How about Kerry Murphy?

Auburn Seer

From all I hear he will struggle to stay in school. Hoover has a special tutor for him. Look for him to sign with UAT and be placed in JUCO.

Will the turds be allowed to carry him on their signing day #'s for 3 years like they did with Ford to make them feel better about being ranked high with players that never see the field???

Of course, and he will be re-evaluated upward all three years.

Will the turds be allowed to carry him on their signing day #'s for 3 years like they did with Ford to make them feel better about being ranked high with players that never see the field???

Careful guys, Auburn has made up considerable ground with your next potential Academic All-SEC candidate. He was very impressed with the LSU victory.

Careful guys, Auburn has made up considerable ground with your next potential Academic All-SEC candidate. He was very impressed with the LSU victory.

There were rumours flying around last night that he commited to us, but obviously they aren't true as there would be some story on it by now. Still interesting to follow, I dont think we end up getting him but are chances do seem to be rising. Either way, even if we do get him, he's still a doubtful qualifier.

IF he's Auburn material, ability and character wise, we can afford to sign a non-qualifier or partial qualifier much better than the Bammers who are still suffering the effects of probation.

• 3 weeks later...

Like Chris Slaughter?

Actually, he was a 4 star last year also.

Going by rivals.com, his ranking has moved up (now .1 away from 5-star status, which puts him in the company of the top 40 or so of this year's class, wheras he was a middle of the pack 4-star last year)

He's also a year older and has spent a year playing football in NY... seems like worthy of an upgrade to me...

If that's your logic then why gripe about Alabama's recruits that have stock improvements after they get bigger and faster a year or two after high school?

He's also a year older and has spent a year playing football in NY... seems like worthy of an upgrade to me...

If that's your logic then why gripe about Alabama's recruits that have stock improvements after they get bigger and faster a year or two after high school?

Probably because your "proof" was Slaughter gaining .1 in his grade. .1 is NOTHING when you're talking about guys who go from HS to Prep/JUCO. Infact, likely the only reason he even went up .1 is because he is automatically a Top 2 Prep School WR (as he was Top 15 or Top 20 as a HS senior).

Probably because your "proof" was Slaughter gaining .1 in his grade. .1 is NOTHING when you're talking about guys who go from HS to Prep/JUCO. Infact, likely the only reason he even went up .1 is because he is automatically a Top 2 Prep School WR (as he was Top 15 or Top 20 as a HS senior).

In otherwords, he was "re-evaluated upward", which was the intial gripe I responded to in this thread. What Alabama recruits is there an unfair history of this with anyway?

I look at their commitment list, and see Mike Ford, who transitioned from a 5.8 to a 5-star. That's fairly standard for recruits that transition to 5-star prep player status. Hell, look at this year's top prep school player, Craig Cooper. Last year, when he committed to Miami he was a 3-star RB, but this year is a 5-star prep stud. Look at the other two prep school 5-stars this year and you'll find neither was initially more than a middle-packer in the 4-star group of last year. But maybe the re-evaluation conspiracy isn'y just pro-Alabama, it seems to extend out in favor of other schools as well, the conspiracy must be against Auburn itself...

Bottom line it really doesn't matter about the stars... yes it is fun to beat alabama in the rivals rankings but it all comes down to how they play on pat dye field. TT and the staff know what kind of players they're looking for. Kerry Murphy is 6'5 over 315 which is what AU needs in the middle. I'm surprised he can only bench 300 as strong as he is. Enrique davis can bench 45 more than he can. Of course murphy will be a late qualifier, so I think he would fit in perfect with UAT.

WDE!!!!!!!!!!

Archived