust CTT made the right decision. I know those players RESPECT that decision. Will it cost AU the game? Doubt that 2 players make or break a game - and we were ok the last two weeks. I'm sure in their planning they have everything covered. I would rather AU be known by their principles than by their football record. BTW - WE WILL WIN!

Archived