A litle Shanehead to brighten your day.

DKW 86

There's no reason to believe why everything that he predicted can't become true. I agree that AU appears to be the much better team this season... but all of this crap about us being the second-rate school in the state is BS. AU and UA are on equal footing now... there may be times where one school posts a 4 game winning streak, but there will be no complete domination over a a period of 15-20 years. The parity within the NCAA and the general screwups that both of our schools are guaranteed of making will prohibit either school from becoming a powerhouse year in and year out while the other sits at 7-5 and spends Christmas Eve in Shreveport. It's just not going to happen.

This really jumped out at me. WC, the weekend has just started and you are drunk on the Kool Aid.

I will concede that your school has the series edge, I will give you the fact that your school has a greater number of wins and MNCs.

But for you to say that the schools are on equal footing is ridiculous.

Auburn has more talent, better coaches, and is currently in the national title hunt. You team is still hurting from being penalized for cheating, your head coach still isn't proven and you are not even ranked.

They are on equal footing. Lets have this discussion in 10 years and get your take on it. AU is an outstanding team with a promising future... But I'm looking longterm. Many Tide fans say that "AU is still our little brother" and that's simply not true. It's hot air for fans of either school to say that they're CURRENTLY superior to the school across the state. We obviously have the historical edge and that can't be changed... but AU has caught up to Bama and appears to be the better squad this season. Equal footing is exactly what it is.

Many Tide fans say that "AU is still our little brother" and that's simply not true.

Agreed.

It's hot air for fans of either school to say that they're CURRENTLY superior to the school across the state.

I couldn't disagree more. Please tell me why you think that the schools are equal at this moment in history.

We obviously have the historical edge and that can't be changed

Agree.

but AU has caught up to Bama and appears to be the better squad this season.

Agree. But this goes against an earlier point that you tried to make. Please clarify.

Equal footing is exactly what it is.

No. Historically your school had the edge. Currently, it's my school.

Sorry for the confusion!

Historically, UA is superior. Currently, AU is superior. In 2016... it's a toss-up. No team will consistently dominate this series IMO.

Sorry for the confusion!

Historically, UA is superior. Currently, AU is superior. In 2016... it's a toss-up. No team will consistently dominate this series IMO.

You make the fatal mistake of assuming that somehow AU being better than Alabama is a "this year" thing. It's characteristic of the Tide mindset. They REFUSE to see the forest, instead focusing on the tree that is this year. It's not a "this year" thing, crim. It's a decades-long paradigm shift. Whether you want to admit it or not, Auburn has been the better program for the better part of three decades now. The times when Alabama has had the upper hand are anomalies. And whether you want to admit it or not, the ONLY time Alabama has had the upper hand over Auburn in the last 25+ years is when (drumroll....) Auburn was on probation. Chew on that a while. Let it sink in. Auburn was a DECIDEDLY better program until probation issues tore down the last few years of Dye's tenure. One Auburn recovered from that, AU once again took the top spot. And with the exception of the transitional end of Terry Bowden's short (*snicker*) era, Auburn continues to hold sway.

It ain't "this year" win. It ain't "the last four years when we's on probation". It's a lot more pervasive than that.

Think on it. It'll SCARE you.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Auburn has been the better program for the better part of three decades now.

And what is really scaring them, for the real Alabama fans, the ones who have actually stepped foot in Tuscaloosa and have a UA diploma on their wall, is that when you look at the Universities as a whole, Auburn is far and away the better program. The only thing they had their hat to hang on the past 30 years is the peak of wins in the 70's. Now that Auburn is also superior in football, the realization that the most important, respected University in the State is in Auburn is putting them into a frenzy they cannot get out of...

"And what is really scaring them, for the real Alabama fans, the ones who have actually stepped foot in Tuscaloosa and have a UA diploma on their wall,"

Not to debate you or anything but being a real fan of any program has nothing to do with where your diploma is from. I've been a HUGE Auburn fan for nearly 30 years but my diploma came from another school.

"And what is really scaring them, for the real Alabama fans, the ones who have actually stepped foot in Tuscaloosa and have a UA diploma on their wall,"

Not to debate you or anything but being a real fan of any program has nothing to do with where your diploma is from. I've been a HUGE Auburn fan for nearly 30 years but my diploma came from another school.

That's fine, I respect your backing of Auburn. To make it clear, I am an Auburn man because of the 4 years I spent living in Auburn, attending classes at Auburn University, making friends with great Auburn people (and marrying one) and walking out with a Diploma that I worked for and that I am very proud off. My affection for Auburn has nothing to do with what the football team does or does not do on Saturday; and I am sure yours is too. My experience growing up in Montgomery in the 1970's; the typical Bama's fan's affection was dependent completely upon the football teams' wins or losses.

rexbo, Auburn is like a second home to me and though my initial draw to Auburn was due to football when I was a child it now is much deeper than that. I call it the "Other Promised Land".

I became an Auburn fan in the 70's. All my aunt's, uncles, and both set of grandparents went to Alabama my dad was the only Auburn guy in the family. I saw how ridiculous bama fans were including my family. If you grew up in Alabama in the 70's and weren't an Alabama fan you know it wasn't hard to dislike them, they made it so easy.

In the late 80's I spent a lot of time in Auburn, I practically lived there for about 18 months. Unfortunatly life took me into a different direction and I ended up in school elsewhere. I wished I had been able to get my undergrad at Auburn but it didn't work out that way but I love the place no less than anyone. I get chills everytime I get out of my car and step foot in Auburn, corny I know but true indeed.

This is touchy for me because UF has owned us since the beginning of the Civil War it seems.

But, I think UA needs to beat AU before they can be considered on equal footing. Right now, I think AU without doubt is above UA.

Now, if UA wins the West 2-3 times in the next few years, I would agree they are on equal footing.

But, as long as AU is beating them H-2-H and Alabama is not winning the West and AU is...I think AU has the heads up.

" ShameHead " is now teaching a new course at UAT for all in-coming Freshmen..." Ancient Football History ".

Know what he has in common with a maggot ? They both can live off dead bear for 20 years.

His attempt at an article used only last year to prove that lil bama is the superior program now and forever. One year doesn't make a trend. In the last 3 seasons, AU was the 3rd winningest NCAA div1A program. Compare that to Shula's record at bama : 23-18 overallwith plenty of cream puffs, and 12- 14 vs SEC teams.

Lil bama's program is average or below mainly because of their decisions inside the athletic dept. and their recent midernization will never reture the investment made in facilities. Players in this state don't grow up dreaming about playing for bear . Many who reached the NFL via other programs never gave a hoot when he was alive.

Keep dreaming bama fans. Bear watches from Heaven and the Easter Bunny is coming soon !

Archived