Chavez gets standing ovation at New York college

Tigermike

Venezuelan thug Hugo Chavez was invited to New York’s Cooper Union school last night, and students gave him a standing ovation after a speech in which he accused the Bush administration of genocide and compared them to the Nazis.

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez gets standing ovation at New York college

After a UN speech in which he called US President Bush "Satan," Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez got a standing ovation with another anti-Bush speech at a New York college.

The South American leader spoke at Cooper Union last night before a packed audience including professors and union organizers.

Chavez proclaimed himself "a friend" of the people of the United States, but said he hopes next time, they'll choose, in his words, an "intelligent president."

He got the standing ovation for comments accusing Bush of committing genocide in Iraq.

Chavez compared the Bush administration's actions to those of the Nazis and said the U-S president should be brought before an international tribunal.

Venezuela's president has become Latin America's leading voice against the US government, taking on the crusading style of his mentor, Fidel Castro.

The US is the top customer for Venezuela's oil.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/breakingn...ws_6978210.html

How do the Islamic jihadist escape blame for this 'genocide' and yet all the blame is laid upon Bush?

The term ' North East Liberal' could never be more accurate and true than it is now.

Kewl. I think I'll move there.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass as you leave.

I think I'll help pay for the one way U-haul.

I don't and haven't used Citgo fuel ever since last year when I found out it was owned by this thug.

I made a lot of money working at that pictured refinery. A lot of money. More that I could make here in southern Alabama in 3 years. As the stock price drops I'll own more shares (DRIP).

I don't and haven't used Citgo fuel ever since last year when I found out it was owned by this thug.

You don't have a choice whether or not to buy Venezuelan crude, whether you know it or not, Simpleton. :roflol:

Most, if not all, Citgo stations are privately owned and don't necessarily buy gasoline and refined products from a Citgo refinery. Some do though. If you fly anywhere, there's a chance that jet fuel may have come from a Citgo refinery, but not necessarily, as they only have four refineries here.

Venezuela's Citgo and U.S. major ConocoPhillips are the two companies to be hardest hit by supply disruptions

from the general strike in Venezuela. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, over the first nine months of this year

around 55 percent of Venezuelan oil sales to the United States were taken by Venezuelan-owned or affiliated companies

operating in the U.S.

The biggest importer of Venezuelan oil was Citgo which is the international downstream division of PDVSA. Citgo this year

has supplied around 40 percent of its 860,000 bpd U.S. refining capacity with Venezuelan crude.

Venezuela provides over 13 percent of the crude and products imported by the United States every day and has recently

ranked fourth behind Saudi Arabia, Canada and Mexico among top U.S. crude suppliers.

http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=5064

Jul 12, 2006 2:03 pm US/Central

Citgo To Stop Selling Gas To Some U.S. Stations

(AP) Caracas, Venezuela Venezuela-owned Citgo Petroleum Corp. has decided to stop distributing gasoline to some 1,800 U.S. stations, including those in Minnesota, shedding a lackluster segment of its business while forcing the owners of those stations to find other suppliers.

While it may create some logistical headaches for gasoline retailers in the short term, the move should not have any impact on the nation's overall fuel supply.

Citgo, which is wholly owned by Venezuela's state oil company, currently has to purchase 130,000 barrels a day from third parties in order to meet its service contracts at 13,100 stations across the U.S. This is less profitable than selling gasoline directly from its refineries.

Instead, the Houston-based company has decided to sell to retailers only the 750,000 barrels a day that it produces at three U.S. refineries in Lake Charles, La., Corpus Christi, Texas and Lemont, Ill., according to a statement late Tuesday.

That will mean that over the next year Citgo will cease distributing gasoline in 10 states and stop supplying some stations in four additional states, Citgo spokesman Fernando Garay said Wednesday.

Chavez has long claimed that parts of Citgo's business produce losses for Venezuela and constitute a subsidy for the U.S. economy.

Oil Minister Rafael Ramirez has also charged that Citgo isn't profitable enough and that its parent, state-owned Petroleos de Venezuela SA, or PDVSA, could at some point sell off some of the company's refineries.

However, in a sign of the apparently lucrative relationship between the two companies, PDVSA announced Wednesday that it has so far earned $400 million in dividends this year from Citgo.

The states where Citgo will stop selling gasoline are: Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma and South Dakota. A limited number of stations in Illinois, Texas, Arkansas and Iowa will also be affected.

Venezuela is the world's fifth-largest oil exporter and the U.S. is its top buyer. The United States relied on Venezuela for about 11 percent of its oil supply in 2005.

If it has Citgo on the sign, it does not get my business. It's like having a sign on your front porch that says Charlie Manson lives here. I ain't visiting.

ConocoPhillips lost my business a long time ago with it's war on the citizens and the 2nd amendment. The stations I frequent do not have either of these signs on their premises. Simple by me or smart by them? Who cares. If I use their gas, it's not by choice. So if that makes me a simpleton then at least I am doing what I feel led to do in away I feel is appropriate. Unlike most of you libruls who sit back, whine, and don't do squat...unless its with my tax money.

Dude, I work for a living. I have no debt and no interest in living off tax dollars. I won't go near a federal job now, and I certainly don't want handouts from anyone in government (evne Haliburton can't say that). I will say this though, Alabama is the most unfriendly state in the union to workers. Hands down the worst. And, this anti-worker administration who wants a 60-hour work week will be hard-pressed to find individuals gullible enough to work under those conditions.

I may have shorted your 401K this week, you never know. :roflol:

Archived