The Auburn-LSU Rivalry

tiger88

Okay, this rivalry is obviously getting better each year now.

I still put bama #1 of course, but lsu and geaorgia are a tight #2 and #3 in my book with LSU being the more important of the two by a hair, but UGA being the one I'd rather win by a hair.

Okay, this rivalry is obviously getting better each year now.

I still put bama #1 of course, but lsu and geaorgia are a tight #2 and #3 in my book with LSU being the more important of the two by a hair, but UGA being the one I'd rather win by a hair.

No one else in the West can challenge either team now. If I were you, I'd worry more about us. Beat us, lose to GA, and you still go to Atlanta (The Promised Land). Lose to us, beat GA, and you're done if we win out in the SEC.

I would rather this game be played much later in the year. It's much to early to have either teams hopes of a SEC Championship snuffed out. For the foreseeable future, this is the way it will be.

Again, congrats on the win, and good luck.

Over the last five years the LSU/Auburn game has to be the best rivalry in the region. The UGA/Auburn is the oldest and the UGA/Tenn, FLA/UGA and the Tenn/Fla are right up there also. The AU/UA is the top in state rivalry in the region although this game has not been competitive and is losing its luster.

The UA/Tenn is so one sided that I never see it mentioned in the same reverance as those mentioned above. Last year UA had its best team in six years and narrowly defeated the worst Tenn team in eight years AND at home. Tenn rags has Uga and Fla rated above the UA game and Vandy is closing fast.

WDE

Guest Tigrinum Major

One other thing, the game between LSU and Auburn is quickly becoming one of mutual respect. There will always be a few turds in the punchbowl, but for the most part, the LSU fans that have visited our board this week have been welcome guests and the ones that I saw at the game yesterday were loud, brash, supported their team, took umbrage with a few calls from the officials, chanted with the band and at the end of the day, said, damn, that was agreat game. I saw no troubles yesterday even though I saw a ton of LSU fans that were all around campus and at the game. Even after the game, they were at Toomer's, just watching, taking in a great college gameday. I am sure someone will come in with a story of some sort, but those folks are in the minority. And every school has a few fans that will go looking for, and find, trouble.

I did get to meet up with geauxscott for a few minutes at halftime. Now that guy is a troublemaker.

One other thing, the game between LSU and Auburn is quickly becoming one of mutual respect. There will always be a few turds in the punchbowl, but for the most part, the LSU fans that have visited our board this week have been welcome guests and the ones that I saw at the game yesterday were loud, brash, supported their team, took umbrage with a few calls from the officials, chanted with the band and at the end of the day, said, damn, that was agreat game. I saw no troubles yesterday even though I saw a ton of LSU fans that were all around campus and at the game. Even after the game, they were at Toomer's, just watching, taking in a great college gameday. I am sure someone will come in with a story of some sort, but those folks are in the minority. And every school has a few fans that will go looking for, and find, trouble.

I did get to meet up with geauxscott for a few minutes at halftime. Now that guy is a troublemaker.

Mutual Respect Game ... ... has a nice ring to it!

Archived