SEC's Best Big Game Coach

WAR-MATT

Some great quotes:

While Georgia has clearly asserted itself as the Eastern Division kingpin, it's been a dead heat in the West between Auburn and LSU. In fact, they're the only two teams in the league to post winning records against top-10 teams since the 2000 season. Auburn is 12-7 and LSU 7-6.

Beating Tuberville in this type of game was no small feat. He's 6-1 against top-10 opponents the last two years.

And within the parameters of this decade, it's supplanted Alabama-Auburn, Florida-Tennessee, Georgia-Florida and Auburn-Georgia as the annual grudge match that matters most. ouch!

It's amazing enough that we have faced 7 top 10 teams in the last two years, much less gone 6-1 in that time. How many other teams can say that???

WDE

All I can say is Auburn better show up Saturday.

Agreed. :lsu: has tremendous momentum / confidence right now. They are fully expecting to come into JHS and steamroll over :au: . It's going to take everything we've got . . .

Some great quotes:

And within the parameters of this decade, it's supplanted Alabama-Auburn, Florida-Tennessee, Georgia-Florida and Auburn-Georgia as the annual grudge match that matters most. ouch!

It's amazing enough that we have faced 7 top 10 teams in the last two years, much less gone 6-1 in that time. How many other teams can say that???

WDE

Notice how Bama-Tennessee didn't even make his list? ouch again! :roflol:

But I was thinking about something else. When he says:

In five of the last six years, the winner of this game has represented the Western Division in the SEC Championship Game. Three of those years, the winner has gone on to win the title.
Isn't it true that the winner of the Auburn/Georgia game has gone to the SECCG about as frequently? Yeah I know the 'Dogs are in the other division--was just thinking how Auburn plays in two games every year that usually decide who is in Atlanta.

Archived